Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

7 sets - BTX Modular stairs (JULY 10 new set added)

by Brasstex Posted 21st Jun 2005 at 2:27 PM - Updated 11th Jul 2005 at 3:12 AM by Brasstex

79 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 76 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 3:15 PM
very good! thanks
Scholar
#3 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 3:17 PM
I was just reading about these this morning, I missed downloading them the first time. Thanks Brasstex, they are wonderful.
xo
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 3:18 PM
Thanks so much for reposting these. I lost mine in a hard drive crash and have been looking for them since then. I used the stone ones all the time because other stairs just don't give the right look. These are great!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 3:31 PM
Quick question on these wonderful stairs... For the Knotsosteady and Bamboo steps, are they open underneath like the Balustrade steps (and the stock Holy-smoke stairs), or filled in underneath like the others? It's hard to tell from the picture because they are on sloped ground.

How difficult is it to modify one of these steps to be open underneath, or vice versa?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 3:42 PM
YAY!!

Thank you a lot for repost these steps sets Brasstex!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 4:18 PM
Thank you! The Ballustrade stairs is just what I need. I tried using the Holy Smoke stairs but they just don't go with the classical theme of my sims home.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 4:49 PM
OH Brasstex you sweetie, Thank you,Thank you,Thank you, I also lost my copy of them, I burnt them to disc but unfortunately it was a bad burn & they had to be on that damn disc didn't they I've been searching everywhere looking for them, can't tell you how much I appreciate it that you uploaded them for us again, I've been missing seeing you here & your wonderful goodies, please don't stay away for too long you really are missed. (((HUGZ)))
Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 5:56 PM
Brasstex your wonderful. Now if I could just figure out how to get a white handrail on the original holy smokes stairs. But anyway these are great, I can't thank you enough for reposting for those of us who missed out the first time.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 7:40 PM
very nice. thanks for sharing
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 8:15 PM
Thanks for sharing these stairs and for the great directions.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 8:41 PM
Hi Brasstex,
Nice work, looks very good, can i use them the same way as Numenor made?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 12:33 AM
Default Repost of steps
Thank you! Bless you! Thank you! Bless you!
Gillian
Forum Resident
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 3:01 PM
I am glad you reuploaded these for I had lost these in my computer crash awhile back thank you for brining these back...
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 5:39 PM
I followed the instructions to install exactly, but when I went in game I could select the "no pic" stair but could not place it. I kept getting the message "Cannot place top stair" Am I doing something wrong?

These are really great and I do so want to use them.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Vivi
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 6:02 PM
Thanks so much. Now if someone would something with the railings and fenchs.....
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 6:31 PM
I wish I saw these before I built my Ziggurat.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vivisand214
I followed the instructions to install exactly, but when I went in game I could select the "no pic" stair but could not place it. I kept getting the message "Cannot place top stair" Am I doing something wrong?

These are really great and I do so want to use them.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Vivi

You need to put the .package files in the download folder.

Brasstex
Test Subject
#19 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 10:25 PM
Boy, do I feel stupid! I had removed my downloads to a backup folder in order to test another object. When I restarted the game I forgot to put the downloads back in.
Forgive me. I've been rather scatterbrained lately. I became a first-time grandma yesterday and I seem to have lost all concentration.

Vivi
Test Subject
#20 Old 23rd Jun 2005 at 12:22 AM
Awesome! Needed these badly! Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 23rd Jun 2005 at 6:54 AM
Just to be sure,will these recolors override any stairs that come with the game?They look very nice,by the way.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 23rd Jun 2005 at 1:31 PM
They aren't recolours. They don't override anything. They aren't hacked or anything else, but be sure to follow the installation instructions.

Brasstex
Test Subject
#23 Old 23rd Jun 2005 at 4:49 PM
I finally put everything back where it belonged and now I can place my stairs.
The stone ones are absolutely gorgeous.
You do marvelous work.

Thanks,

Vivi
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 23rd Jun 2005 at 4:50 PM
Thanks Brasstex if you look in the wall paints section in build under wall covers or one near it you will find some slate wall covering can you try make some steps that have slate tiles on top and down the sides to match they would look great in a house that large (if you want to i dont want to force anything on any one) and also thnaks for the steps above they will look good in coulerfull houses i supose great
Test Subject
#25 Old 23rd Jun 2005 at 6:39 PM Last edited by elqindi : 23rd Jun 2005 at 6:54 PM.
Ok for some reason the stairs don't show up at all in my game--what have i done wrong? i did follow your instructions and copied the text into the Scripts>modularstairs txt file..and i did increase the buildtipindex by 1...so far i have 9 stairs in the game, no other custom stairs but the light stone steps you designed...odd. Is it EP-required? i'm asking since i'm not using Uni.

*EDIT*

My bad, i copied the txt into the script belonging to my drive E instead of the one in drive C...sorry for the trouble!
Page 1 of 4