Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 7:20 PM
Default How to get a ghost who was eaten by the mother plant?
How do I get a ghost who was killed by the mother plant (Strangerville) as part of my household? (without cheating!) Seems like a lot of work if you're trying to get killed! But that's only half the battle; I need to add the ghost to my household after he's dead. That means you need a tombstone to morn, summon, befriend and invite to join household. Last time one of my sims was killed by the Mother Plant they were just dead, no Grim, no headstone, no nothing.
I can do it by cheating, but what's the point in playing if you're going to cheat like that? I can also cheat and just click the mail box and make it so none of my sim's needs decay, ever.
Can I make my lot haunted, get a bunch of sims killed fighting the mother plant, and just hope for one to show up?

Sims are better than us.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 10:36 PM
Default That Wasn't so hard.
You don't even need to invent the vaccine! I think what I didn't do before was either not have another sim in my household (or I tried to "rescue" the sim with a new household) or the sim has to be there. Anyway, my spellcaster duplicted himself, became friends with the force friendship potion, invited to add to the household,and then went to fight the mother plant.
First time you fight you get a warning.
Second time you fight you get eaten.
But unlike prior games where there was no urn, this time there was! So, duplicate sim does a necro-call and first sim's ghost appears. Then he stands around while "witness death", and when that's over the duplicate asks the original sim to join the household, and voila! it's done!
Why? because if your sim was a mother plant snack your needs never decay. Or so it says on the trait description.
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 8:53 PM
The first couple of three times I tried to tassel with the mother plant my sims always lost. Can't figure how to get the upper hand on the sucker. Can it be beaten? My impression is that it can't.

Of course I'm sure that it can be, but . . . damn!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 11:36 PM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 21st Oct 2020 at 11:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by dikosay
The first couple of three times I tried to tassel with the mother plant my sims always lost. Can't figure how to get the upper hand on the sucker. Can it be beaten? My impression is that it can't.

Of course I'm sure that it can be, but . . . damn!

It's easy!
1) Recruit three sims.
2) Make about 3 extra vaccines. Science Career level 5, when you can make the cloning machine, or spell caster* using the copypasto spell make this easy!
2.5) Go to the secret lab to attack the mother plant. Your recruits will magically show up when you attack If you have more than 3 recruits you can select which 3, probably useful if you screw up and have to retreat.
3) Select Charge in your group orders. You should never need to change this.
4) Throw vaccine and do a mega spray.
5) Keep checking the pie menu on the mother to see when you can throw another vaccine+megaspray, and do it as soon as you can. You end up throwing about 3 vaccines and doing 3 mega sprays.
6) And it's dead! salad time, right?
This is great. Now, bring it back to life but don't choose any weirdness. It grants wishes! You can use these wishes to level up fast in that science career I was talking about! You get one wish per day. So, sim goes to work, comes home, and visits the mother plant for another wish. Time is 24 sim hours from the time the wish is granted, tho, so at first it's 8PM, 9 PM, 10PM etc.

* strangeville is almost unplayable without a spellcaster now that EA "fixed" the game with an update. The old way you ALWAYS got 5 spores at the lab and 1 spore in town. Now? The batteries in the spore scanner are (almost) always DEAD at the lab, and you usually get no spores in town.
Your options are bb.showhiddenobjects and "buying" 20 or more spores, or having a spellcaster who can "copypasto" one spore you might find around town into 20+ spores; 15 for the profile and 5 more for the sample vaccine. The cloning machine cannot clone spores! Not even with the "clone sim" from the level 8 science career! Does that seem right to you? You can clone a whole full grown sim but not a stupid spore?
Once you have a sample vaccine make more with the cloning machine or copypasto spell. You need at least 6 vaccines (3 people and 3 to fight the mother plant), but I've found that sometimes you "cure" someone and they just walk away before they can be recruited to fight the mother plant, so I always make more.
Oh, when you set the weirdness of the mother plant to restart the mission? All your vaccines become "sample vaccines"!

Don't forget, you can upgrade sample vaccines into vaccines at the chemistry station in the lab.

I tried modding the chemistry station so that it can work like the lab's chemistry station so to avoid a special trip to the secret lab. i also tried to undo the EA "fix" the spore scanner to make the game more "fun". And the cloning machine so it can clone spores. I am terrible at making mods, tho.

Sims are better than us.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 12:00 AM
The benefits you get from the wishes totally makes up for the stupid reward trait where people send you fan mail of rotten cupcakes in the mail. I mean, the future cube and clay, yes, worth a few simolians but the spoiled cupcakes are just a bother.

Sims are better than us.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 3:02 AM
Thank you Professor.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 10:09 PM
I forgot to mention you have to be infected to communicate with the mother plant after you have defeated it. . Then you make friends and You can ask for career success, money, or life extension.
I found out today that if you lock your doors, the secret agents that show up to take your fridge with the bizarre fruit in it can still get in. if you have two fridges, they will take both of them. With the doors locked they can't get back outside, not even to confiscate the bizarre plants that the welcome committee puts there. They're trapped! When you leave your lot the secret agents disappear.
What was the mod again that kept them trapped if you left?
Oh, and maybe its a irreproducable glitch, but my sim was able to authenticate a skull while possessed by the mother plant.
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.