Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Zerbu's Ultimate Careers Updated (29/05/22)

by SonyaYU Posted 21st Jun 2021 at 11:41 AM - Updated 8th Oct 2023 at 11:58 AM by SonyaYU

207 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 172 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 9
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FloTheory
I love Zerbu's mod, thank you for updating it <3

Yay thanks for stopping by!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimStateDude
Absolutely amazing work Var_ amazing seeing this release and your C# skills put to use! Really great job!! SSD

Oh hey there SSD! Too bad I don't have that name here :'( :D
Good luck with your mod, too!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aqte
No problem and thanks! I wasn’t sure how it was supposed to work so I just assume it will act the same as for active sims as it does with the inactive sims.
I was testing in on elementary school on school kids. Other kids will sell the painting and then paint again (rinse and repeat) until school hour end then Zerbu and your mod will cancel their action and push them home. For the active sim, I noticed that the mod will still try to push my sim to paint (only have easel on lot for testing) after school hours until I cancel it manually.

Hey quick question, when they paint after school hours, is it an interaction that started before the end and just continues after hours or did they get it added after "the bell rings"?
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 7:20 AM
Yes it was started before and continues after hours.
Test Subject
#30 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 12:16 AM
Thanks so much! Will you update the mod to finally support career opportunities?
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 9:00 PM
Idea: Can you please make Arsil's Food Maker an item pushed to be used to get food or make them eat the food in their inventory (inactives only)? I find letting inactive sims make their own food pointless because they never finish cooking.

Issues: 1.) Active child and adult sims don't get pushed off lot properly. The queue shows as current action- Ultimate careers - go off lot at the end. Sims will finish current action, drop go off lot from queue then go do something ultimate tells them to do and ultimate adds back to the queue.
2.) Active Adult just keep pushing the ultimate careers interaction but not selecting anything when things are clearly open for use
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 2:32 AM
Yes it was started before and continues after hours.

Oh okay then it should be just letting them finish what they started but should just go away when you cancel.
I hope it isn't particularly annoying but if there's considerable annoyance with that I may look into forcing them to cancel.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nimsay_simmer
Thanks so much! Will you update the mod to finally support career opportunities?

Oh I really want to do that.
At the moment a "workaround" I've used in my game is by forcing opportunities with testingcheats and clicking on the rabbithole and then when you need to 'report back' I use either MC ... Go To Work or buzzler's 'work 3h shift' (I think from moar interactions), you can cancel it immediately.
Of course this is just a workaround to force them and it isn't random, which is kinda lame so I'd really like to integrate them more properly when I figure out a good way.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vampchick
Idea: Can you please make Arsil's Food Maker an item pushed to be used to get food or make them eat the food in their inventory (inactives only)? I find letting inactive sims make their own food pointless because they never finish cooking.

Issues: 1.) Active child and adult sims don't get pushed off lot properly. The queue shows as current action- Ultimate careers - go off lot at the end. Sims will finish current action, drop go off lot from queue then go do something ultimate tells them to do and ultimate adds back to the queue.
2.) Active Adult just keep pushing the ultimate careers interaction but not selecting anything when things are clearly open for use

That's a good idea I've been considering. I'll need to take a closer look into how Arsil adds his interaction to figure out if it'd have any extra requirements, but would be great!

Regarding issue:
1) Weird, the 'get out' interaction should send them outside and stop any pushes from that point on (unless possibly if it was something already started as in the above comments), if it keeps going that sounds like a bug.
Would you mind telling me which career it happens in?
2) If this is a custom career, you will need to link it at the city hall (otherwise they'd only use the coffee machine and the like), otherwise, mind telling me which career and career items have you been testing so I could try to reproduce it?
Inventor
#35 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 8:08 PM
First - it's really great that you update this awesome mod! Thank you so much!

However, I can confirm the bug. The sim is in the music career and gets endless pushes to use the singing spot. After the job is finished she gets pushed back to the singing spot although she's already off-lot.
I put Zerbus original mod back in, until you find a way to solve this.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by himawara106
First - it's really great that you update this awesome mod! Thank you so much!

