Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Immersive Rain (Updated 29/08/22)

by beestew Posted 27th Jul 2022 at 3:43 AM - Updated 29th Aug 2022 at 4:37 PM by beestew

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 3:53 AM
It has always bugged me that sims in sims 2 don't react to rain; so this will be a very nice change.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 7:30 AM
oooh this looks interesting!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 8:12 AM
This looks awesome. Specially the reactions and clothing changes, so I think I'm gonna try the core only first and decide whether I want to add the soaking thing later.
Thank you very much for sharing!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 8:44 AM
Looking good! Also from a rainy place, I can relate to this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 12:56 PM
Awesome mod! Thanks!

I had "nounneededcoats" in my downloads. Quickly ran it through Sims2HCDU and they obviously would conflict. So I deleted it, just to be sure. I didn't quite feel like experimenting with that today lol.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 1:06 PM
This is outstanding @BartekStu !!!

This is really what weather should have been in the TS2 universe! Sims get up and go running to the windows to check the rain all the time! Even vampires will rise from their coffins during daylight hours to ponder the weather... But when they're outdoors, who cares! Dumb...

I really wish EAxis would've coded rain gear and winter wear separately. Makes no sense that if it's raining in the summer, you'd stop and put on your sweater and a scarf. Or if it's cold, you stick on rubber boots and a plastic jacket... But i digress. How easy it would've been to have them do a weather check, then an inventory check for an umbrella, and BOOP! Employ umbrella!

Thanks for sharing this with the community. I can't wait to try it out in my game! Looks awesome!

-grinEvilly
>=)
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 2:00 PM
Nice mod! I wanted something like that.
However, I have some questions, hope you can answer them.
First, you said:
Unplayed Sims not dressed appropriately for the rain will leave the lot if they cannot find shelter.
How about canopy (build mide, section canopy or something like that, my game isn't on English)? Does it count as shelter? I have lots where there is no indoor spase, only canopy and it can be problematic then everyone leaves only because they think canopy isn't enough for staying dry
Second. Is it possible to make sims try to go indoor not in rain only but then their cold/hot level is on maximum?

Thanks anyway, you did a good mod.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#9 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 2:17 PM
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 2:31 PM
Cool, I always wanted better reaction to the rain.

Will this work with the mod that stops weather reactions happening while they are asleep?
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,7736.0.html

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 3:45 PM Last edited by beestew : 29th Aug 2022 at 4:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Adrime
Awesome mod! Thanks!

I had "nounneededcoats" in my downloads. Quickly ran it through Sims2HCDU and they obviously would conflict. So I deleted it, just to be sure. I didn't quite feel like experimenting with that today lol.

I'll look into making a version that adds it. ^_^

Quote: Originally posted by Left4LifebyLight
Nice mod! I wanted something like that.
However, I have some questions, hope you can answer them.
First, you said:
Unplayed Sims not dressed appropriately for the rain will leave the lot if they cannot find shelter.
How about canopy (build mide, section canopy or something like that, my game isn't on English)? Does it count as shelter? I have lots where there is no indoor spase, only canopy and it can be problematic then everyone leaves only because they think canopy isn't enough for staying dry
Second. Is it possible to make sims try to go indoor not in rain only but then their cold/hot level is on maximum?

Thanks anyway, you did a good mod.

Hi! Canopies, or awnings, count as shelter when a Sim is standing under them, meaning they will not get rained on - if an unplayed Sim is under one, they will not leave the lot if they're underdressed. Sims will not autonomously seek them out for shelter, however, only indoor spaces. Glad you like the mod!

Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
This conflicts with CJ-NoOuterwearSpin. Description doesn't mention this is included, any way to include it this in your mod or make them compatible?

Added to the conflict list. Fortunately this is an easy fix, because the global for changing outfits comes with a built in argument to control whether Sims do the animation or not

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Cool, I always wanted better reaction to the rain.

