Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[Updated 9/2020] Ministry of Magic Career

by Caelinaarria Posted 14th Jan 2019 at 4:01 PM - Updated 3rd Sep 2020 at 9:21 PM by Caelinaarria

71 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts, 29 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 20th Jun 2020 at 5:47 PM
This looks fun and all the paths mean great, for lack of a better word, replayability. Kudos!
Test Subject
#52 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 2:48 AM
Default Not going to work
Quote: Originally posted by coralinesothermother
I downloaded this and I was able to click on the Ministry of Magic career under 'Find a Job,' but when it's time for my sims to go to work, they don't. I click the 'Go to Work' button and they still don't go. Does anyone else have this issue?

I'm having the same issue. It might need modification or something. I'm not techy so not clue.
Test Subject
#53 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 2:53 AM
I wonder if it's possible to create a Quidditch career path, along the same lines as the athlete one but not replacing it.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gypsyjoe
I'm having the same issue. It might need modification or something. I'm not techy so not clue.

This just needs to be updated to be compatible with ver 1.63.136.1010. Let's give the creator some time to update it... I'm waiting also!
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 11:49 AM
It's a shame that careers are linked to the creator's account so that only they can update it. It would be nice if the tool had an open section where abandoned careers could be places so that others could update them.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 31st Aug 2020 at 7:33 AM
By the gods, I hope this magic career gets updated... This is the only fun, cool, highly-detailed magic career that I've seen. But of course, it is not updated. I'm crossing fingers this gets updated~!!!

"Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters." - Neil Gaiman

Test Subject
Original Poster
#57 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 8:52 PM
Y'alls, thank you all so much for your support and patience. I finally got to update this career. It works in my game (as of September 2020), but please do comment, if it doesn't for you and I'll try to fix it.
I also have the following careers in my game, but did not yet come around to upload them here, because it's such a hassle.
-Order of the Phoenix Career
-Death Eater Career
-Healer Career (St Mungos)

If you are interested in those, let me know.

Sincerely, Caelinaarria
Test Subject
#58 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 5:37 AM
YES PLEASE!!
Quote: Originally posted by Caelinaarria
Y'alls, thank you all so much for your support and patience. I finally got to update this career. It works in my game (as of September 2020), but please do comment, if it doesn't for you and I'll try to fix it.
I also have the following careers in my game, but did not yet come around to upload them here, because it's such a hassle.
-Order of the Phoenix Career
-Death Eater Career
-Healer Career (St Mungos)

If you are interested in those, let me know.

Sincerely, Caelinaarria
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gypsyjoe
I wonder if it's possible to create a Quidditch career path, along the same lines as the athlete one but not replacing it.

Hey, I found this: https://ilkavelle.wixsite.com/simsq...ch-career-event

I haven't tried it out yet though
Test Subject
#60 Old 18th Sep 2020 at 12:24 PM
Default MoM - 1.66.139.1020 - still not going to work - with troubleshoot
Dear Caelinaarria,

I have tried the updated version (sep 2020) of the MoM career with 1.66.139.1020 but the issue still exists. Sims do not receive an info that work will start in one hour and when it should be time to work they still don't go although you click on the button "Go to work". I have tried:
- 2 different Sims to make sure that the error happens again and it does
- resetting the Sims (both) did not help
- changed into/cleaned career outfit before it's time to work
- visited other lots and stayed untill it's time to work but still - not going to work
- traveled to rabbit holes to be sure that there is no "open rabbit hole issue"
- started a new game - gave new Sim MoM career. He got fired after a while because he did not go to work although he would really like to become an Auror.

I love this carrer. If it's possible for you to check one one time you would really make me smile.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 12:05 AM
I would love those extra careers when/if available.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#62 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 8:57 PM
I'm loving this! My sim has risen to Quidditch League official, and she swears she's not pulling strings on behalf of her wife, who is in the Quidditch career I linked last week...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#63 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Perplexum
Dear Caelinaarria,

I have tried the updated version (sep 2020) of the MoM career with 1.66.139.1020 but the issue still exists. Sims do not receive an info that work will start in one hour and when it should be time to work they still don't go although you click on the button "Go to work". I have tried:
- 2 different Sims to make sure that the error happens again and it does
- resetting the Sims (both) did not help
- changed into/cleaned career outfit before it's time to work
- visited other lots and stayed untill it's time to work but still - not going to work
- traveled to rabbit holes to be sure that there is no "open rabbit hole issue"
- started a new game - gave new Sim MoM career. He got fired after a while because he did not go to work although he would really like to become an Auror.