However, I can confirm the bug. The sim is in the music career and gets endless pushes to use the singing spot. After the job is finished she gets pushed back to the singing spot although she's already off-lot.
I put Zerbus original mod back in, until you find a way to solve this.

Fixed. Please tell me if you encounter any other issues with any other careers.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 2nd Jul 2021 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SonyaYU
2) If this is a custom career, you will need to link it at the city hall (otherwise they'd only use the coffee machine and the like), otherwise, mind telling me which career and career items have you been testing so I could try to reproduce it?

Education
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 5:36 AM
Oh okay then it should be just letting them finish what they started but should just go away when you cancel.
I hope it isn't particularly annoying but if there's considerable annoyance with that I may look into forcing them to cancel.

Ok thanks, it will be great if you can update it to auto cancel and push the actives home in the future.
Inventor
#39 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 5:05 AM
No problem and thanks! I wasn’t sure how it was supposed to work so I just assume it will act the same as for active sims as it does with the inactive sims.
I was testing in on elementary school on school kids. Other kids will sell the painting and then paint again (rinse and repeat) until school hour end then Zerbu and your mod will cancel their action and push them home. For the active sim, I noticed that the mod will still try to push my sim to paint (only have easel on lot for testing) after school hours until I cancel it manually.

This is happening to me as well. The sim I'm playing his daughter goes to school and never gets pushed to go home. She almost died before I realized her picture had turned red. I checked on her and she was still at the school performing activities even though she had no energy, was starving, and wouldn't take a bathroom break. I have to either call everyone home on the phone or switch over to her to make her come home. I also noticed when I tried to send her as a child I do not have the option to click on the school. (I set up through the careers to manually assign her and set the school for children)
Field Researcher
#40 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 12:11 AM
I hope the mod author is doing fine with real life situation.
And hopefully, if there might needs something is fixed or added as extra.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by csg5vbe3argf
I hope the mod author is doing fine with real life situation.
And hopefully, if there might needs something is fixed or added as extra.

Hi, I am doing kinda well, thank you so much for stopping by!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marydehoyos
This is happening to me as well. The sim I'm playing his daughter goes to school and never gets pushed to go home. She almost died before I realized her picture had turned red. I checked on her and she was still at the school performing activities even though she had no energy, was starving, and wouldn't take a bathroom break. I have to either call everyone home on the phone or switch over to her to make her come home. I also noticed when I tried to send her as a child I do not have the option to click on the school. (I set up through the careers to manually assign her and set the school for children)

Hi, if you have time, check out the most recent update, should make them all go home when they're done with work/school!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vampchick
Education

Should be fixed now! Please report on your experience if you can!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 12:39 PM
Ok thanks, it will be great if you can update it to auto cancel and push the actives home in the future.

In the latest version, all selectable sim's interactions should be cancelled and they should be sent home
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 11:07 AM
In the latest version, all selectable sim's interactions should be cancelled and they should be sent home

Thanks! I’ll test it this weekend and get back to you with the test results.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#46 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 6:00 AM
Tested and yes the updated version does push the active sims home, thanks!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#47 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 8:31 AM
First off, thanks for the update. However, I'm a noob with regards to this mod. Am trying to organize a school and have been wandering how do you make the students listen to the lecture given by a teacher (in the case when you control the student, and in the case you control the teacher)?
Also, what does the menu on the City Hall do, especially the command: "Setting: Allow on Any Lot", and how can I tell if its set to allow on any lot, whatever it is supposed to allow?
Another question: I'm using NRAAS schools (eg. Science Academy, etc.) and am trying to set it to work on the science rabbit hall lot. My Sim assigned to the school is not pushed to go there, but when I send him there, mod pushes him to do interactions. However, he's not getting any performance. Also, I can't (using the City Hall settings) base this school (career) on science career? Or aren't custom schools considered custom careers?

Please, help! Thanks in advance! It's very difficult to find any documentation on this mod anywhere nowadays.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 6:25 PM
Tested and yes the updated version does push the active sims home, thanks!

