Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Oct 2022 at 3:21 AM
Default Mesh Vertice Pointing Out at Ground
I have two different meshes that I've done recently (one is minor reshaping and the other is a frankensteined hair mesh) that appear fine in Milkshape/Blender/TSRW but when I load in game there is one point of the mesh that seems bound to the sims' foot. I've tried reassigning bones, but that made no difference. I'm totally stumped to fix it, and if someone else has asked about this, I can't figure out the right way to phrase it for search.

What did I do wrong (since it's only these two of the several dozen or so meshes I've worked on that have this problem) and how do I fix it?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 11th Oct 2022 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Usagi-Tora
I have two different meshes that I've done recently (one is minor reshaping and the other is a frankensteined hair mesh) that appear fine in Milkshape/Blender/TSRW but when I load in game there is one point of the mesh that seems bound to the sims' foot. I've tried reassigning bones, but that made no difference. I'm totally stumped to fix it, and if someone else has asked about this, I can't figure out the right way to phrase it for search.

What did I do wrong (since it's only these two of the several dozen or so meshes I've worked on that have this problem) and how do I fix it?

You have bad bone weights. Either need a donor hair closer to the one you're working on, or paint it yourself. This is TS4, but bone painting in Blender is the same as TS3... a very basic paint job... https://sims4studio.com/thread/9612...eight-assigment
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Oct 2022 at 2:36 AM Last edited by Usagi-Tora : 12th Oct 2022 at 5:05 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
You have bad bone weights. Either need a donor hair closer to the one you're working on, or paint it yourself. This is TS4, but bone painting in Blender is the same as TS3... a very basic paint job... https://sims4studio.com/thread/9612...eight-assigment

Hmm, okay. I'll give it a go and report back. I just find it very odd as both this hair and the pants that gave me the problem had no problems in the original. This hair is a lowered poly version of my first attempt to franken-make it (so, I think I can see how that might have caused it there). And the pants were just moving vertices in to make a little slimmer. Yet, they both have the same problem. Ah well. Like I said, I'll load the hair up, see what I can fix and report back once I've done so. Thanks.

Update: Well, I am queen of the stupid people. That worked and I don't know how I missed it. Thanks.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Usagi-Tora
Hmm, okay. I'll give it a go and report back. I just find it very odd as both this hair and the pants that gave me the problem had no problems in the original. This hair is a lowered poly version of my first attempt to franken-make it (so, I think I can see how that might have caused it there). And the pants were just moving vertices in to make a little slimmer. Yet, they both have the same problem. Ah well. Like I said, I'll load the hair up, see what I can fix and report back once I've done so. Thanks.

Update: Well, I am queen of the stupid people. That worked and I don't know how I missed it. Thanks.

I meant to say, reason I thought that, is because I have done it quite often myself!!! MANY TIMES!!!!