I love this carrer. If it's possible for you to check one one time you would really make me smile.

Dear,
thank you for your notice. Do you happen to have any Mods from Zerbu installed? Those were conflicting with other careers when I tried a while back. After I deleted those broken mods, the sims not going to work was no longer an issue. I hope this helps, because the careers still work in my game and I wouldn't know how to fix the issue otherwise :-/

Have a great day,
Caelinaarria
Test Subject
#64 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 9:43 AM
hi! here is a Chinese translation for this mod
https://simfileshare.net/download/2070783/
i enjoyed this career sooooo much. it adds so much flare in my spellcaster gameplay!
thx for all your work. tho there might be a minor issue about this carreer. when playing in another language setting, all the titles and descriptions just go blank. that's why i started the translation in the first place
anywho, i hope i don't come across as rude becuase english is not my mother tongue. i think it's very brilliant of you to do all this hard work by yourself. enjoy modding!
Test Subject
#65 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 5:29 PM
Default MoM mod is working fine with 1.66.139.1020 after removing Zerbus Go to school!
Dear Caelinaarria,

first I beg your pardon for the delayed answer but I wanted to test it first. You are a genius. Indeed I had Zerbu's Mod Go to school installed. After the removal of the old Zerbu mod the ministry career is working fine. I can confirm your mod is working without any issues and I really love it! Thank you so much for the quick reply. It helped to solve the issue!

Have a great weekend!
Test Subject
#66 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 7:28 PM
Hello! I don't know what the problem is but there's no description of the job's levels and the job itself (and name of the job as well) IN the game. I was wondering if anybody knows what this might be and how to fix it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#67 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eterny
Hello! I don't know what the problem is but there's no description of the job's levels and the job itself (and name of the job as well) IN the game. I was wondering if anybody knows what this might be and how to fix it.

Dear,
thank you for your notice. Do you happen to have any Mods from Zerbu installed? Those were conflicting with other careers when I tried a while back. After I deleted those broken mods, the sims not going to work was no longer an issue. I hope this helps, because the careers still work in my game and I wouldn't know how to fix the issue otherwise :-/

Have a great day,
Caelinaarria
Test Subject
#68 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Caelinaarria
Dear,

Have a great day,
Caelinaarria

I have only one other career mod and it works. I tried your career once again - still there's no description of the job and job's levels. Such a pity 'cause I have no clue how to solve this problem
Test Subject
#69 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 6:05 PM
Hi,
same problem here: no description of the job and job levels. I tried this mod in a new save without other mods or cc and it works fine, but all the descriptions are blank. My game is setted on italian language, but i've other mods in english in my main save and their descriptions are regularly shown without translation too.
It's a pity because this mod seems to be great. Hope you can fix it <3
Test Subject
#70 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 3:18 PM
Hi! First of all, thanks for this mod!
I'm having the same problem as Eterny and Simsim76.
I can see the job itself but without description. I tried with and without cc and mods and in both cases I can see the job but still without description.
My game is in Spanish but the other career mods I have in English work fine, so I don't think it's that. Just in case, my game version is v1.79.93.1030.
Test Subject
#71 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 11:06 PM
Hi ! I got the same bug with no description at all. My game is in french and I have no mod from Zerbu. Did you find any hint or solution ?
Test Subject
#72 Old 23rd Dec 2021 at 7:56 PM
Fix for empty descriptions:
1. Download and extract Translator (https://modthesims.info/d/644008/th...translator.html)
2. Load the package to Translator.
3. Finalize package.
4. Replace the old package with the new.
6. YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL!

For anyone who is lazy I uploaded the fixed package to Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Us...iew?usp=sharing
Page 3 of 3