Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 2:20 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Floating Objects (Showing Even Though They're On A Floor Above)
Hi guys,

I'm finishing up a build, and I have a few objects that are showing even when I am on a lower floor, leading to them floating. I've attached two pictures for reference; the floating statues are less of a big deal, as they're on the first floor above ground level, so you don't see them floating above the camera when on the ground floor (I took the first screenshot as I was going down to the ground floor, what you see only shows for like a second before the camera moves down). The tent, though, is a bigger deal since it's very obvious. The objects behave normally when I go into Edit Town and grab the object and press esc so it goes back... but that only works for one play session. Every time I go from the main menu, it floats again. As this build is for a lot in a world I'm working on, I can't really have this issue happening for people who download it. I tested it with a normal building (no shell), and you can see that even though I'm on the ground floor, the tent is still showing, so I guess it's not an issue specific to high rises. I'm using celtysims' Unlocked Permanent Tents for Residential and Community Lots so the tents appear in buy mode, but that's just a recategorizer, so I can't see that causing any issues.

Does anyone have any insight into this? I'm really hoping to still be able to use the tent as part of my museum exhibit, lol
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Nov 2020 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
the object footprint is set this way. nothing you can do about it unless you mod the object.

Ok, that sucks but it's basically what I was expecting. Thanks for your help