Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2022 at 3:59 PM
I Want To Create a Polydactyl Mod For Bipedal Sims, but...
As the title suggests, I have been having trouble with creating a body preset CAS option I want to add for the Sims as a Trait, one in which it would add a fully rigged/synced extra finger or toe to both of the Sim's hands/feet.

And I've done as much research as I possibly could, even for a college student like myself who can get reasonably busy with life quite frequently. But whatever I put into the Sims 4 Studio warehouse section and the Sims 4 Mod Constructor by Zerbu for the ts4script file I have to make; just doesn't work. Nothing works.

I've added a few screenshots from the Mod Constructor v5 program, that's still in beta or whatever. So it might not be updated to the most recent build of it, I don't know. All that I do know, is that most of the scripting stuff is empty or not implemented yet.

Mesh-wise, however... That's what frustrates the crap outta me. And I'm filtering myself here, if I could I'd be cussing left and right what with how much this is failing for me. Could I play it off like the six fingered/toed mesh/object in CAS are Accessories or something? I don't know!

Am I doing something wrong? Please help!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Nov 2022 at 7:49 PM
Hey. Hands are part of the "top" and "full body" clothing items. They aren't a seperate item on their own so you can't create new versions specifically of them. Your best bet would probably be to create an accessory version of an extra finger that is rigged to copy the movements of the finger nearest to it. This also probably means that you would be able to see the seam where the extra finger connects though.
As for the coding, I can't offer any help there I'm afraid.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Nov 2022 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Hey. Hands are part of the "top" and "full body" clothing items. They aren't a seperate item on their own so you can't create new versions specifically of them. Your best bet would probably be to create an accessory version of an extra finger that is rigged to copy the movements of the finger nearest to it. This also probably means that you would be able to see the seam where the extra finger connects though.
As for the coding, I can't offer any help there I'm afraid.

Thank you so much for your help! I'll see what I can do in terms of adding an accessory extra finger that mirrors the movements of it's nearest fingers.