Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 8:44 PM Last edited by hf29032003 : 28th Mar 2018 at 7:23 PM.
Longest Save Ever Challenge - Can You Prevent Yourself From Getting Board
OK, this challenge idea does sound like a bit stupid but basically, this challenge is challenging yourself to break your own record, which is to play a save for the longest time. What I mean by this is how far you get into the save, which will be measured by the in-game clock, which can be checked by hovering over it.

This challenge does require:
  • A Lot Of Patience
  • Knowing How To Manage Your Save
  • Some Interest To Keep Playing

There aren't any rules than your not allowed to move any other town, during the save, but you're allowed to travel, but otherwise you are free to do what you want in your save.

To go along with this, I have made a scoring/achievement system for this challenge so you can reward yourself as you go along.

Achievements
Moved In - When You Move Into Your First House - 50 Points
First Relationship - When Your founding Sim meets their first ever sim - 50 Points
One I Can Call Friend - Your Sims' first Friend - 50 Points
One Good Friend - Your Sims' first Good Friend - 50 Points
To A Special Friend - Your Sims' first Best Friend - 50 Points
HIRED! - When Your Sim Finds A Job - 50 Points
Moving Right Up - When Your Founding Sim gets they're first ever promotion - 100 Points
Moving Up - When Your Sim Gets Promoted - 50 Points
Just One Day - You Finished Your First Day As A Sim - 10 Points
One Week - You Completed Your First Sim Week - 50 Points
Fortnite - You Accomplished Two Sim Weeks in Simland - 100 Points
A Month - You Past Four Weeks In Simland - 150 Points
10 Weeks - Your Family Has Been Able To Survive 10 Weeks Thanks To You - 500 Points
A Quarter - Played The Save For 25 Sim Weeks - 750 Points
A Sim Year - Congrats! You have been able to stand this save for 52 Sim Weeks - 1500 Points
You're Still There - Hopefully your head hasn't been wrecked by now as you have completed 100 Sim Weeks - 2500 Points
You're Quarter of the Way There - You're Still Holding on after 250 Sim Weeks - 5000 Points
Were Half Way There - You Seriously Have Patience after 500 Sim Weeks - 10000 Points
Many Generations Later - Ah, you may be complaining that your save takes forever to load but you have reached 750 Weeks - 50000 Points
You're Truly One In A Million - If Your the lucky few to survive to this point, You've Reached 1000 Sim Weeks - 100000
Every Other Week - Every Week You Complete, you can give yourselves 20 Points
Leaving A Legacy Behind - When one of your founding sims die - 500 Points
First Crush - First Time Romantically Interacting With A Sim - 10 Points
First Love - When Your Sim becomes a Romantic Interest with another sim for the first time - 100 Points
Hot n' Heavy - Your sims' First Kiss - 100 Points
Dating - When your sim has a boyfriend/girlfriend - 100 Points
Engaged - When Your Sims' Get Engaged - 150 Points
Eloped - When Your Sims' Get Married - 500 Points
Woooohooo! - When Your Sim Has Their First Woohoo! - 100 Points
Babies! - Whenever your female sim fails pregnant - 50 Points
The Joy Of A New Born - When your female sim has a baby - 500 Points
TWINS! - When your sim gives birth to twins - 1000 Points
TRIPLETS! - When your sim gives birth to triplets - 1500 Points
Quads - When your sim gives birth to quadruplets (If you have the Nrass Woohooer Mod Installed) 2000 Points
A Skill Point - If Your Sim gains a sim point - 10 Points
Master - If your sim masters a skill - 1000 Points
Skilled - If your sim masters three skills - 2500 Points
Master Of All Trades - If your sim masters 10 skills - 7500 Points
Middle Of The Cooperate Ladder - If your sim reaches level 5 of their career - 500 Points
On Top of The Cooperate Ladder - If your sim reaches level 10 of their career - 1000 Points
A Lifetime Dream - If your sim achieves their lifetime wish - 1500 points
Learning the basics - when your toddler masters walking, talking and potty training - 250 Points
Top Of The Class - When your sim gets on the honour roll in school - 250 Points
Child Prodigy - When Your Toddler / Child masters a skill appropriate to their age, i.e. a toddler mastering the xylophone, a child mastering the child baking skill, etc. - 250 Points
Being A Rebel - When your teen / rebellious sim does something considered rebellious - 20 Points
After Curfew - If Your child/teen sim stays out after curfew - -10 Points
Getting Caught - If your sim gets caught for doing a prank - -10 Points
Caught In The Act - If Your Sim Flirts with another sim in front of their partner - -50 Points
Adopting A Child - If your sim adopts a child, toddler or baby - 250 Points
Adopting A Pet - If your sim adopts a pet - 250 points
Offspring - If your Sims' pet gives birth to offspring, i.e. dogs giving birth to puppies. - 250 Points
Early Death - If your sim dies of any type of death except old age. - -250 Points
Bonjour - If your sim travels to Champs Les Sims for the first time - 50 Points
Ni HÇŽo - If your sim travels to Shang Simla for the first time - 50 Points
Marhabaan - If your sim travels to Al Simhara for the first time - 50 Points
Famous - If your sim becomes a celebrity - 50 points
I'm On Top Of Hollywood - If your sim becomes a 5-star celebrity - 500 points
I'm Rich - if your sim has a net worth of over $100,000 - 500 points
I'm a Millionaire - If your sim has a net worth over $1,000,000 - 2000 points
I'm Rich As The Town - If your sim has a net worth over $10,000,000 - 5000 points
I'm on Top Of The World - If your sim has a net worth over $50,000,000 - 10000 points
A Bus full of Children - If your sim has 10 children - 2500 points
Motherlode - If your sim has 50 children - 7500 points
100 Babies - If your sim has 100 children - 12500 points
A half legacy - if your family has 5 generations - 7500 points
A legacy - If your family has 10 generations - 15000 points
More than a legacy - if your family has 50 generations - 40000 points
The 100 - If your family has 100 generations - 80000 points
A Diploma - If your sim gets a degree in university - 2500 points
Educated - If your sim completes all degrees at university - 7500 points
Top Quality Resort - If your sims' resort becomes a 5-star resort - 2500 points
To The Future - If your sim travels to the future - 500 points
To The Future & Back - If your sim unlocks all three future worlds - 2500 points

