Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pets and Children share Bed

by MogHughson Posted 16th Jun 2010 at 6:03 PM - Updated 20th Jun 2010 at 7:59 PM by MogHughson : Version 2 - avoids clash with SmartBeds (second attempt at upload!)

106 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 74 Feedback Posts, 31 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Alchemist
#26 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 7:37 AM
Excellent idea! As another user of Smartbeds, I'll be checking back for the answer to that query.
Test Subject
#27 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 9:55 AM
oh my god, that's so cute! i love you
Mad Poster
#28 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 12:49 PM
This is awesome, thank you! :-) The third screenshot is possibly the cutest thing ever! :-D Makes me miss my dog, though :-(
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 6:10 PM
Mog, you do such good work! Thank you.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 7:55 PM
I just yelled out loud "I LOVE IT!" Good thing I was alone in the house. Bad thing I had the window open. So what if the neighbors heard me? I have the cutest little mod in my game now thanks to you :D
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 9:39 PM
This is absolutely adorable! Thank you so much!
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 11:23 PM
OK - New version to avoid clash with SmartBeds. Was simplest to rework this one than to try to merge them. I have tested with SmartBeds too and still seems to function fine, however I am not an expert in playing with SmartBeds so those of you that do have SmartBeds, if you see anything now working differently that you don't expect, do let me know.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Scholar
#33 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 1:29 AM Last edited by Clashfan : 18th Jun 2010 at 2:13 PM.
Thank you so much for making that update! You rock! Putting in now and will post if I find any issues with smartbeds. Thanks again for all your great stuff.

Edit: in game and see no issues with the smartbeds functions. Thanks again!
Instructor
#34 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 1:52 AM
Aha! So needed. Thank you Mog. Woohoo!
Test Subject
#35 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 2:58 AM
omg thank you!! Was really hoping someone would make a mod for this ^^
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 3:20 AM
Sausesome.

Necromancy is Good
Test Subject
#37 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 4:17 AM
Thank you!
Instructor
#38 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 9:49 AM
This is awesome, thank you.
What about teens and older - does it look very wierd, is that why it's not allowed? I mean pets don't usually mind sleeping ON us
Alchemist
#39 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 9:57 AM
Excellent, thanks for checking the Smartbeds issue.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gwenke33
What about teens and older - does it look very wierd, is that why it's not allowed? I mean pets don't usually mind sleeping ON us
Longer people (Teens and older) create a bump in the bed covers further down the bed than the child does so there is an overlap with where the pets would go - just looks weird.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 3:51 PM
Another of your great mods that really adds something to the game. I love the Pets EP, and this just adds to that feeling for me. Especially nice for households with a big litter or multiple adult pets. I hate having a bajillion pet baskets all over the place since they can't snuggle in the same one--surely with a high relationship, some of those pets would want to be sleeping near their favorite person!
Test Subject
#42 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 5:32 PM
Thank Youuuuuu
Field Researcher
#43 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 5:45 PM
Thank you so very much!
transmogrified
retired moderator
#44 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 10:39 PM
After installing this mod (original version), my Sims have the "sleep" interaction on all beds, whether or not they are tired. I don't mind this behavior, but I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing it?
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
After installing this mod (original version), my Sims have the "sleep" interaction on all beds, whether or not they are tired. I don't mind this behavior, but I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing it?
That's interesting - I don't see that on mine - can you try with the new verion as it has removed the change in "Interation - Sleep - User Directed - TEST" which would have been the only thing that could have caused it as far as I know. Also, there may have been a clash with something else with the original which could have meant you have half of another mod too. New version hits less BHAVs and hopefully is much less likely to cause a clash.

transmogrified
retired moderator
#46 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 3:10 AM Last edited by mangaroo : 20th Jun 2010 at 3:31 AM.
I redownloaded, and I was incorrect in my original comment: it turns out I was playing the latest version (same timestamp on the .package file). So the situation persists, obviously.

I decided to check to see if this was a hack conflict, so I dropped your mod in a test game with no other cc except CEP and some furniture recolors, and Sims still get the "sleep in pajamas/underwear" options on all beds when their energy bars are fully green. (Will edit when I have a chance to test in a completely clean game.)

Edited: tested in a completely clean game. Still getting the "sleep" interaction when no one is sleepy. Since there must be something different between our configurations: I have Double Deluxe, all EPs and SPs, and play on Windows XP.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 8:02 PM
Ok - got to the bottom of this - Version 1 did have this problem (as suspected in retrospect), but Version 2 definitely does not. When I uploaded the new version for some reason (likely me doing something dumb) it didn't take. What is now there is definitely version 2 and does not have this issue. Mangaroo - can you try again and confirm for me?

Lab Assistant
#48 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
I have wanted this mod for the longest time, many thanks. <3

Mee, too!!! This is great!!! A million thanks!!!

Please, pay attention to my creator`s policy.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(> <)
This is Jack, the little rabbit; add him to your signature and help him to take over the world!!!
Test Subject
#49 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 3:07 PM
this is a nice mod thanx :D:D:D
Test Subject
#50 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 5:25 PM
Thanks so much for this! <3
Page 2 of 5