Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 5:48 AM
Default How to link an orphaned object recolor to its mesh?
Having problems with two new (to me) downloaded objects from MTS and orphan recolors that come up when using Delphy's Download Organizer:

1. The Baby Dangle from here - I can see it and use it in my game, but the white recolor is not available, which shows as an orphan.
> Obtained from HW_nursery-add-ons_EVERYTHING.zip download file.

2. Baby Monitor from here - I'm unable to find the transmitter or receiver in the game and all recolors for both are showing as orphans. Double-checked the folder I extracted them to and there is a file labeled "mesh" for each.
> Obtained from GammiPBNurseryBabyMonitor.zip download file.

I'm guessing this can be done through SimPE, which I've actually never used, but if there's a tutorial on what to do, I'm willing to try it out. I tried looking for this info beforehand, but wasn't able to find anything.

*Susan*
Sims 3: Laura Bow, Lillian Prune, and Steve Dorian by me!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 1:41 PM
Easiest thing to do would probably be to open the recolours, export the textures (maybe the alpha too) and then make a brand new recolour.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 9:45 AM
Figured out why I couldn't see the baby monitor: Despite reading the object's description multiple times, I missed the part that said it conflicts with Simlogical's version, which I already was using. After removing, I was able to see the baby monitor in the catalog.

*Susan*
Sims 3: Laura Bow, Lillian Prune, and Steve Dorian by me!