Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 8:48 AM
Sims 3 WA kinda sucks.
I ahve to admit, the second i looked at Sims 3 WA, I was pretty sure it was gonna suck, and my prediction payed off the next day. I called my friend and asked her about it, and she had it, she said it MAJORLY SUCKS BEYOND POINT. I asked why, and she replied saying "The trailer was intresting, but the EA game members couldn't fool me this time, the sims in sims 3 look like clay, like they use those clay objects to make Coraline and stuff, and each sim looks the SAME. And the sims 2 trailer, they lied ya know, but then it turned out pretty kool, or decent to others." What do you think about my friend's reply? do you agree? Or Dissagree?

If life gave me lemons, ya know what I'd do? I'd throw them back and Demand EDWARD CULLENS.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st May 2010 at 4:34 PM
Totally disagree. When I first heard about the first EP being a travel EP, I thought TS1 vacation (mega boring) and BV (semi-boring).

BV was way better than TS1 vacation I have to say and I was surprised how entertaining BV was, it brought many really cool options to the game, swimming in the sea, digging for treasure, and my favorite object, the tee set. But the vacation part was agonizingly boring, if I sent my sims on a vacation I only had them stay there for one night, because that was the longest I can take with TS2 vacations. What was there to do while on vacation? visit badly built lots, boring rabbit hole touring, and silly buggy tourists and NPC's.

WA, even thou I was not enthusiastic about it, totally blew my mind. First there is the scenario, it's breathtaking. It's really nice to see that EA finally is making an effort on the hoods and specially building, in TS2 EA built lots were just bad. Secondly the adventure part, it's really entertaining, but best of all, you can have fun vacationing, even if your sims don't do a single quest. I've mentioned this before, now with Ambition coming, WA vacationing will become even more fun. I have modified Egypt as much as possible, but with Ambition and the ability to modify hoods, it will be easier to make the vacation destinations even more family/single sim friendly.

I think you should have another chat with you caps-lock speaking friend, because it sound like she never played the game in the first place, just watched a few trailers and user made videos. And I make this conclusion base on the fact that she didn't comment game-play at all, only the way sims look.
Banned
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 11:08 PM
i wonder why france was a location on the game why not russia or somewere instersing. i liked eygpt that was the thing i liked adout. why could'nt ea had the drains to make it for sims 2 instead then i might have enjoyed it more.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 11:02 PM
Why france you can nothing in france so why bo france in frist place why not India?
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 5:17 PM
I liked camping, going to ski lodges and playing by the sea, NONE where in WA which is why I want them to make another holiday EP that has actual holidays in it, WItHOUT shells!

Just Call me Square!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Topvideo
I ahve to admit, the second i looked at Sims 3 WA, I was pretty sure it was gonna suck, and my prediction payed off the next day. I called my friend and asked her about it, and she had it, she said it MAJORLY SUCKS BEYOND POINT. I asked why, and she replied saying "The trailer was intresting, but the EA game members couldn't fool me this time, the sims in sims 3 look like clay, like they use those clay objects to make Coraline and stuff, and each sim looks the SAME. And the sims 2 trailer, they lied ya know, but then it turned out pretty kool, or decent to others." What do you think about my friend's reply? do you agree? Or Dissagree?

I find it a pretty weak reason and actually that friend of yours says no valid reason at all.
I miss the point why WA sucks in her reply. Saying something about the trailer and that sims look all the same and like clay is no point as why world adventures would suck. Besides, in the sims 2 they also look like the same, with those hollow eyes. Guess what; in most games characters look like the same, especially NPC's. And by the way; you can change that yourself. With twallan's mods it even goes easier to do that.
As for WA: i find it one of the better expansions. It's far better then that dlc called showtime. I like the idea of exploring tombs and searching for hidden doors and treasures. And i also like it that there are 3 different destinations which are not the same, all with an other theme and that you can learn new things. Maybe it's because i also play adventuregames like Myst and The Longest Journey. But those ones have far more difficult puzzles to solve.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Artimis
Why france you can nothing in france so why bo france in frist place why not India?
I have to agree. I also got bored with China after a while. In France all you can do is buy nectar. I can just get nectar/nectar maker by using mods/cheats! India would be so AWESOME!!!!!! I wish that they at least would of made India.

