Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bitville (aka Vincent's Story): Neighborhood Recreation - No CC - Base Game Compatible *Update! (02/11/2024)*

by Hood Building Group Posted 2nd Oct 2015 at 4:36 PM - Updated 11th Feb 2024 at 2:07 PM by Hood Building Group

67 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 46 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 12:57 PM Last edited by Hood Building Group : 23rd Sep 2015 at 2:49 PM.
Default Cliffside Park - Community Lot
The beautiful three tiered park provides plenty of benches to enjoy the view down to the river. Try to catch a local MYSHUNO! tournament.
Note: In LS, there is a fountain on this lot, but there aren't any fountains in the base game. So you'll have to remove those two deco objects and place a fountain instead. Look at this post to see pictures. You don't have to do this in the subhood versions, as they already have a fountain on this lot.

Note: The bar won't spawn any bartender NPCs on its own. You can either replace the bars with NL bars or you can download this mod in order to fix this issue.

Cliffside Park
3x3 lot
§48,632
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 12:58 PM Last edited by Hood Building Group : 23rd Sep 2015 at 9:49 PM.
Default Don Calamari's - Community Lot
From the mountain tops to the river bed there is no finer dining in Bitville. Sometimes you can catch Don entertaining the guests, and if you are lucky, he might flounder into the kitchen.
Note: If you have Nightlife and/or Open For Business installed, this lot won't work as a restaurant because there's no restaurant stove and podium. So you have to place those objects yourself, in order to dine here. Click here to see the pictures of how it ought to look like.

Both of the subhood versions already have working restaurants. So you don't have to do this in the subhood versions.

Note: If you have University installed, the espresso bar won't spawn any barista NPCs. Because it's not a real espresso bar.
You have to replace that fake espresso bar with an actual espresso bar yourself. Click here to see the pictures of how it ought to look like.

Note: In LS, certain walls on this lot are actually half walls. Because half walls are not available in the base game, you have to change that yourself if you have EPs/SPs that have half walls.
Click here to see the pictures of the lots that have half walls in LS.

You don't have to do this if you're downloading the subhood versions; because those versions already have the half walls.

Note: If you have Open For Business installed, Don Calamari does not own this lot in the primary hood/downtown subhood version. You have to purchase this lot yourself. You don't have to do this in the shopping district version, as he already owns the lot in the shopping district version.

Don Calamari's
2x3 lot
§57,369
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 12:58 PM Last edited by Hood Building Group : 23rd Sep 2015 at 9:49 PM.
Default Gene's Pool - Community Lot
Nurture your DNA by taking a few laps in Gene's Pool. And when you are done, help your ribosomes out and get a little bite to eat.
Note: If you have Nightlife and/or Open For Business installed, this lot won't work as a restaurant because there's no restaurant stove and podium. So you have to place those objects yourself, in order to dine here. Click here to see the pictures of how it ought to look like.

Both of the subhood versions already have working restaurants. So you don't have to do this in the subhood versions.

Note: In LS, the pool does not look as it is now. But the base game does not allow such pool shapes. So you have to fix it yourself, if you're downloading the primary hood version. It's fixed in both of the subhood versions. Click here to see the picture of how the pool looks like in LS, so you can recreate it easily yourself.

Note: In LS, certain walls on this lot are actually half walls. Because half walls are not available in the base game, you have to change that yourself if you have EPs/SPs that have half walls.
Click here to see the pictures of the lots that have half walls in LS.

You don't have to do this if you're downloading the subhood versions; because those versions already have the half walls.

Gene's Pool
3x3 lot
§68,867
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 12:59 PM Last edited by Hood Building Group : 23rd Sep 2015 at 2:50 PM.
Default Hub Pub - Community Lot
The Hub Pub is the center of all the Hubbub in Bitville. Round up the gang and head to the oldest building in Bitville, dating back to 2003.
Note: If you have University installed, the espresso bar won't spawn any barista NPCs. Because it's not a real espresso bar.
You have to replace that fake espresso bar with an actual espresso bar yourself. Click here to see the pictures of the lot in LS.

Note: If you have University installed, the piano is actually a guitar in LS. The base game doesn't have guitars, so you have to replace the piano yourself.

Note: The bar won't spawn any bartender NPCs on its own. You can either replace the bars with NL bars or you can download this mod in order to fix this issue.

Hub Pub
3x2 lot
§51,654
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 1:00 PM Last edited by Hood Building Group : 23rd Sep 2015 at 9:50 PM.
Default Comparision Pictures: The Sims Life Stories Lots
In this post, you can see how the half walls look like in LS. So you can easily change certain walls on certain lots into half walls yourself using these pictures as a reference.
Again, if you're downloading the subhood versions, then you don't have to place the half walls. It's already done in the subhood versions because half walls are available in both; Nightlife and Open For Business.

