Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Drop Out of High School and Get a Real Job

by telford Posted 22nd Jun 2016 at 12:40 AM - Updated 11th Nov 2017 at 11:50 PM by telford

244 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 196 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 10
Test Subject
#201 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 12:58 PM
"Any Jof for Teen" works well on my game (1.62.67) but :
1. The MC Command Center allways generate an error message (LastException.txt).
And yes, my tests clearly indicate it comes from the "Any Job for Teens" mod.
2. If you choose the career of the Seasons pack, your teen will not go to work (but is able to work at home)
Test Subject
#202 Old 3rd May 2020 at 7:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ptb521
2. If you choose the career of the Seasons pack, your teen will not go to work (but is able to work at home)

My teen garderner does go to work, and I haven't receive any MCCC's warning that possibly pinpoints to the mod.
Test Subject
#203 Old 5th May 2020 at 1:30 AM Last edited by groumier : 5th May 2020 at 5:44 PM.
Everything works great. Thanks wertyuio86 for your hard work on keeping this mod updated !
Test Subject
#204 Old 5th May 2020 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wertyuio86
My teen garderner does go to work, and I haven't receive any MCCC's warning that possibly pinpoints to the mod.

Ok I probably do something wrong. Not sure I was using the last version of each file. I do another test.
Test Subject
#205 Old 6th May 2020 at 10:00 AM

Ok, I have installed the last version of each file. Unfortunately the problem is still there.
Once the game is launched, an error message (LastException.txt) is generated by the MC Command Center (version 7.1.0).
It maybe comes from a conflict with another mod ?

At the moment, there is no other error message during the game. Just one at the beginning. Nothing else.

About the gardener career (Seasons pack) my teen sim does no go to work at 7:00 AM. So that problem remains as well.

The files I use are :
- Any Job For Teen City Living v3
- Any Job For Teen Get Famous v6
- Any Job For Teen Seasons v3
- Any Job For Teen Vanilla v4
- Any Job For Teen GTW v3
- Teen Can Quit Highschool
- Get Promoted And Better Student Resolution
- Test For Teen Has Career And Ask About Career
Test Subject
#206 Old 6th May 2020 at 10:49 PM Last edited by wertyuio86 : 7th May 2020 at 12:14 AM.
About the gardener career (Seasons pack) my teen sim does no go to work at 7:00 AM. So that problem remains as well.

what is the career level of your sim?
I specifically set my teen to level 3 gardener and he still went to work at 7am, after that alarm prompt.

Once the game is launched, an error message (LastException.txt) is generated by the MC Command Center (version 7.1.0).
It maybe comes from a conflict with another mod ?

Again I had no warning whatsover from the latest MCCC.
Are you sure you don't have any of the previous mods, in different naming scheme? Or are there other mods that modify gardener career tuning XML.
Test Subject
#207 Old 8th May 2020 at 10:12 PM
Again I had no warning whatsover from the latest MCCC.
Are you sure you don't have any of the previous mods, in different naming scheme?

I'm 99% sure I have no file of the previous mod. But ok I will check once again.

Or are there other mods that modify gardener career tuning XML.

No, I don't have that kind of mod. But who knows ? Anyway I will do some tests, would like to understand that bug.
Test Subject
#208 Old 9th May 2020 at 12:14 PM
> Wertyuio86

I did the following test.
- All mods are deleted
- I only kept 2 mods : "Any job for teen" and "MC Command Center 7.1.0"
- I start a new game

Result :
Once the game is launched, the MC Command Center generate an error message (LastException.txt).
My teen sim (botanist / gardener) refuse to go to work.

So it seems I can't use your great mod. Sorry.
Test Subject
#209 Old 9th May 2020 at 1:34 PM
So it seems I can't use your great mod. Sorry.

It's kind of continuation of the original modder's mod.

> Wertyuio86

I did the following test.
- All mods are deleted
- I only kept 2 mods : "Any job for teen" and "MC Command Center 7.1.0"
- I start a new game

Result :
Once the game is launched, the MC Command Center generate an error message (LastException.txt).
My teen sim (botanist / gardener) refuse to go to work.

I don't know if this will make any difference. But you could try deleting localthumbcache.package. see this Localthumbcache 101. Else you could test the mod on another sim.
Test Subject
#210 Old 16th May 2020 at 5:12 PM
I'm having the same problem, I have the latest patch for the game.
When it's time for my teen to get to work (military), he won't go. Clicking "go to work" doesn't do anything either. =(
Test Subject
#211 Old 20th May 2020 at 2:26 AM
Unfortunately, I'm also having the problem where my teens won't go to work using the latest version of this mod. The 'go to work' action pops up for a split second before vanishing/cancelling. I've ended up putting an older version by Emile20 (on page 8) back in and it seems to be working fine for me and teens can go to work. But that version doesn't including Island Living and University jobs, so my teens are having to miss out on those careers for now.
Test Subject
#212 Old 20th May 2020 at 8:41 PM
"teen can quit highschool" is enabled in my MCCC, and it was working fine even after I added teen can quit highschool mod (because MCCC allowed my sim to leave highschool when finding a new job but clicking "quit highschool" itself didn't work. It threw an empty popup). Not sure if that matters to the issue at hand.
Test Subject
#213 Old 29th May 2020 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by capricello
Unfortunately, I'm also having the problem where my teens won't go to work using the latest version of this mod. The 'go to work' action pops up for a split second before vanishing/cancelling. I've ended up putting an older version by Emile20 (on page 8) back in and it seems to be working fine for me and teens can go to work. But that version doesn't including Island Living and University jobs, so my teens are having to miss out on those careers for now.

