1 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#101 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 12:32 PM
To enable it put SimPE into Advanced Mode.
When SimPE is in advanced mode it will show the GUID on all memories in Neighbourhood Memory, that's not something I did so it should be the case in all versions.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#102 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 8:57 PM
Oh, thanks! This is great.
Alchemist
#103 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 9:56 PM
While setting up my new system, I found out that the Nvidia DDS utilities link doesn't work anymore. I found a working copy here.

https://archive.org/details/NVIDIA_DDS_Utilities_8.31
Scholar
#104 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 1:35 PM
Yes, I was surprized that the link did still work but that is probably only in IE because it is wrong, the wrong link in SimPE is http://developer.nvidia.com/object/...ture_tools.html, the correct link is https://developer.nvidia.com/legacy-texture-tools
Mad Poster
#105 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 3:09 PM
My antivirus picked up this from where I had downloaded SimPE recently. It's been quarantined, but thought I should let people know.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#106 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 4:10 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 27th Nov 2020 at 4:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
the correct link is https://developer.nvidia.com/legacy-texture-tools

This link still works fine - it does seem like some people have issues with the site or with the download button not showing, but I'm guessing that could be a browser issue of some sort. For me it shows and downloads fine on Firefox and Edge (both fairly recently updated).

Here's the "one step further" link if it can help:
https://developer.nvidia.com/gamewo...-utilities-8-31
(should be a green "DDS Utilities 8.31 (Windows)" link under DOWNLOADS in the "DDS Utilities" box at the top of the list)

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
My antivirus picked up this from where I had downloaded SimPE recently. It's been quarantined, but thought I should let people know.

The Windows antivirus keeps quarantining/flagging the EXE version of the Sims4Studio program (someone made a post over at the site), so there's been a small flareup of cases where antivirus/malware programs flag sim-related programs. If it's just a few cases cases it could be false positives, especially if it only happens to a few people and one particular program (so far the Windows Antivirus with Sims4Studio - but I tried downloading the same file and my AV didn't react - and your version of Malwarebytes with one case of SimPE). Difficult to know unless there are more cases, though.
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 9:45 PM
Oof, I've encountered another (language-related?) issue: my neighborhoods appear fine in game, but opening them in SimPE displays all sims as "Unknwon Inconnu" potatoheads. I've tried opening different hoods through both the Browser and their main package files, to no avail.

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.
Scholar
#108 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 12:01 PM
If their icons are all missing (potatoheads) then SimPE has either not found their character files or, more likely No Meta Informations has been set. Make sure Extra -> No Meta Informations is NOT ticked.
Test Subject
#109 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 6:55 AM
Wait, what happened to SimPE's 0.75.69 icons and installer from Sim File Share, like, were installer's files hacked or what? They were updated recently, like, a few hours ago; there is "Updated to The Sims 2 T*ts and A*se" in the installer, is it supposed to be like this?
Mad Poster
#110 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 6:22 AM
@Chris Hatch, what does it mean if "Fix Neighborhood Uids" appears in the Neighborhood submenu? This appeared recently, but I'm not sure what it means or what it does.
Scholar
#111 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 1:21 PM Last edited by Chris Hatch : 28th Dec 2020 at 12:02 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jaceu
Wait, what happened to SimPE's 0.75.69 icons and installer from Sim File Share, like, were installer's files hacked or what? They were updated recently, like, a few hours ago; there is "Updated to The Sims 2 T*ts and A*se" in the installer, is it supposed to be like this?

Yes it is supposed to be like that, if you don't use T&A then you should be using SimPE 0.75.68. They are both created/uploaded at the same time but 0.75.68 does not support and never mentions T&A.

Edit: I have changed the file names and versioning to be clearer, see Post 25

Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
@Chris Hatch, what does it mean if "Fix Neighborhood Uids" appears in the Neighborhood submenu? This appeared recently, but I'm not sure what it means or what it does.

It's an out-dated option, best not to use it. Fixing neighbourhood Uids will ensure neighbourhoods and sub-hoods use unique ids but the game will do that when you open a 'hood anyway. The game updates the story telling to the new id if required but SimPE won't and breaks the story for any 'hood that it changes.
Mad Poster
#112 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 9:31 PM
Question for Chris: would it be possible to make SimPE deal properly with sims with split character files? Currently it can only locate one of the split files, and thus usually reports the sim as missing their character file when in fact all of the data is there, it's just in a second file. This causes people to assume that split character files cause corruption, because SimPE reports that there is a problem, when the game can handle them just fine and there is no problem with them as far as anyone has been able to determine.
Scholar
#113 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 2:29 PM
I took a look and when in Neighbourhood Browser, when parsing the character files SimPE will load any file that contains an Object Data so it doesn't matter how the file is split it's the part with the Object Data that gets used. That makes sense as it has to link it to the sim's data in the neighbourhood file by GUID.

Most times when an NPC template is overridden causing the split it is only a few op-codes, perhaps constants and a pie menu none of which will be a problem, it's only if the age data, object data and perhaps the catalogue description get separated that SimPE will be unable to properly handle the character file.