And if you only have the base game or if you don't have any EPs that have half walls, then you don't have to do this, of course.

As for the individual EP objects, (e.g. pool tables, bowling lanes, etc.) look at each post of each lot for more information.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#31 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 4:53 PM
Oh wow! I'm so looking forward to this! I absolutely adored Four Corners, despite never playing Life Stories.. Excellent work!!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#32 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 6:40 PM
*squee*

I'm so downloading this! I remember being absolutely in love with Vincent's Story when I played Life Stories. :) Thank you for making this!
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#33 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 7:32 PM
A delightful new place to play! You breathe fresh life into this classic old game. I never got LS, but I do want to keep playing TS2.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#34 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 9:04 PM
sweeeeeeeeet
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 11:39 PM Last edited by Serapis : 3rd Oct 2015 at 12:16 AM.
Holy crap, I was just looking for a new neighborhood too. Good timing bruh
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#36 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 3:57 AM
I never played LS myself, but I agree with Cat, it's the perfect hood to add when the normal play gets dull. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#37 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 9:34 AM
This makes me so happy my cheeks hurt from smiling! Thank you so much for this. I love this neighborhood. The community lots were some of the best I've ever seen built for any Sims 2 game/EP.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#38 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 4:16 PM
Thank you so much!! Looking forward to playing this!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#39 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 4:48 PM
Squee!!!!
Mad Poster
#40 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 5:14 PM
Here you go @matt12366

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#41 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 8:37 PM
I love this map terrain! it just looks awesome. I prefer this story besides Riley's. Thank you a lot!!!!
Test Subject
#42 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Here you go @matt12366

Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 4:43 AM
Thank you for providing this neighborhood. I have the Sims LifeStories and played both Vincent's and Riley's story. I tried re-creating the neighborhoods in my TS2 game; however, I was not pleased with the results. I am very happy with your creation. Thank you to all the everyone who helped make this hood. LillyLeClaire
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 1:32 AM
I downloaded this wonderful neighborhood on my laptop that has been enhanced to be able to play Sims 2 very well. I don't have any CC at all for this game because I wanted to give it the best chance to run well. I have already followed several of your directions to make things work if you have the Ultimate collection as I do. I love it, the town, the characters, the lots. It is really wonderful. Some interesting relationships are developing but here's the rub - I do have many of the townies, some of the vacation characters, etc but not all. I also have all those annoying new families that come with each new expansion. Why is that? I was looking forward to not having them show up at the door or even be in my sim bin. I'm afraid it's too late to do anything about it now. But if there is something I would like to know. Oh and a huge thanks and large resounding cheer for this well thought out and executed neighborhood.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 3:39 PM
@sandya this type of question should have been in the general discussion and or support area instead of here.

To get rid of all those bin families you need to get clean and empty templates made by @Jawusa here at MTS http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=520751

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 11:33 PM
Default thanks for the information
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
@sandya this type of question should have been in the general discussion and or support area instead of here.

To get rid of all those bin families you need to get clean and empty templates made by @Jawusa here at MTS http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=520751

Not sure why this is incorrectly posted as it is feedback for you. I can't see where it says in the descriptions anything about having to have a specific template to remove the townies etc. Also I never ever seem to get any chance to post in the general discussion area. Not sure why this is but I have tried before. Thanks for your information as to how to make this hood work as described. Maybe it could have been in the description along with the other great information. Again, I am loving this creation of yours!
Test Subject
#47 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 10:03 PM
I have a question. If you are lazy (like me) and don't want to add in the half walls for the primary 'hood version, can you use the subhood versions?
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#48 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 5:57 PM
@chris091104 Lol! Of course, you don't have to add the half walls. Just add them if you want to have an exact copy of EA's original neighborhoods.
If you, however, want the half-walls, then I recommend getting the Shopping District version. Then, you won't have to add the half-walls.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#49 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 7:51 PM
Gene's Pool community lot had a few problems. The hot tub is turned wrong, and maybe the 2 columns by it are part of the problem. It DID make a funny picture: Sim standing tippy-toes on the edge between the pool and the hot tub, waving frantically. I moved her (special mod) and someone else did the same thing!
Also at the bar, there is a half wall that trapped people between a chair and the bar.
But I'm loving the play; Max (the old guy) is happily married to Naomi, and they have a baby. Sasha Aires was happy to marry rich Vincent (she gets to go shopping when ever she wants the slightest little thing). Kendra Blaise is raising pets for everyone and has not burned her house down (yet).Alexa works at Don's restaurant; she doesn't like him. I've never seen the interactions available in this kind of business; interesting!
Test Subject
#50 Old 25th May 2016 at 3:43 PM
Thank you I love it!

Rainbow
Page 2 of 3