Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Polgannon - A Complete Story Neighbourhood Whodunnit?

by maxon Posted 21st Aug 2015 at 11:58 PM - Updated 4th May 2022 at 1:18 AM by maxon

169 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 125 Feedback Posts, 43 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 7
Mad Poster
#151 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 9:34 PM
Not only a "secret place" but an EMPTY secret place. You're such a tease.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#152 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 4:25 PM
Sorry - I remembered what the update was. I had another successful solver to add to the list.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#153 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 2:56 PM
Just started playing it a couple days ago. Love your story and murder. I will be working on finding that killer, but I also want to say how much I love yours over some other similar worlds I have tried before. Your sims look good, were others have been so ugly you would think you were doing an ugly to beauty challenge. Only thing with yours is the Cornish names I will have to google to keep newborns in line with the theme. But I will because I am so excited about this Polgannon town. Thank you for all your hard work. I also uploaded the extra family's.
Mad Poster
#154 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 1:34 AM
I didn't realize "Cornish".

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#155 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 3:24 PM
I am loving Polgannon and the characters and story. Great job but it for sure is going to take me a wile to study everything involved. Love it. Did run into a problem when I got to the apartments that house Richard Carlyon, Jago-Curnow, Hammett, and Morgan I think. When I would try to go into lot, it would crash my game. I ended up moving the families out and then tried one more time to go into the lot. Still crashed, so I bulldozed the lot. All families are safe in new homes and the game goes on. Just wonder what was wrong and if others had that problem. Everything else works great.

Oh and Ruan and Margaret are dating and in love, but she wants to get engaged and he is busy with the investigation. They share a 2 bolt attraction, but Ruan is also looking at Karenza with a 3 bolt attraction. Lots of fun.
Test Subject
#156 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 10:46 AM
I just started playing this neighbourhood after realising I haven't time to build my neighbourhoods from the ground up anymore.

So far, I love it! (and I was hesitant to start with!)

I've visited the two Penhaligan households, the Roscoe, and the four attached houses with Carlyon and co. So many motives for murder! Hell, it seems like Blaise's death may not have been the only one which was not natural...

I also appreciate that the characters are so varied and with detailed backstories. I can see myself getting really involved in this neighborhood.

A few things seem incoherent to me in the timelines though, but I don't want to post them here for fear of spoiling.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#157 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 8:04 AM
I downloaded this neighborhood to use as the main in my uberhood, but after playing a while, a few of the offsprings are growing up with custom eyes, blue eyes. I'm 200% sure it's not from the other sub-hoods nor another download but only show up in this neighborhood.

Is this normal, does any of the sim has custom eyes? Because I looked at the downloads, I can only one custom skin and I've not deleted any custom eyes/skins as I never download them so I know this is not a corruption of deleted custom eyes as the default I use is completely different to these blue eyes and maxi one's.

EDIT: OOps, was suppose to a be a feedback.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#158 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 10:55 PM
Wow I live in cornwall and never realised this was a cornish hood!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#159 Old 2nd Aug 2019 at 5:18 PM
Was the place that inspired it near perranporth or Newquay?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#160 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 6:19 PM Last edited by maxon : 13th Aug 2019 at 6:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Florentzina
I downloaded this neighborhood to use as the main in my uberhood, but after playing a while, a few of the offsprings are growing up with custom eyes, blue eyes. I'm 200% sure it's not from the other sub-hoods nor another download but only show up in this neighborhood.

Is this normal, does any of the sim has custom eyes? Because I looked at the downloads, I can only one custom skin and I've not deleted any custom eyes/skins as I never download them so I know this is not a corruption of deleted custom eyes as the default I use is completely different to these blue eyes and maxi one's.

EDIT: OOps, was suppose to a be a feedback.

Hey @Florentzina - there was an issue with the eyes but I thought I had fixed it in the third edition of the neighbourhood. I didn't use custom and I couldn't work out what had happened when the issue cropped up. The problem, I think, is that the build was so complicated and took so long that something somewhere must have happened with the eyes. I have a feeling that the sims affected were ones that were clones of sims that exist in other neighbourhoods of mine. Although the clones were cleaned up before using them to create new characters in Polgannon (i.e. I re-cloned and resaved the files to strip out all information using Bodyshop and SimPE), something somewhere seems to have been carried over. I don't know. There are a number of things I would do differently if I made another neighbourhood and one of them is not use clones.

However, it is fixable with SimPE - you can set the eye information to use the default colours (or even a custom eye if you prefer).

@cutupuss - no, nearer Padstow.

PS - I no longer post here very often. If you want to contact me more quickly, you can try tumblr or my own site tflc - links in my sig.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#161 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 8:30 AM
Question about CC in this download - do I need to go to all the places linked in the post and download the CC mentioned myself, or is all of that stuff in the Polgannon Downloads folder that's included here?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#162 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Question about CC in this download - do I need to go to all the places linked in the post and download the CC mentioned myself, or is all of that stuff in the Polgannon Downloads folder that's included here?

Hi @kestrellyn - All of it is in the download file here. The list is there because MTS requires creators to include links to all CC used.

Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#163 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 2:50 AM
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#164 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 10:44 PM
Did anybody solve this?
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 5:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sobenna_kahill
Did anybody solve this?

Yeppers!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#166 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sobenna_kahill
Did anybody solve this?

Yeah, there's a list of successful solvers on the description page (at the bottom).

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#167 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 10:23 PM
This is incredible! You did so much work! Excited to play this when I get a chance and solve the whole mystery :)
Test Subject
#168 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 12:18 AM Last edited by WidowCass : 15th Oct 2021 at 5:12 PM.
First of all, I just finally loaded this bad boy up and it is BEAUTIFUL!! I'm so excited to solve this murder that I'm not even mad that I'm stuck home for the next 10 days.

However, I wanted to report that I also have trouble with the Haven Cottages. They load fine, and look amazing, but the second I hit play, the families vanish and I'm in buy/build mode. I'm going to toy around with lot zoning and see if I can fix the lot before I bulldoze it...because it's gorgeous and I don't want to lose it.

Otherwise, so far so good, and I am in awe at your powers of wonder!

Also High Street crashes my game, Anyone else figure out what was causing it in their games??
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#169 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 11:35 PM
@WidowCass The crashing might be if you didn't DL the troublesome CC noted on the information page - I wouldn't use those things again. Unfortunately, I had got very far along in the build before I discovered the issue.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#170 Old 7th Feb 2022 at 1:01 AM
I have finally made a 4th edition of this neighbourhood and it is available on my own site tflc - link in my sig. This version of the neighbourhood will remain here but the 4th edition has some further corrections and a bit of extra information for the mystery

Page 7 of 7