Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

7 sets - BTX Modular stairs (JULY 10 new set added)

by Brasstex Posted 21st Jun 2005 at 2:27 PM - Updated 11th Jul 2005 at 3:12 AM by Brasstex

79 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 76 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 16th Aug 2005 at 6:28 PM
Modular Stairs
I really like your stairs--do you have them as zip files--I do not have the software for rar files. :howdy:

God will never give you more than you can handle--my mother
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#52 Old 16th Aug 2005 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nanatoana
I really like your stairs--do you have them as zip files--I do not have the software for rar files. :howdy:

Try clicking the auto-link in your post or this one -- rar Someone has gone to an awful lot of trouble to make all of this knowledge easily available to you, all you have to do is accept their help.

Brasstex
#53 Old 12th Sep 2005 at 11:48 AM
Great Idea!
And realy good work!

Greez
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 13th Sep 2005 at 11:58 PM
great stuff. love it. I ll have use for it in many many houses I bet :-)

thank you
Test Subject
#55 Old 16th Sep 2005 at 7:54 PM
These are great i like having options..thank you. :howdy:

Please visit our site The Sims2 Valley for more great downloads.
Scholar
#56 Old 1st Oct 2005 at 6:41 PM
Thank you so much for these and especially for so clearly explaining how to install them! : ) Cee
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 7:51 PM
These stairs are awesome

Just one thing...the ballustrade stairs, in your screeny, are a nice deep cherry wood color. In game, they come out more light redwood for me, like some of the maxis default modulars. I tried fiddling with my color setting and my monitor settings, and no matter what, those stairs won't come out the same color they are in the screeny - dark cherry - for me at all. Any ideas?

The biggest problem I am having in building is that I can't seem to find a set of stairs anywhere that will match dark cherry windows/doors - all recolors seem to be in light wood or light red wood.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 10:56 PM
MY apartment is complete! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!
Inventor
#59 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 3:55 AM
Is Dany referring to the animation of where the sim walks? Like before the animation is fixed, they walk straight where the stairs used to be. Then if you turn them (the stairs) they still walk straight like the stairs are still there. Is that what they mean?

Brass: I've got a question for you. I've been looking for you for a while and found you but wasn't sure if you had what I was looking for. I'm going to download your modular stairs and I've also created some modular stairs and want to be sure of what you mean by conflict. Do you mean the guid's? How would they conflict in the catalog?
My reason for seeking you was the stairs I've created, I'm not exactly sure how to make them work in game. Numenor mentioned editing a modularstairs.txt file. I'm thinking you have that information written in your readme file. Since I"m downloading that file now (stairs and all ) I'll probably find it in there. I hope!
Thanks for all your hard work. I know how much work these suckers are! lol You did a great job.
xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Inventor
#60 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 4:14 AM Last edited by XTS : 4th Nov 2005 at 10:31 PM. Reason: new info
Thanks! Stairs work great :)
I think I figured it out.. I just gotta go back into SimPE and figure out some more stuff. Thanks and thanks for the stairs again..

xts

Edit: Yep, I got them both working. I am glad because I never did find a tutorial on how to do it. Though you didn't explain details about each step, somehow I managed to mentally create a tutorial from this. Makes me feel kinda smart lol
I said "Kinda"

Thanks for the stairs, looks great. I noticed your bottom one (cast iron) changes when the side rails are added. Was it supposed to or did you change the steps somewhere in the middle of making it? The pattern changes. I'm not complaining lol, just letting you know. I like it alot!
Getting the others now. I had only grabbed the bottom one but since it's good, I'll try your others too Thank you!
xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Scholar
#61 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 2:12 AM
Thanks, you always needs stairs
Diffrent and unique

-----Casey

I'm A WHIZ KID.
Wanna see me whiz?
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 16th Nov 2005 at 4:28 PM
nice...but i am not gonna download...I do like, but I think it needs soome work

Well, I've got a bad feeling about this
I've got a bad feeling about this (To H*** with you and all your friends, it's on.)
I'm commin over but it never was enough
I thought it through, and my worst brings out the best in you.

^MUSIC IS MY LIFE

x.Ken Knockout.x [[.Is a Racecar Driver.]]
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 4th Jan 2006 at 9:35 PM
I love the black iron stairs in my houses, would have been even more so if they didn't change the texture when they get side rails and if they exploded when looking at the houses from neighborhood view. The same goes for (happens with) the other stairs as well.

MATY is the most childish and the most hostile site I've ever come in contact with.
#64 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 7:22 AM
realy hope these work one question buildTipIndex do i increase buy just1 or by the number of stairs ?
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 1st Apr 2006 at 7:13 PM
Will these stairs still work with OFB?
Forum Resident
#66 Old 7th May 2006 at 4:54 PM
These stairs do not work with OFB or FFP. I Followed the directions for installation EXACTLY. I know what I'm doing on my PC. However I can't make these work. I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of but they don't work so I have now given up.
Test Subject
#67 Old 11th May 2006 at 11:52 PM
i don't understand how to get the stairs in the game. i copied the package files into the downloads folder, now what? there is no readme file for me to follow instructions from...
Test Subject
#68 Old 18th May 2006 at 10:24 PM
these stairs are nice, but one question: how do you get the foundations and the stairs extra high up like that? I see those high foundations when the game starts up in the little movie, but all i can get in my game are the regular foundations. Thanks.
Test Subject
#69 Old 31st May 2006 at 9:34 PM
neekyboo, you need to temporarily raise the ground to get a higher foundation... then once your foundation is laid, you can flatten the ground again and the foundation will stay at the height you built it at. Just be sure to raise by increments of 4, or you won't be able to connect stairs to it.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 6:53 PM
Thank you for sharing! Why I didn't see it before!? It's I needed everytime!
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 5:21 AM
thanks, cyclonesue made a tute on making new steps, and it works great! thanks for the method, and great steps!

If life seems to suck, do the right thing. Put it in a bin.
http://www.atfreeforum.com/waggles/ Visit my forum for chat, spam and fun! I am currently looking for moderators. PM me with your resume.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 5:19 PM
Add me the list of not being able to find the read me file. I don't think it's available for downloading. I've dowloaded these several times with several programs, still no read me folder.

The latest Q-Express just loads the 7 stair files. Sim Maid2 only loads the stair files, etc. Sims 2 pack Clean Installer doesn't show a read me file. All the files in my downloads folder are package files.
Test Subject
#73 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 1:52 PM
Really good, but do you know that the scripts can be imported so much more easily using Numenor's Scriptorium. Just place the .txt files in the right folder and it does everything automatically. Good work though.

If we control our sims, then who controls us?
Test Subject
#74 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 6:21 PM
These stairs are the things that I never thought of but, upon seeing, knew that I just couldn't live without! Thanks! Your work is wonderful!
Instructor
#75 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 1:15 PM
thanks alot man, it looks awesome! :D
Page 3 of 4