I'm currently have 616 downloads and their all in their little folders.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Topvideo
I have to admit, the second i looked at Sims 3 WA, I was pretty sure it was gonna suck, and my prediction payed off the next day. I called my friend and asked her about it, and she had it, she said it MAJORLY SUCKS BEYOND POINT. I asked why, and she replied saying

"The trailer was interesting, but the EA games members couldn't fool me this time, the sims in Sims 3 look like clay, like they use those clay objects to make Coraline and stuff, and each sim looks the SAME. And the Sims 2 trailer, they lied, but then it turned out pretty cool anyways, or at least decent to others."

What do you think about my friend's reply? Do you agree, or disagree?

I agree to an extent, but I have a reason to as well. She didn't seem to give any reason as to why this was bad... so I will explain why I personally thought this EP was a mediocre one. There are many things missing from this EP that should simply be in there without question since this is the Vacation EP that many looked forward to.

Tents are missing... why?
RV's would have been a VERY welcomed addition as well, but we got no such thing.

Not to mention the fact that there are for the first time shells in buildings that block off entire sections of buildings and you cannot see into or explore those areas, making several spots utterly useless. Not to mention that aesthetically it's very ugly to look at. WA isn't the worst offender with that (though a close second), because sometimes the shells, or as I like to call them, the black rooms, add to the suspense of exploring the tombs and such, and they are removed when you enter the next area.

Speaking of which, that is a big part of this EP. The problem is, after a short while this novelty of exploring crypts and caves or whatever wears off. You find yourself struggling to keep your sims content and not whining much of the time, and if you get lost it can be a real problem. It becomes tedious and there are times where the treasure hunt ends up simply being not rewarding at all.

Secondly, there is an entire vacation spot which is completely stupid and boring IMO, which is Paris. Paris is the least interesting of the three locales to take a trip to, mainly due to the fact that it's just got nothing to do. With China, you've at least got other things to do and so much to explore that you could spend hours there, and at least in Egypt you can explore all the pyramids and everything (again, spend hours there), but in Paris... what else is there besides nectar and annoying fetch quests? It's just a tedious locale to deal with and could have been replaced with so many other more interesting places, I would have rather explored Russia, personally.

I feel the biggest downfall of the WA EP overall would have to be its heavy reliance on exploration and puzzles, as without the tombs, WA wouldn't be worth even pirating in my honest opinion. It's yet another EP which adds very little in the realm of actual content to the game, leaving most of the objects out for the damn EA store, and again, it has a ton of those blacked out rooms that are incredibly unattractive to behold. It's definitely not the worst EP, but it's not really too great either. It has some excellent concepts, and some pretty decent gameplay additions compared to the other EP's after it, but overall, I felt disappointed with this EP.

That's all just my opinion though. Feel free to like it lol, I just don't think it was worth the money I spent on it.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th May 2013 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Littleweirdo
I have to agree. I also got bored with China after a while. In France all you can do is buy nectar. I can just get nectar/nectar maker by using mods/cheats! India would be so AWESOME!!!!!! I wish that they at least would of made India.

I was thinking more something like Middle/South-America, exploring Maya ruins and such. But I guess going to Mexico or something would mean to get another deserty location, and EA did not want that.

But I think we can all agree that France is the worst of the three locations, because it falls so out of line with the other countries that actually have an ancient civilization. France is just France (I've seen it plenty of times). I was surprised to see that France actually has two tomb-areas to explore. You also won't visit France for the nectar making, because nectar-making is a tedious process with very little reward.

And seriously, what's up with calling French wine nectar. Everybody knows it's wine, so just call it wine. Even a 5-year old can figure that one out. Sims are not bees, they don't fly inside flowers to drink nectar. (EDIT: don't worry, i know about the mod, i got it already, just wanted to get it off my chest)

Besides some Maya-like civilization, they could also have chosen for Greece, Russia, Italy, England and India. All of these actually have an old civilazation, so they can make tombs from that cicilization to explore.

On second thought, why did they not choose Italy? It is basically everything that France is, only with an ancient background (Romans). Sims could have learned to make all kinds of pizza's, on a beatifull landscape of Tuscany or something.

There, in one post, I already came up with at least 2 better ideas than France.

Think about that EA!!