That is all the point rewards that are involved in v1 of this challenge. I will be updating this once in a while, adding new achievements to the challenge, you can achieve.

Anyway, I hope you like the idea of this challenge and let me know about your progress so far, as I will be updating my progress once in a while. Anyway, enjoy and happy simming!

Sims is a game I have cherished ever since I was young. Enjoy it, it's just a game!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 7:54 PM
Heres my current update on how I am doing. I am currently in week 12 of the save, with my sim just getting married recently, by the way, It is weirdly enough Ira Losco, I do love her music. She has one child, which she had through IVF when she wasn't in a relationship, called Ciro. He is currently a teenager and has an A in high school. As well as that, Ira has been able to make a living from writing books, a series called LIFE which is about lifestyle. Oddly enough, I choose the Sports Genre for them as you can make a lot of money out 120 page. She has earned over $1,500,000 from writing books, which is crazy in my opinion. Speaking of money, she also owns a resort in the middle of town, which she has been able to turn into a top quality resort. As well, recently, she moved into a new house, which a built for her by me, which is to suit her new lifestyle of being pampered while still making a living out of her writing career. [IMG]Here's a pic of the outside.[/IMG]

Anyway, I oddly enough don't use the point system but I created because for people who want to make the challenge more rewarding for them.

That's all I have to update about at this point. let me know how you're doing?

Sims is a game I have cherished ever since I was young. Enjoy it, it's just a game!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 6:03 AM
I am going to make AN ATTEMPT, I don't expect myself making it to the 1000 week mark, but even 1/4 of that would be such an accomplishment. I'll see if I can keep you updated on my progress! :D
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 6:51 AM
Is it okay if I enter a save that predates this challenge?
If so, here's my progress for my Bridgeport save, since August 20somethingth, 2014.