Thanks for the feedback! If you notice anything else, do tell
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 7:33 PM Last edited by SonyaYU : 31st Aug 2021 at 9:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Simsica
First off, thanks for the update. However, I'm a noob with regards to this mod. Am trying to organize a school and have been wandering how do you make the students listen to the lecture given by a teacher (in the case when you control the student, and in the case you control the teacher)?
Also, what does the menu on the City Hall do, especially the command: "Setting: Allow on Any Lot", and how can I tell if its set to allow on any lot, whatever it is supposed to allow?
Another question: I'm using NRAAS schools (eg. Science Academy, etc.) and am trying to set it to work on the science rabbit hall lot. My Sim assigned to the school is not pushed to go there, but when I send him there, mod pushes him to do interactions. However, he's not getting any performance. Also, I can't (using the City Hall settings) base this school (career) on science career? Or aren't custom schools considered custom careers?

Please, help! Thanks in advance! It's very difficult to find any documentation on this mod anywhere nowadays.

Hi!
I'll try to answer as best as I can but may come back to this.

Quote:
how do you make the students listen to the lecture given by a teacher (in the case when you control the student, and in the case you control the teacher)?

Well, an autonomous teacher can give lectures at the podium or presentations at a whiteboard (I should probably add the anatomy skeleton, too).

For the whiteboard, they will be able to use interactions like outlining idea, solving equation etc and then they'll be able to present at the board. Students can go listen autonomously or you can direct them to.

For the podium, they will give lectures (or you can direct them to) on skills that they know. But remember that, while they like using the podium, they need to know at least one skill to teach So if you have a fresh save and a new teacher with no skills, the interaction will drop from their queue because it didn't find any "eligible" skill. You can use cheats or mod like Master Controller to add some skills to the teacher. Then the autonomous interaction will be able to randomly pick one and the students watching will also increase. Now, on the student's side, EA did not enable clicking on "Listen to Lecture" interaction so it is something that students will only pick to do autonomously for now. I am working on a "better" user-directed lecture watching interaction but it isn't ready yet.

If you control the teacher, you have a few more options, like using the feature of high Logic skill to Tutor sims.

Quote:
"Setting: Allow on Any Lot", and how can I tell if its set to allow on any lot, whatever it is supposed to allow?

Normally when you assign a career to a lot, employees will only be counted as "at work" while on said lot and get a "missing work" moodlet and performance penalty if they leave or are late. With "allow on any lot", you can make it possible for individual careers to be performed anywhere. It still needs a "hub" lot but if you take your sims off it, they won't get a performance penalty and performance interactions should still work. So for example if you want a journalist sim to visit random venues and interview people, you can do so.

Quote:
Also, I can't (using the City Hall settings) base this school (career) on science career? Or aren't custom schools considered custom careers?

Yeah, custom specialty schools are considered schools as far as the code cares. You don't need to "bind" them to a career. Mind telling me what steps have you taken to assign your sim?

Here's how I did it in my testings:
I chose a few teenagers, used MasterController to assign them to specialty schools with "Sim > Intermediate > Career > Choose School > Science Academy". Then I went to the science-y lot and used "Add Career or School > Science Academy". From then on, science teens went to the science lot and used the objects there. They did pretty well :D
Make sure that if you have multiple science lab rabbitholes, to pick the one that the teenagers are assigned to.

Quote:

Oh I get you! That was part of my motivation originally. I am working on ingame lessons atm and trying to figure out how to make it concise but informative.

I hope I was able to help a bit but any questions are welcome!
Test Subject
#50 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 2:20 AM
Hi SonyaYU, I'm back to playing the sims 3 after three years break and I'm so delight to see the community still active and creating mods to improve this beautiful game. I'm not very familiar with mods although I've used some before, mainly nrass mods. This mod has caught my eyes as I love anything that makes the game more immersive. So I found some tutorials on how to use it on youtube. My question is if there is a way to assign teachers to the school or does the mod do so autonomously? How many teachers can one assign?
Page 2 of 9