You are correct that the game has no problem with split character files (it makes them), a lot of people here incorrectly assume a lot of things cause corruption.
Mad Poster
#114 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 12:45 AM
There is at least one hack that causes every sim born in game to have a split character file, which is my witch idle anim hack - there's also a hobby idle BHAV that seems to be in all character files, and I suspect that if someone has overridden that for whatever reason it will cause similar things to happen. When you have a sim which is being saved to regularly with a split character file, the game gradually moves resources between the files, which often results in the Age Data and other critical information being moved out of the file where the OBJD is. Pretty much all of my playable sims other than newborn babies show up in SimPE as having no character data for this reason, and I've seen other people reporting the same thing who are presumably also using this hack.
Test Subject
#115 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 1:42 AM
Default SFS link for 0.75.68 is only for 0.75.69
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Yes it is supposed to be like that, if you don't use T&A then you should be using SimPE 0.75.68. They are both created/uploaded at the same time but 0.75.68 does not support and never mentions T&A.
Edit: I have changed the file names and versioning to be clearer, see Post 25
It's an out-dated option, best not to use it. Fixing neighbourhood Uids will ensure neighbourhoods and sub-hoods use unique ids but the game will do that when you open a 'hood anyway. The game updates the story telling to the new id if required but SimPE won't and breaks the story for any 'hood that it changes.

Hi Chris, or Someone,

Updating my Sims stuff and the Sims File Share link (see above) for SimPE 0.75.68 leads only to the T&A version. Where oh where can I really find it pretty please? Many Thanks, Margie
Inventor
#116 Old 18th Mar 2021 at 8:56 PM
For the record, if you get an error message with "invalid database", you should make an exception for the exe installation file at your virus scanner.
Instructor
#117 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 1:40 PM
I'm having trouble opening SimPE but I can't figure out the source of the error:

Message: SimPE will shutdown due to an unhandled Exception. SimPE Version:
Default (0.75.1.31194).

Exception Stack:
System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement, Boolean validateImageData)
at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream)
at Ambertation.Renderer.GlossyRenderer..ctor()
at SimPe.ThemeManager..ctor(GuiTheme t)
at SimPe.ThemeManager.get_Global()
at SimPe.Windows.Forms.ResourceTreeViewExt..ctor()
at SimPe.MainForm.InitializeComponent()
at SimPe.MainForm..ctor()
at SimPe.MainForm.Main(String[] args)
Test Subject
#118 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 11:25 PM
I downloaded the install and no-installs from post 25, T&A and non-T&A, but they are both for the T&A version. I am also having issues with 0.73.44 where I can't drag files into the window anymore, and dark spots.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#119 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 4:01 AM Last edited by Sims2Maven : 28th Apr 2021 at 4:48 AM.
The link on Page 1 has gone squirrelly and you can't get version 75.68 any longer - just the T&A and non-T&A versions of 75.69. I have to hope the non-T&A version plays nice with the Ultimate Collection w/o Hatch EPs...

UPDATE: It doesn't. Some of the Townie names have been BADLY and WEIRDLY rewritten - Jordan Browne as "Giuseppe" Browne, Zola Eastwood as "Domenica" Eastwood, Opal Haines as "Una" Haines, Twyla Corbett as "Elroy Hale"(!!! - still Female), Wilma Oates as "Jimmy Oak(!!!), etc.

The names are still correct in the old (75f) version.

I will not stand for a program that arbitrarily and high-handedly misnames my Sims!!!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#120 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 10:49 AM
The versions were renumbered:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....832#post5568832
Confused me for ages! So 75_68 is now 75_69.
Forum Resident
#121 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
75_68 is now 75_69

Maybe somebody needs to update the chart at the top of this thread? (I also suspect that the "69" numbering is an example of Chris Hatch's sense of humor.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#122 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 3:13 PM
Well, the original poster has not been active for some time, perhaps @HugeLunatic could edit the post or appoint someone to do it.
Forum Resident
#123 Old 28th May 2021 at 8:59 PM
Checked this entire thread to see if it included any cautions about not putting SimPE in your The Sims 2(TM) folder. Not that I could find.

It definitely should not be there. Anywhere else is fine, including right under the EA Games folder.
Test Subject
#124 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 8:27 PM
Okay, if I'm understanding all of this correctly, there is no longer a way to register at the main SimPE site and therefore registering the program on our systems? I used to create content for Sims 2 yearsssss ago, and I'm attempting to re-login to the site in order to access the GUID database. Finally getting back into playing/creating again, and I noticed that SimPE no longer reflected my Sims 2 handle that I used way back when. Does this mean I'll never be able to regain that login/those credentials and link SimPE on my desktop?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#125 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 9:08 PM
@thefaerie No, the site for SimPE is gone, and the database with it. There is still an attempt to keep track of things though- see this thread, and post there when you claim a block.
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=638392
Page 5 of 9