Moved In - When You Move Into Your First House - 50 Points
One I Can Call Friend - Your Sims' first Friend - 50 Points
One Good Friend - Your Sims' first Good Friend - 50 Points
To A Special Friend - Your Sims' first Best Friend - 50 Points
HIRED! - When Your Sim Finds A Job - 50 Points
Moving Up - When Your Sim Gets Promoted - 50 Points
Just One Day - You Finished Your First Day As A Sim - 10 Points
One Week - You Completed Your First Sim Week - 50 Points
Fortnite - You Accomplished Two Sim Weeks in Simland - 100 Points
A Month - You Past Four Weeks In Simland - 150 Points
10 Weeks - Your Family Has Been Able To Survive 10 Weeks Thanks To You - 500 Points
Every Other Week - Every Week You Complete, you can give yourselves 20 Points
First Crush - First Time Romantically Interacting With A Sim - 10 Points
Dating - When your sim has a boyfriend/girlfriend - 100 Points
Engaged - When Your Sims' Get Engaged - 150 Points
Eloped - When Your Sims' Get Married - 500 Points
A Skill Point - If Your Sim gains a sim point - 10 Points
Master - If your sim masters a skill - 1000 Points
Skilled - If your sim masters three skills - 2500 Points
Master Of All Trades - If your sim masters 10 skills - 7500 Points
Middle Of The Cooperate Ladder - If your sim reaches level 5 of their career - 500 Points
On Top of The Cooperate Ladder - If your sim reaches level 10 of their career - 1000 Points
Being A Rebel - When your teen / rebellious sim does something considered rebellious - 20 Points
Caught In The Act - If Your Sim Flirts with another sim in front of their partner - -50 Points
Adopting A Pet - If your sim adopts a pet - 250 points
Bonjour - If your sim travels to Champs Les Sims for the first time - 50 Points
Ni HÇŽo - If your sim travels to Shang Simla for the first time - 50 Points
Marhabaan - If your sim travels to Al Simhara for the first time - 50 Points
Famous - If your sim becomes a celebrity - 50 points
I'm On Top Of Hollywood - If your sim becomes a 5-star celebrity - 500 points
I'm Rich - if your sim has a net worth of over $100,000 - 500 points
I'm a Millionaire - If your sim has a net worth over $1,000,000 - 2000 points
A Diploma - If your sim gets a degree in university - 2500 points
To The Future - If your sim travels to the future - 500 points

Total score so far: 20920

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#5 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 10:43 PM
This sounds like fun though I would have to start in an empty custom world and populate it myself as well as playing the entire town to make the save last for 100 generations or longer.Logan looks like a great canidate for this as it's already being set up for a new game and is almost ready to go live once I get city hall fully furnished and have a junkyard added.I'll be playing my town TS2 rotationally and playing heavily Modded.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
This sounds like fun though I would have to start in an empty custom world and populate it myself as well as playing the entire town to make the save last for 100 generations or longer.Logan looks like a great canidate for this as it's already being set up for a new game and is almost ready to go live once I get city hall fully furnished and have a junkyard added.I'll be playing my town TS2 rotationally and playing heavily Modded.

ooh... I'd like to see that when you start it :o
Mad Poster
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 4:40 AM
It was delayed by making some new CC with S3OC to reprice the clones of EA objects.I did get some things finshed in Logan though I still have to fix settings in my 100 baby challenge and exort them to use for Logan.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
It was delayed by making some new CC with S3OC to reprice the clones of EA objects.I did get some things finshed in Logan though I still have to fix settings in my 100 baby challenge and exort them to use for Logan.

Cool cool, I just got my sim moved in, but I want to take a short break from sims cause I'm getting bored by the whole thing & I want to enjoy it... So I'll officially start this challenge on April 9th or so...
Field Researcher
#9 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 9:48 AM
I just started a new save, I'm already a few days far and I collected quite some points already. This poiny system is indeed an interesting way to give some motivation!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 1st Jun 2020 at 9:06 AM Last edited by LoveViolet : 1st Jun 2020 at 2:13 PM.
So in my largest family, i'm only on week 6 and I'm on generation 6
*Edit: I'm on generation 7 now, but I'm still only on week 6 in game
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 7:56 PM
Just wondering if this challenge is still running? I've always been interested in a challenge but could never find one that fit my playstyle....I'm almost finished "rebuilding" Twinbrook to begin my legacy game...but my legacy has my own parameters and the legacy challenges wouldn't work. If so, I'd be very interested in trying! One question...I changed the lifespan to epic....does that matter??
Test Subject
#12 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Total score so far: 20920

wow! that's incredible. iirc, the longest save i ever had was for a single year.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 5:57 PM
I'm having fun with this challenge. Thanks for resurrecting the idea.

My current game is a slightly modified plain Legacy. ("Slightly modified" in that the founder has a secret and will be hanging around to monitor and support his descendants.) The current heir and his wife just began their first pregnancy, to bring in the 4th generation. We're in the 16th week. Have 25,650 points. I don't see myself getting bored anytime soon.
Test Subject
#14 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 10:34 PM
Can I move worlds if I have a mod that makes it so that the family tree doesn't reset, or is not being able to move part of the challenge?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 5th Nov 2020 at 7:11 PM
Ok so, I'm not going to try to dedicate a family just for this challenge, but I already have a family I've been playing for about 2 years, probably closer to 3. I'm at generation 8 with this family and unfortunately I didn't note down what week they were at before I "moved" them to a new town because the other town was really glitching my family out (don't worry I used a mod where I can keep the family tree). So I'm just going to reset the week thing and this time note it down. I'm getting prepared to begin generation 9, but for now the heir is a child.

And yes, it's the same family that I was at generation 7 with.