Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Homework In Bedroom hack ver 1c

by dizzy2 Posted 8th Jul 2005 at 11:55 AM - Updated 11th Nov 2008 at 5:55 AM by Christy1077

122 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 119 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 18th May 2006 at 12:51 AM
I've only recently started using this mod myself, with all expansions, including the holiday stuff and FFS, and it worked fine for my sim children, but when they grew into teens, they started dropping it by the front door again.

Anyone have any ideas?

"We don't quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Feel free to PM me with any lot requests. I've mostly done house trailers in the past.
Test Subject
#77 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 1:48 PM
Where did you get the bed in your screenshot? I've been looking for a bunk bed that allows sims to use either the top or the bottom bunk. It this such a bunk bed?
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 2:05 PM
It's part of the grand trianon collection. The link is in the first post.

"We don't quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Feel free to PM me with any lot requests. I've mostly done house trailers in the past.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 5:33 AM
Update for teens too? plz??

My Simmies never stay kids for very long

"Too weird to live. Too rare to die" - Hunter S Thompson.
Instructor
#80 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 9:39 AM
Dizzy2 hasn't been around since december. I doubt he'll return to update this.

You can still use simlogical's assignable desks: http://www.nectere.net/smf/index.php?topic=89.0

It does work in combination with dizzy2's hack in that they don't directly interfere.
Field Researcher
#81 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 4:25 PM
It's unfortunate Dizzy2 hasn't been around since... it was a great hack concept, but my teen sim keeps putting it in the garage, and the children sims put it on the dining room table... it doesn't even seem to be enabled with mine...

I wonder if the "homework faster/more fun" hack has something to do with it...

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 14th Jun 2006 at 12:56 AM
Children will seek a desk or table outside their bedroom if they either don't have a desk in their bedroom or they can't access the desk for some reason. According to the RTFM (and my experience as well), sims must be able access the desk from the right side since that's where they go to put the homework on the desk. If this tile is not open or is blocked, they won't use it and will put the homework elsewhere. Sometimes other things can interfere like diagonal walls and other design elements that interfere with the Sims' pathfinding abilities.
Test Subject
#83 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 7:51 AM
hey thanks alot and by the way, i hav been desperately lookiing for a bunk bed for my twin sims, where did yu get tha bunk bed shown? thankz!
Forum Resident
#84 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 8:21 AM
the link is at the end of the first post, roxychick.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 12:52 AM
Any clue if this is GLS compatiable
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 11:46 PM
Yes, been playing it with GLS. I'm curious about Pets compatibility, what with pets being able to destroy homework...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#87 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 1:40 AM
My guess would be that this will work with Pets, but I haven't tested it yet. Please let me know if you see anything unusual and I'll see if I can fix it.
Field Researcher
#88 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 2:55 AM
This hack doesn't work with Pets. Any idea if an update will be made?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#89 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lobstergirl
This hack doesn't work with Pets. Any idea if an update will be made?

Well, I can't update it if I don't see anything going wrong, and so far it's working fine for me.
Field Researcher
#90 Old 10th Nov 2006 at 7:45 PM Last edited by lobstergirl : 11th Nov 2006 at 12:14 PM.
Hmm. That is odd. in my game the teens just dropped their homework at the foot of the stairs as if the mod wasn't even in my game.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#91 Old 10th Nov 2006 at 10:49 PM
To find their bedrooms, children and teens have to be able to find their beds. If there's someone else using their beds or if there is something in the way of the bedroom door, then they'll leave their homework at the front door.

This hack sometimes frustrates me because ownership often gets confused, especially with beds. The thing I normally end up doing is replacing their beds and making sure they are the only ones using their beds.
Field Researcher
#92 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 12:18 PM
ok, thanks for the tip. I'll try it out.
Instructor
#93 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 12:38 AM
I got Pets for Christmas and it took a while for my babies to grow up and go to school. I had this hack since it came out and it worked fine. I knew about the right side of the desk has to be empty. I am here to report that it does not work with Pets anymore. They drop their homework by the front door. They don't even go to their bedroom first to check if there is a desk. Please Dizzy, try to update this for us. I know it is a pain in the arse to have to update hacks every time a EP comes put. Curses on Maxis.
Test Subject
#94 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 12:06 PM
Where can I find that bed?

Silkydog.
Instructor
#95 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silkydog01
Where can I find that bed?

If you would read the description at the beginning you would find out.
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 4:10 AM
I'd love to know if this mod will be updated for Pets and now Seasons. It was so useful to have.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#97 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 4:45 AM Last edited by dizzy2 : 21st Mar 2007 at 5:10 AM.
Mystarria, this works as is.

EDIT:

Anyone still having issues with this in Seasons and/or Pets should either delete their beds and replace them or use this hack by twojeffs:

Smart Beds: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=5848.0

It's still in beta, but it could resolve the problems you're experiencing with this hack.

As an alternative, you could also try Pescado's Programmable Sleep Clock: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...php?topic=142.0

The important thing is that you only let certain sims mainly use a bed (or one particular side of a bed). Otherwise, this hack won't work.
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 5:48 AM
Thanks for the info Dizzy. I hadn't tried it again since Pets, only found the link again today and I was afraid since it'd been so long that it was outdated. My bad, I usually check things first. Those links will come in very handy though since I'd lost that stuff as well when I had to reformat my computer.

I'm glad to hear it's still working *downloads again*
Test Subject
#99 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 10:24 AM
I was looking around and noticed the bunkbeds you have. Could you tell me where I could get them? Thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#100 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dizzy2
Those beds are from Grand Trianon. Just follow the link to it in that post.

My goodness. I'm just going to keep repeating this, I suppose.
Page 4 of 5