Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Zerbu's Ultimate Careers Updated (29/05/22)

by SonyaYU Posted 21st Jun 2021 at 11:41 AM - Updated 8th Oct 2023 at 11:58 AM by SonyaYU

207 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 172 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 9
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 12:54 PM
Sonja, in under 2 months, I've been watching and supporting your mod update go from just an idea in our casual late night conversations on the Job Centre Discord Server, to being a full blown project, and I'm so thrilled to finally see it go live! The community of simmers who enjoy playing open careers will have a blast with this fresh take version on Zerbu's Ultimate Careers mod. So many career objects can now be used with my favorite careers by the career queen herself @MissyHissy. Was also amazing to see Battery step up as a script modding mentor through the last few months, his generous contribution to the TS3 script modding community is invaluable and deeply appreciated. Hugs and congrats!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissPat
Sonja, in under 2 months, I've been watching and supporting your mod update go from just an idea in our casual late night conversations on the Job Centre Discord Server, to being a full blown project, and I'm so thrilled to finally see it go live! The community of simmers who enjoy playing open careers will have a blast with this fresh take version on Zerbu's Ultimate Careers mod. So many career objects can now be used with my favorite careers by the career queen herself @MissyHissy. Was also amazing to see Battery step up as a script modding mentor through the last few months, his generous contribution to the TS3 script modding community is invaluable and deeply appreciated. Hugs and congrats!

Thank you, Patty, really appreciated!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 8:33 PM
Thank you for this update <3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
Thank you for this update <3

aw thanks <3
thanks for your awesome mods and gameplay!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 9:16 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Also, the original has a tuning and yours doesn't. Can I keep using the tuning or will you be making your own?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vampchick
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Also, the original has a tuning and yours doesn't. Can I keep using the tuning or will you be making your own?

I think after changing the dll names the old tunings won't work but I'll make sure to update them.
I probably would've done it already had I not been way too obsessed with messing with autonomy, haha.
Will be updating soon!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 11:30 AM
I haven't played with this mod in forever, so I can't wait to try your updated one! Thank-you for giving it an overhaul!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
I haven't played with this mod in forever, so I can't wait to try your updated one! Thank-you for giving it an overhaul!

Thanks for trying it out! Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 6:45 PM
It's like Christmas and my birthday together! Thank you! I'm a big fan of this mod and have been dreaming of an update! Going to download and try it out today!
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 7:38 PM
Quik question - any chance EA's classically cool fixer upper car can get added? I want to make Elden Hick a mechanic!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 17mars
Quik question - any chance EA's classically cool fixer upper car can get added? I want to make Elden Hick a mechanic!

Included in the "Military" (just felt fitting for some reason) but it is not autonomous at the moment. Still should work
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SonyaYU
Included in the "Military" (just felt fitting for some reason) but it is not autonomous at the moment. Still should work

Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 8:37 PM
It's like Christmas and my birthday together! Thank you! I'm a big fan of this mod and have been dreaming of an update! Going to download and try it out today!

Oh this message is genuinely heartwarming
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 9:02 PM
Exactly what the game needs now, Thanks man much appreciated
Test Subject
#16 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 11:02 PM
Elden Hick in my game (Ctnutmegger's Simmerton world that is a brilliant copy of the Sims 1 world) is a member of MissyHissy's Mechanic career. I put him to work at the garage and set it up with the updated Zerbu mod.
He is not autonomously working on the car but I'm able to make him do it. He is using all of the athletic equipment that goes with the military career bundle of objects. Working well so far.
I would love for that car to be in the science bundle too.
Is the bakers oven included in the culinary?
Thanks again for this!

Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th Jun 2021 at 1:33 AM
Elden Hick in my game (Ctnutmegger's Simmerton world that is a brilliant copy of the Sims 1 world) is a member of MissyHissy's Mechanic career. I put him to work at the garage and set it up with the updated Zerbu mod.
He is not autonomously working on the car but I'm able to make him do it. He is using all of the athletic equipment that goes with the military career bundle of objects. Working well so far.
I would love for that car to be in the science bundle too.
Is the bakers oven included in the culinary?
Thanks again for this!

That's a really nice garage!
I was actually thinking of adding more "mechanical" activities to military both for these kinds of careers and really military is pretty "equipment oriented" anyway so it fits.

For science, I haven't thought of that but I might depending on how much it could fit.

Baker's Station does work with Culinjry, but sims will (for now) not use it autonomously because EA for some reason did not include it in the game files (unlike Teppanyaki Grill and Woodfire Oven!) so it has to be added like a mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Jun 2021 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KaneKane
Exactly what the game needs now, Thanks man much appreciated

Thanks<3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 24th Jun 2021 at 6:05 PM
I'm so happy to see someone modding TS3! Thank you so much!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#20 Old 25th Jun 2021 at 7:33 AM
I love Zerbu's mod, thank you for updating it <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 26th Jun 2021 at 11:52 AM
Absolutely amazing work Var_ amazing seeing this release and your C# skills put to use! Really great job!! SSD
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 26th Jun 2021 at 11:45 PM
Thanks for the mod, it’s awesome! Is it possible to add option to not push active sims? I noticed that when my active sims was pushed to draw on easel, they don’t sell the painting after completing like how those inactive usually does. And after the school hour, it still push my active sims with ultimate career instead of pushing them home. Is that expected?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 27th Jun 2021 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aqte
Thanks for the mod, it’s awesome! Is it possible to add option to not push active sims? I noticed that when my active sims was pushed to draw on easel, they don’t sell the painting after completing like how those inactive usually does. And after the school hour, it still push my active sims with ultimate career instead of pushing them home. Is that expected?

Hi. Thanks for the feedback!

It could be possible to make a version without the push or maaaybe to make it tunable. Although you should be able to cancel whatever is in their queue.

I could look into easels to see if they could sell or scrap their paintings, though I did notice that easels were still usable after a few school days and new paintings were made even though I think didn't see exactly whether it was inactives selling/scrapping them or 3am cleanup doing that, I just kept track of them to see if they remain usable.

As for the UC interaction in their queue, hmm, that is a little odd since actives should get a "get out" interaction (similar to the one you get from bars after closing hours) and inactives should get "go home". You can still direct your active students to stay at school like it were any other community lot if you wish, but UC functionality should end with their school day. I will try to investigate this a little more and see if I can reproduce the bug.

Also any feedback and bug reporting is super welcome because the mod is big and can be used in a lot of different scenarios so any help with testing them is appreciated!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 28th Jun 2021 at 4:55 AM
No problem and thanks! I wasn’t sure how it was supposed to work so I just assume it will act the same as for active sims as it does with the inactive sims.
I was testing in on elementary school on school kids. Other kids will sell the painting and then paint again (rinse and repeat) until school hour end then Zerbu and your mod will cancel their action and push them home. For the active sim, I noticed that the mod will still try to push my sim to paint (only have easel on lot for testing) after school hours until I cancel it manually.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aynasm
I'm so happy to see someone modding TS3! Thank you so much!

The game lives on through mods!
Page 1 of 9