Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#201 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 1:33 AM
So, I started a new game with the IP version, and I've already been robbed twice! Luckily, my sim can call the police quickly enough to get my stuff back. One time he took the ladder, and they were climbing up nothing to get out!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#202 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 4:33 PM
I started this challenge as well! It's more story based for me and went with random choice at beginning, when in CAS, so sim ended being a male werewolf (curse you dice rolls XD)
Either way, you can follow my progress here: http://fairytalesimworld.tumblr.com...t-Sun-Challenge Currently have updated just my sims's second day adventures. Need to finish choosig SS's and write the journal for rest (instead of playing the game =w='' ) Either way - Enjoy! (and excuse me my mistakes - not a native English speaker.)
Test Subject
#203 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EvelynWn
I'm curious... why is it against the rules to marry mermaids? It seems more realistic than a beached sim managing to travel to china and being willing to travel back...

I have to agree, I had my 1st gen marry a mermaid
2nd generation married/had children with a imaginary friends.
3rd generation will marry a plantsim
Test Subject
#204 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 11:14 PM
This seems cool!
Test Subject
#205 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 11:44 AM
I love this challenge! Good idea. I am totally going to do this
Forum Resident
#206 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 8:59 PM
Does anyone have an excuse for where she gets the wood (there's only one tree), metals, etc. to make the house/shed, tent, fridge, etc. and other items? I really want to make it like a story a bit, and I'm pretty sure that you can't fit unlimited wood in a broken lifeboat. Thank you!!

P.S. I didn't like the University version, so I went out and got World Adventures and Island Paradise just for this challenge.
Test Subject
#207 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 1:32 AM
How do i mostly earn money Besides Fishing
Test Subject
#208 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 10:04 PM
Where does the world go in?
Test Subject
#209 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AwkCough
ok, so currently, i'm playing this challange. c: it's fantastic, and hard, ect, but.. i can't send my children to boarding school. i have 5 children, because she had 2 sets of twins and one single birth, and i'd like to send them to get an education.. uhm, how could i do that?

to be more specific, i'll enroll them in school, but nothing/no one ever shows up to take them to the school.

You can get the home schooling mod
Lab Assistant
#210 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 7:11 PM
I'm combining this with the PGC

I had her marry a paparazzi aka another ship wrecked sim
Test Subject
#211 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 5:14 PM
My first attempt was in Isla Paradiso, but the lag got too much. And by the time my founder became an elder the Family was very comfortable, so what to do if you're no longer struggling for Money?

My second attempt was on Ink. I tried to make it harder for my guy - has anyone started with no Money, no Possessions, no walls, in summer? I couldn't do it. I succeeded with giving him only a sleeping bag and starting in autumn. That Family got lost when the save wasn't loading after a re-install.

Now third time might be the charm, and I'm thinking of combining MS with Perfect Genetics. But what would one do if there were two parents and six Kids and still no heir? You can't remarry, you can't kick out the Kids. Maybe Keep the founder Young until his wife and Kids have died and try again? Any thoughts, guys?
Field Researcher
#212 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 10:50 PM Last edited by mflaha55 : 18th Mar 2015 at 12:19 AM.
First, I'd like to thank you, Gurra09, for creating Isle of the Midnight Sun (IMS) in all its versions, as well as this challenge! I stumbled upon IMS while scrolling through the TS3 mods on Simlogical and checking out the lots. At first I thought, "Who would want a tiny little world like this?" Then I noticed it was part of a challenge. As I have never played a Sims challenge, I thought I'd give this one a try, especially after reading through this thread. While I downloaded both version 2 and 3, I'm playing the challenge with version 2 (the non-Island Paradise one). I normally play with a 255 day life span, so paring it down to 90 days is going to make this more challenging. I disabled all seasons except summer (it IS a tropical island, after all!) and also disabled snow, but kept rain, fog and hail. I unchecked all the boxes under Population Control and opted out of the Celebrity system. Although I have Twallan's Story Progression installed, I'm using the standard EA one instead.