Thanks! I decided to try the older version as well and I'm able to go to work with it
Test Subject
#214 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 1:19 AM
But that version doesn't including Island Living and University jobs, so my teens are having to miss out on those careers for now.

If you really want those jobs, you can do it yourself. It's really easy with Sims4Studio's extract tuning. Just add <E>Teen</E> to the particular segment in the respective career tuning XML
Test Subject
#215 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 6:59 AM
I've ended up putting an older version by Emile20 (on page 8) back in and it seems to be working fine for me and teens can go to work. But that version doesn't including Island Living and University jobs, so my teens are having to miss out on those careers for now.

Same result here.
The files (page 8, post #191) are ok with my game (version 1.62.67).
And no error message from the MC Command Center. Excellent ! Thank you !
And thank you for the help, Wertyuio86.
Field Researcher
#216 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 3:50 PM Last edited by emile20 : 10th Nov 2020 at 9:09 PM.
Updated all files here : will post the Eco Living Careers when sims4studio is updated:
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Any_Job_for_Teen_GetFamous FINAL.rar (24.7 KB, 759 downloads)
File Type: rar  Any_Job_for_Teen_IslandLiving FINAL.rar (56.5 KB, 613 downloads)
File Type: rar  Any_Job_for_Teen_GetToWork FINAL.rar (67.0 KB, 621 downloads)
File Type: rar  Any_Job_for_Teen_Seasons FINAL.rar (14.5 KB, 603 downloads)
File Type: rar  Any_Job_for_Teen_StrangerVille FINAL.rar (12.3 KB, 567 downloads)
File Type: rar  Any_Job_for_Teen_UniversityLife FINAL.rar (55.5 KB, 555 downloads)
File Type: rar  UniversityForTeens FINAL.rar (1.7 KB, 579 downloads)
File Type: rar  Any_Job_for_Teen_CityLiving FINAL.rar (79.4 KB, 650 downloads)
File Type: rar  Any_Job_for_Teen_Custom FINAL.rar (8.2 KB, 605 downloads)
File Type: rar  Any_Job_for_Teen_Freelancer FINAL.rar (42.5 KB, 676 downloads)
File Type: rar  Any_Job_for_Teen_vanilla FINAL.rar (288.3 KB, 722 downloads)
Test Subject
#217 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 5:01 AM Last edited by wertyuio86 : 15th Jun 2020 at 12:59 AM.
Thank you emile20! Edit: I think you missed the education career. And chemical analyzer interaction for scientist and doctor.
Test Subject
#218 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 7:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emile20
Updated all files here : will post the Eco Living Careers when sims4studio is updated:

Emile20, thank you for the new files.
But now NOBODY goes to work. Adult or teen, nobody.
And the LastException messages are back.
I do something wrong ?

My game version : 1.63.133
MC Command Center version : 7.2.2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#219 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 3:46 PM
is there away to do free lancer career while they are in high school?
Test Subject
#220 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 11:38 PM Last edited by wertyuio86 : 14th Jun 2020 at 11:50 PM.
Emile20, thank you for the new files.
But now NOBODY goes to work. Adult or teen, nobody.
And the LastException messages are back.
I do something wrong ?

My game version : 1.63.133
MC Command Center version : 7.2.2

Did you happen to store any related/previous packages in a subfolder? And clearing the thumbnail cache might help too.

Quote: Originally posted by Bri2020
is there away to do free lancer career while they are in high school?

I'm not sure, since high school is a career too albeit a slightly special category and the only careers which are designated to coexist with it is afterschool activities and a few part-time jobs, I think.

Here are the files that include education career and chemical analyzer.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Any_Job_for_Teen_UniversityLife FINAL.zip (23.6 KB, 247 downloads)
File Type: zip  Any_Job_for_Teen_GetToWork FINAL.zip (71.7 KB, 260 downloads)
Test Subject
#221 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 2:11 AM
hi. I can't download Child and Teen can Quit or Rejoin School (NEW: No Auto Enrollment) when I click on it it says This thread has been deleted by Triplis.
Test Subject
#222 Old 20th Jun 2020 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nikki1539
hi. I can't download Child and Teen can Quit or Rejoin School (NEW: No Auto Enrollment) when I click on it it says This thread has been deleted by Triplis.

Try mine
http://modthesims.info/download.php...=25#post5601116
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#223 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 6:55 PM
Thanks for the update. Everything is working great.
Test Subject
#224 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 2:08 AM
is this MOD working as of today? if no can someone direct me to one that's working please thank you
Test Subject
#225 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 5:15 AM
When will this mod be updated too eco lifestyle where teens are able too do the eco lifestyle careers?
Page 9 of 10