Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CAS Clutter Begone: Hiders for Duplicate Hat Hairs (Plus Extras) (UPDATED 29/05 - Gen & Pets Hiders Added)

by Nysha Posted 16th Jun 2010 at 9:11 PM - Updated 27th Mar 2013 at 7:17 PM by whiterider

87 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 66 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 12:12 AM
Well the OLS hats will show up in CAS, unless you have another hider for them (I don't buy stuff packs, so I won't be modding them any time soon).

If you're seeing all of the hats, most likely it's a conflict problem; does the issue persist with just hiders installed, for testing purposes?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
#52 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 9:55 AM Last edited by ticklish : 10th Feb 2011 at 10:38 AM. Reason: new info
It has too be the new update that came out when OLs did the hats and hair from base game wa and amb and ln still show with just the all 3 eps hider in the hacks folder by itself. Ok using the hat hiders and the hair hiders for each ep and fastlane stuff pack works just can't use the all eps one. I need one for just late night too.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#53 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 10:44 AM
Excellent! i was just thinking to myself today "Why are there 3 of the SAME hair with just 3 different colored headbands?"...i mean i can change the color with the color tool so i didnt understand the need!!! thanks a million!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 11:22 AM
There's a version just for LN there, ticklish - have you tried it?

NeonSim, yes, exactly!

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#55 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 12:47 PM
YES DEFINATE IMPROVEMENT! Thank You.
Test Subject
#56 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 10:10 PM
Will this work with Generations?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 10:37 PM
Yes. The hat hairs added with Generations won't be hidden, as I haven't updated the mod to include them, but you can still use this mod to hide other hat hairs with Generations installed.

Test Subject
#58 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 11:18 PM
Are you going to make this for Generations? I love this so much!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 11:40 PM
Well, since there are only two or three duplicate hats hairs for Gen, it seems a bit superfluous to include them.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#60 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 4:51 AM
Hello mr whiterider i would like to ask if this is compatible withthe latest patches ? i think it is 1.24 and all expansion (up to Generation ) and stuff pack(up to Town Life Stuff). Thanks and nice one
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#61 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 9:52 AM
Yes, it is compatible, though it won't affect the Generations hairs.

Lab Assistant
#62 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 10:04 PM
I'm assuming this doesn't need an update for Pets, either?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#63 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 10:54 PM
No, it still works for Pets. It doesn't hide new stuff in Pets, however.

Test Subject
#64 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 6:06 AM
please please please tell me you're going to do these for the new EPs
Test Subject
#65 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 9:31 AM
Just got a new computer so I'm redoing my downloads, & I as I grabbed this I wanted to say thank you so much! It takes long enough for hair to load in CAS without 3 versions of EVERYTHING we hardly, if ever, use. So thank again & hope you will continue to update with the newer EPs
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#66 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 2:30 AM
thx you so much also .can u update the hiders for all ep packs i got a of CC and this is very helpful in load times. also if u can do it for clothes it be very apppreciated
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 7:00 PM
It's impossible to do this for clothing. I will do the other EPs, but since none of them have added that many hat hairs, it'll do them all in a batch sometime.

Top Secret Researcher
#68 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 8:28 PM
If lataya25 is interested : The "Show in Compact Form" option in [MasterController] has the effect of hiding the extra presets for clothing.

It also hides the extra hats at the same time.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 8:51 PM
Well ok, it's impossible to transfer this method to clothing.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#70 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 4:20 PM
lol ty i am sorry for checking back late and i have master controller my sister been showing me it lately since her computer crash and she been on my computer make me make sims for her new town. and redoing her fugly ones it just we downloads tons of CC and load time for clothes is horrible. but i will try it once i find how what part it is in XD I am not a computer genius.
Test Subject
#71 Old 28th May 2012 at 8:45 PM
Default Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
This is great! I've been waiting for a clean-up like this ~ :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 28th May 2012 at 10:08 PM
I wish there was a way to make hats invalid for random. I'm tired of seeing bouncers wearing sailor hats, and every other immigrant to my town showing up with some idiotic hat on.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 3:04 PM
Do you place this in Mods>Packages or can you place these in Mods>Overrides
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 10th Jun 2012 at 9:43 AM
Either will work fine, MisterLuvsFilm, but there's no particular reason to place it anywhere other than Mods/Packages.

Mods/Overrides is needed for CC which overrides other CC only.

Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#75 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 12:40 PM
Great idea--thanks so much for everything!
Page 3 of 4