Will this work with the mod that stops weather reactions happening while they are asleep?
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,7736.0.html

You can replace that mod with this one. Weather reactions won't queuestomp, and aren't allowed at all if a Sim is in the middle of an interaction; Sleeping is an interaction and is therefore included.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  bstu-ImmersiveRain-CORE-NoClothesSpin.rar (7.6 KB, 112 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 7:06 PM
Thanks for this mod! I love that Sims are now getting wet, like TS3
I found 2 conflicts with your core package:
  • WeatherOutfitMod-UPDATE8
  • WeatherReactionMod
Both by simler90 (https://modthesims.info/d/632096/temperature-mods.html)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 10:42 PM
Awesome mod! Just to add to the list of conflicts: WetController conflicts with MATY's yellowpee.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 11:00 PM
Thanks so much

^ A lot of things conflict with yellow pee.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nostural
Thanks for this mod! I love that Sims are now getting wet, like TS3
I found 2 conflicts with your core package:
  • WeatherOutfitMod-UPDATE8
  • WeatherReactionMod
Both by simler90 (https://modthesims.info/d/632096/temperature-mods.html)

Quote: Originally posted by cow_tools
Awesome mod! Just to add to the list of conflicts: WetController conflicts with MATY's yellowpee.

New conflict info added thanks for letting me know!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 12:06 AM
Thanks for making the game more fun & realistic!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 6:29 PM
Hi, I want to be able to make this apply to children too? As a child I felt more vulnerable to the rain than as an adult, I was much more likely to get caught out in the rain too because of school commute. I don't think kids are waterproof, and consequences for splashing around in mud puddles for hours without care is often a cold! Do I just change the Pie Menu function (TTAB) in "Get Rained On" and check the box for "children" that's unchecked right now, and will that work? Or are there are lot of other parts I'd need to change too, is it too complicated for a small fix?

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 8:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by beestew

Added to the conflict list. Fortunately this is an easy fix, because the global for changing outfits comes with a built in argument to control whether Sims do the animation or not

You can replace that mod with this one. Weather reactions won't queuestomp, and aren't allowed at all if a Sim is in the middle of an interaction; Sleeping is an interaction and is therefore included.

Hi! The 'No-Spin' version doesn't seem to be working fully - my Sims still spin when they are leaving a building, although they don't do it when they go back in.

Please would you be able to take another look at this?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bagfran
Hi! The 'No-Spin' version doesn't seem to be working fully - my Sims still spin when they are leaving a building, although they don't do it when they go back in.

Please would you be able to take another look at this?

Thanks so much for letting me know! I did in fact miss one of the nodes. The .package linked above has been fixed and updated.

Quote: Originally posted by Nottakenaway
Hi, I want to be able to make this apply to children too? As a child I felt more vulnerable to the rain than as an adult, I was much more likely to get caught out in the rain too because of school commute. I don't think kids are waterproof, and consequences for splashing around in mud puddles for hours without care is often a cold! Do I just change the Pie Menu function (TTAB) in "Get Rained On" and check the box for "children" that's unchecked right now, and will that work? Or are there are lot of other parts I'd need to change too, is it too complicated for a small fix?

Hey! Unfortunately, there are BHAV restrictions on this also. I used the Maxis Sprinkler animations for the mods, and they look a bit janky on child Sims;

So I decided to restrict it to teens and up, like Maxis. I would need to add child anim versions of all the other animations used in this mod also.

Perhaps one day I will come back to it, but I'm not too interested at this time.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by beestew
Thanks so much for letting me know! I did in fact miss one of the nodes. The .package linked above has been fixed and updated.

Thanks a lot!

I'm waiting impatiently for it to actually rain in my game, so that I can see the full effects of the mod in action!
Test Subject
#21 Old 30th Jul 2022 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bagfran
Thanks a lot!

I'm waiting impatiently for it to actually rain in my game, so that I can see the full effects of the mod in action!

For testers: I use Sophie-Davids hydrangea to kind of force rain.
https://modthesims.info/d/520899/se...er-control.html
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 11:33 AM
thank you so much for this!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#23 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 4:58 PM
Very intresting mod, beestew. I once had two NPC sims sit in a pouring down rainstorm playing chess for 3 hours! Duh! I will give your mod a tryout, seems like a great addition to the game, many thanks.
Scholar
#24 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 8:51 AM
Apparently ghosts are also affected by this mod

Not a big deal and personally I find it quite amusing, but I'm not sure whether this was intended so I thought of reporting it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
Apparently ghosts are also affected by this mod

Not a big deal and personally I find it quite amusing, but I'm not sure whether this was intended so I thought of reporting it.

Ghosts are affected in the vanilla game too it seems - I'll fix this up in an update :p

Is it just ghosts changing into outerwear when they leave indoor or outdoor spaces, or when they spawn? Any more detail on that?
Page 1 of 3