Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2022 at 10:13 PM
Default Summon A Sim From Library And Command Them
Hello there, I want to make a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure mod for the Sims 4.

To do so, I need to give all Sims with the Stand User trait I'm creating the ability to summon a random sim (their stand) from the game library or other place, instead of having the Stand be it's own Sim. I've thought about using the Familiars from RoM to do so, but I'd also want them to be able to be given interactions, such as to attack another Sim or Stand, using violence mods. Then the Stand can be withdrawn. Fighting moodlets would be transferred to the user based on who won or lost.

Is there any way to add a self-interaction that allows a "temporary Sim" to be summoned and withdrawn at will?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Mar 2022 at 2:16 AM
Have you looked at the duplicato spell?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Mar 2022 at 11:29 PM
No I have not! I would try that instead, but I believe it's someone else's mod so it's probably something I'd have to get permission to use if I want to share the mod with others. I'll need to see how it functions in game since I haven't used it yet on my Spellcaster sim.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Mar 2022 at 6:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Steelheart5589
No I have not! I would try that instead, but I believe it's someone else's mod so it's probably something I'd have to get permission to use if I want to share the mod with others. I'll need to see how it functions in game since I haven't used it yet on my Spellcaster sim.

Oh it's actually not a mod! That's just one of the spells you get from RoM. It lets you summon a clone of yourself and order them around - but I bet you could make it a clone of another sim?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Mar 2022 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JaneSimsten
Oh it's actually not a mod! That's just one of the spells you get from RoM. It lets you summon a clone of yourself and order them around - but I bet you could make it a clone of another sim?

Holy crap, I think that's my solution! I'm gonna give it a lookover.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Mar 2022 at 12:15 AM
Do you know what the tuning file is for summoning the cloned Sim? I need to make it so it's not limited to Spellcasters, and doesn't use wands or brooms. I will also need to be able to permanently change the cloned Sim's outfit to be the model in the picture above.

Thanks again for your help!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Mar 2022 at 4:06 AM
Do you know what the tuning file is for summoning the cloned Sim? I need to make it so it's not limited to Spellcasters, and doesn't use wands or brooms. I will also need to be able to permanently change the cloned Sim's outfit to be the model in the picture above.

Thanks again for your help!

Np! I'm on vacation without my computer rn so I can't look up the tuning file, but if you search duplicato in S4S it'd probably come up? For getting rid of the wands, all you probably need to do is change the animations. Costuming I haven't done before but if it had to guess, duplicato probably starts a new situation and you could attach a uniform to the clone role state... but idk without looking at stuff
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Mar 2022 at 7:03 AM
I really appreciate your help! Thank you! Let me know if there's anything else I should know.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd Mar 2022 at 5:08 AM
I really appreciate your help! Thank you! Let me know if there's anything else I should know.

No problem! I'm not sure how far along you are with this now, but it looks like the tuning you'd need to duplicate and edit is the spells_self_clone and then change the bits you want to in outcome/basic_extras/create_sim. It looks like you can specify where you're getting your sim info from too if that's important for what you're trying to do!