Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 10:10 PM
Default error "Packed File {0}"
Hello ,
My name is Brayan ( sorry my english is not very good ) and i can't open my world in CAW ... the error message says "Packed File {0}"
i don't understand , it's not a EA world ... when i'm trying to open it in S3PE the error message says " Error message:Expected magic tag 'DBPF'. Found 'X[r³'.

i don't have any backup files for my world , i'm stuck , it took me 5 months to create this world.

please , can you help me ?

https://www.4shared.com/rar/OJhf5af...lade_world.html

Thank you
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2020 at 9:22 PM
Hi Bryan, usually if a custom world shows that error it indicates some corruption, or that something has gone wrong during a save. You could try making a backup and importing packed file resources, but it's not guaranteed. Is this a world you are creating in CAW, or one that you have been playing in Sims 3?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 11:04 AM
hi Simsample and thank you for your reply .

it's actually Caw files ( i put the 4shared link in the first post ) , it's ".world " file and ".settings" file .

How can i create backup files ? i can't open my world in CAW or S3PE , so i can't get my world resources ,I just want my heightmap back .

Do you know another program that can extract the resource of a caw world file ?

Thank you
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 11:29 AM
By backup, I just meant to use a copy to test with, so that if it doesn't work you don't ruin your only copy!
Oh, I see- you can't open in S3PE either? I misunderstood! If you can't open in S3PE I don't think there's much you can do. Did CAW make a backup file for you? Look in the CAW userdata folder. I seem to recall it would autobackup, but I don't remember for sure- finding an old backup would be your only option if you can't open in S3PE.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 11:37 AM
no , there's no backup in my caw folder ... i only have the original world file .

Do you know another program who can open world file or extract the files ?

Thank you
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 8:25 PM
No, I'm afraid I don't, as I no longer play Sims 3 or have the game or CAW installed. Maybe others know of some and post here.
Alchemist
#7 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 9:14 AM Last edited by Sorceress Supreme : 10th Nov 2020 at 2:41 PM.
@Breehodge Is it possible for you upload your caw files to somewhere else than 4shared? If you can, then I could take a look if I can open them in caw or perhaps try to copy the world with S3PE. It's a long shot but worth a try.