Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Smeg Head
#276 Old 1st Mar 2024 at 10:23 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 1st Mar 2024 at 11:00 AM.
Actually, I just worked it out. "Delores" in Simlish translates to "Day-one DLC." So then Project Day-One DLC is for Project Rene's release day. Which is all very sad quite literally. As, coincidentally, Delores translated to English is pain, sorrow or sadness. (From "Dolor.") Practially, nay, LITERALLY screaming at you not to get your hopes up. So it all comes full circle in that all too familiarly bland and cash-grabby EAxis way.

Ah, the ongoing Greek tragedy odyssey of EAxis and The Sims. Again, coincidentally enough, Homer's character Odysseus' name translates to Man/he of endless/bottomless sadness. Hence the great Soggy Bottom Boys related song "Man of Constant Sorrow." But enough of all the sadness. One never knows if Maxis could ever turn it all around and make us all happy once again, with something to sing joyous about. With all the competition soon sailing on the horizon, they'd blooming-well better.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Advertisement
Theorist
#277 Old 2nd Mar 2024 at 1:21 PM
Project Dolores: This list is satire although Maxis could learn a thing or two from it.

Maxis will state up front that there will be over 70 DLC upon release. You want seasons? You can have them, but you'll have to pay $20.00 for each one.

Instead of sims clapping when a sim dies, the sims in the household or around said dying sim will be sad.

Standing around in urine puddles will not be allowed.

There will no longer be tiny text disclaimers on pack promos or ads. Instead they will use actual game footage and what is shown will actually be in said pack.

Sims that engage in incest will be called out by other sims. There will be no points in sleeping around with Father Winter regardless of a sims age.

Sims will no longer be able to have a baby within 5 minutes of meeting each other.

The sims franchise will return to its roots and will include time management vs being what it is today which is a fish bowl game.

Sims will no longer be able to go from having nothing to becoming millionaires just from painting.

Mac and Cheese will look like something edible instead of vomit. Along the same lines, lettuce on a sandwich will look like lettuce instead of pour-able green slime.

Maxis will accept that names Nighat Caliente is not a bad word. https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Nighat_Caliente

Maxis will keep their politics to themselves until they accept that Nighat Caliente is not a bad word.

I'm having way too much fun with this; I need to stop.
Mad Poster
#278 Old 4th Mar 2024 at 11:07 PM
Gargoyle, you forgot to mention sims will call out police on yamachan as you soon he walks through the front door before he can’t reach the kitchen. (Oh and burglars will exist like they do irl). In dolores, Sims won’t be playing games and won’t take funny business from other Sim poor ai autonomy excuse xD

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Theorist
#279 Old 5th Mar 2024 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Gargoyle, you forgot to mention sims will call out police on yamachan as you soon he walks through the front door before he can’t reach the kitchen. (Oh and burglars will exist like they do irl). In dolores, Sims won’t be playing games and won’t take funny business from other Sim poor ai autonomy excuse xD

Yamachan is the least of Maxis' issues. I honestly don't see how TS4 is going to last for years from now. The metaphorical cracks in TS4's Swiss cheese 'foundation' are popping up all over the place.

All day today there has been endless grumping about all the new bugs that have shown up since the last update. Everybody keeps asking if packs are even being tested or not, but nobody seems to want to check the credits of the new pack to see if there is any testers listed or not.

The Sims 4 is an absolute broken mess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-zqkkFUDBA

THE DUMPSTER FIRE (The Sims 4) GETS WORSE!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxtHzhE3QaY

The Sims 4 Is In The Worst State It's Ever Been In... THIS IS BAD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNFSXrec5Zw

New Game Breaking Bugs (Sims 4 Patch & Crystal Creations)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7VeoCHxf3Q

Somehow Project Nay-Nay and now Delores is going to be better? Alrighty then...
Scholar
#280 Old 6th Mar 2024 at 8:08 PM Last edited by DrChillgood : 7th Mar 2024 at 2:39 PM.
Catching up on this thread, rodiek is gone? *insert crab emoji* Took them / him long enough. Hopefully his next employer won't put up with his antics and will keep him reined in. (Hopefully he won't even be considered for one of the Sims competitors.) Maybe rodiek started out with good ideas and passion for the series, but by TS4, he became a tyrant.

I'm just here to watch the TS4 successor trainwreck.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Theorist
#281 Old 9th Mar 2024 at 11:40 PM

Disney Dreamlight Valley

https://www.ign.com/wikis/disney-dr...eamlight_Valley

Project Nay Nay

https://youtu.be/rnlstHB_n_8?feature=shared&t=340

I wonder who Maxis plans on marketing Project Nay Nay to? Looks like Gen Alpha...
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#282 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 9:13 AM
New TS5 leaks!

TS5 might have physics and you can also stretch objects like lamps to your will.
Mad Poster
#283 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Casimir
New TS5 leaks!

TS5 might have physics and you can also stretch objects like lamps to your will.

That looks really good.
Lab Assistant
#284 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 5:58 PM
I am also impressed, especially because of the physics part. I imagine that we might get animated hair and animated clothes, which would be super nice. It would be just like Paralives. If the gameplay is as good as buy mode apparently is, this would be like a redemption from TS team.
Alchemist
#285 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 9:48 PM
The physics do look nice. Still, when looking at the image from the outside, the textures seems to be the same style as in Sims 4. To me that is a hard pass because it looks too childish. The characters have the same overly comical expressions, as well, with the eyebrows and all. I had hoped that EA would have gone with more realistic approach this time but it doesn't seem to be the case. I also think that there won't be open world or CAW. I would like to be happily surprised, though.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#286 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
Catching up on this thread, rodiek is gone? *insert crab emoji* Took them / him long enough. Hopefully his next employer won't put up with his antics and will keep him reined in. (Hopefully he won't even be considered for one of the Sims competitors.) Maybe rodiek started out with good ideas and passion for the series, but by TS4, he became a tyrant.

I'm just here to watch the TS4 successor trainwreck.

Well I hope he's not planning to join Rod Humble on Life By You!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#287 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 3:05 PM
Another set of TS5 leaks!

The 3d models look a lot more detailed that those in TS4. The player will also be able to manipulate textures of objects as well as patterns. It is similar to the TS3, but it is much better.
Forum Resident
#288 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 8:10 PM
These Sims look like the ugly lovechild of Sims 3 and 4 featuring the worst characteristics of both, more ugly clay hair from 4 and pudding faces from 3. What a time to be alive /s But hey, at least it looks like the clothes will have texture and detailed normalmaps, that's something.

Sorry if I'm sounding salty (I literally am though!) but I really hoped they'd go for something little bit more realistic this time and this isn't that at all. Not saying I'm surprised by this at all since apparently people really love how Sims 3 and 4 look like, I'm just unfortunately not a huge fan of either.
Lab Assistant
#289 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 9:45 AM
I do not mind cartoony graphics if implementing them means that the developers are not lazy. For example, TS4 does that with those horrible pink trees and models of birds. TS4 does have an interesting style though. The worlds are especially beautiful, but they are very small.

TS5 is still early in development which means that everything is subject to change. That includes 3d models as well. Paralives is a good example of that. The 3d models look so different now and the team is still improving them.
Mad Poster
#290 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 10:20 AM
Today I dreamt that Will Right released a Sims game as technically TS5 but it was with TS1 graphics and a remastered version, and that LGR had a review out for it, feeling the reception was that of the new City Skyliness, where while there are improvements, still isn’t revolutionary, groundbreaking or gives exactly what people yearn for a new game. Too bad I forgot what the name was.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Page 12 of 12