I started with a sim who was originally a townie (his name is Jon Lessen) in Riverview (he was a member of my main sim's band, so I had already prettied him up and saved him). I did cheat abit by giving him a few basic skills through Twallan's Master Controller. I always feel that a YA would have developed SOME skills earlier in life! I placed Jon on the island and gave him a few essentials (toilet, tub, tent sleeping bag, etc.). I was planning on sending him to Shang Simla to find a spouse, but suddenly, the island was bombed with tourists. I thought, what the hey, why not see if Jon could romance one of the lady tourists. He does have the irresistible trait after all. The problem with that idea was, as Jon was in the process of chatting them up, they'd pop back home. As if the tourists weren't enough of a problem, the animals started appearing. I really needed Twallen's Register mod, but was initially stumped as to how to get the City Hall rabbithole on the island. So, I was frantically deleting tourists and animals (I was considering using Desecrate's pistol mod, but then thought that I didn't want an island full of ghosts!). While I was deliberating what to do, night fell on the island. Jon was so distraught over the screaming tourists stuck on the edge of his island, he began drinking the Hobo Hootch (Zedreal/simsmx's Hobo Booze Bottle mod also available on Simlogical) he found in a crate that washed up on shore. Suddenly, there was a beautiful woman beside him. Was she Venus rising from the sea, or an hallucination from the Hobo Hooch haze? None of the above. She was Gladys Snider, Paparazzi. Was Gladys the One? .....

As you can see, I'm enjoying myself immensely! There's more to the story (like Jon's trip to Lucky Palms - What happens in Lucky Palms doesn't necessarily stay in Lucky Palms!), but I won't bore you with it. I will, however, share some screenshots.

Great Challenge!

Edit 3/11/2015: Just had to give you an update. It involves what I consider a rather amusing occurance. It was the night of the first full moon on the isle, and true-to-form, several zombies appeared (I deleted the first, but let the second one go). Since there's not much room on the isle, the zombie wandered around one corner of it. The next time I looked, he was sitting on the ground working his laptop. I continued play, and when I looked again, the zombie was gone but had left his laptop. Gladys, ever resourceful, snagged it. And she's not even a kleptomaniac! The zombie is apparently a townie named Nick Roman (I keep receiving periodic updates of his advancing Acrobat career). One evening, there was a ruckus outside. It was Nick. He has begun popping in on the island unannounced. Since he shows up in the area where the tourists had first appeared, he throws a route failure - then he throws a fit. Sounds as though he's cussing a blue streak! Then, just as suddenly as he appeared, he disappears - until the next time. I've added a few screenshots of Nick's "visit."
Test Subject
#213 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 12:25 AM
I have decided to start this challenge but I don't think traveling is very realistic so I have deiced to make my Sims marry the mermaids as much as they can and if I find no mermaids then they will travel. Because If you are stuck on an island in the middle of no wear, how are you going to go get on a plane and got to France? But having my Sims meet a mermaid who lives somewhere under the water seems much more realistic. That's just my opinion though.
Test Subject
#214 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 12:27 AM
How to make moeny
Quote: Originally posted by SimmerModeActive
How do i mostly earn money Besides Fishing
You can have your Sims paint/write if you can afford a computer/easel. :D
Forum Resident
#215 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 6:55 PM
Which world is this better to play on? IP or Base Game?
Field Researcher
#216 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 8:27 PM
This is one of my favorite challenges that I play. The perfect world to play on is any island type world, without roads.
Instructor
#217 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425
Which world is this better to play on? IP or Base Game?

The IP version of the world, I feel, gives you a bit more room seeing as it uses a houseboat. Plus there are treasure chest at the dive spots to give you a lot of money (and a rather fishy option for a spouse).
I played both and enjoy both but if I want a more casual challenge, I use the IP version or another custom island.
Test Subject
#218 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 1:54 PM
can we have pets?
Test Subject
#219 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 2:23 PM
I am confused. How do I keep sims from spawning on my lot? (Not just sims also animals)
I just need that so I can start playing. :D
Forum Resident
#220 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 10:44 PM
How can you garden on the IP version if you don't own the grass/land part of it?
Instructor
#221 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 5:49 PM
If you have SPN or ITF, there are planters and rugs.
Test Subject
#222 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 11:05 PM
I know its forbidden, but if you only have island paradise can you interact with mermaids to get your partner?
Test Subject
#223 Old 13th May 2015 at 1:10 AM
Nice challenge.. except it's very difficult in the beginning to make a lot of money as when the social needs bar is extremely low it becomes impossible for your sim to do anything apart from eat and crap!
Test Subject
#224 Old 28th May 2015 at 2:03 AM
Default v.3 Isn't working for me
when I loaded the map the houseboat wasnt in the dock and wasn't loaded, also there were no snorkeling area's, plz help.
Lab Assistant
#225 Old 29th May 2015 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sarahmonk
when I loaded the map the houseboat wasnt in the dock and wasn't loaded, also there were no snorkeling area's, plz help.

Do you have Island Paradise installed?
Page 9 of 14