Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 3:58 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Question about deleting .ebc files
Hi all,

My game is bloated and the launcher crashes when i try to mass uninstall sims3pack content, so i'm strongly considering the nuclear option of deleting dccache .ebc files. Does anyone know, though, would this also delete installed custom lots and worlds?

Thanks.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 4:35 PM
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 4:36 PM Last edited by Alunn : 16th Nov 2020 at 5:06 PM.
DCCache .ebc files deal with store content while .dbc files deal with all third party content installed through the launcher. You can read more about the files and what they do here: https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/...er%20%26%20game.

Edit: Got ninja'd by Katy
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 4:38 PM
Thank you! I should clarify that I'd be deleting .dbc files, not .ebc.
Instructor
#5 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 3:27 AM
Loaded worlds go in the Installed worlds folder, and lots go in the library folder. However if there was CC in the lot sims 3 those go in the .dbc files. I always convert lots to package files as well as all cc to packages to avoid the launcher with those. Only thing I use the launcher for is worlds, store items I use download and install from the menu in game (not all the way in a game but once you get the game loaded and are at the pick a game to start, click the ... button and you can download and install all your purchased store items).
Field Researcher
#6 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 2:24 PM
CC worlds might not work if you delete .dbc files.