Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2022 at 3:47 PM
Default Black Stripes on Hair Mesh
Does anyone have any idea what's causing the black stripes pictured here?

The mesh in Milkshape has no stripes and the black lines don't seem to be coming from the texture either as changing it doesn't fix them.

I didn't make the mesh, it's here. https://modthesims.info/d/220181/gy...s-textures.html I'm just trying to retexture it.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Nov 2022 at 6:20 PM
From that perspective you're seeing the underside of the mesh, and that area is going to be dark in Bodyshop. Could just be a Bodyshop artefact. Have you checked ingame?

The hair looks fine in Milkshape, the UVs and texture don't seem to have anything iffy going on, so it's probably just the inside/normals playing up a bit in Bodyshop.

The hair does lack the "HasTangentArray:" lines (the lack of this one causes the "bright CAS bug"), so could potentially have something to do with that, but I doubt it since it's more of an ingame issue.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2022 at 11:30 AM
Ah, didn't know that Bodyshop did that. You learn something every day! I checked in game and it's fine in game. Thanks!