Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 Skin Converter V2.3, enable CC skintones in CAS

by CmarNYC Posted 9th Dec 2020 at 10:12 PM - Updated 20th Dec 2020 at 3:15 PM by CmarNYC

151 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 111 Feedback Posts, 39 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 7
Test Subject
#101 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 1:08 AM
Hi, I'm trying to use the RemusSirion Fantasy Skins and it says there's no skin tones in the package file. I know you already replied to this issue but I'm almost certain these are supposed to be skin tones and they're not working. I'm linking one of them below, please let me know if this is something I can do with this tool or if I should find another way. Thanks so much!
https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...kin/id/1434573/
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#102 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sajackson314
Hi, I'm trying to use the RemusSirion Fantasy Skins and it says there's no skin tones in the package file. I know you already replied to this issue but I'm almost certain these are supposed to be skin tones and they're not working. I'm linking one of them below, please let me know if this is something I can do with this tool or if I should find another way. Thanks so much!
https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...kin/id/1434573/

The description of those skins says they're found in skin details, so they're not skin tones but overlays. Did you look for them in skin details?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sajackson314
Hi, I'm trying to use the RemusSirion Fantasy Skins and it says there's no skin tones in the package file.[/URL]
Some people still think that skin tones and skins are the same things but they aren't. Skin tones are colors of skins.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#104 Old 20th Dec 2020 at 2:12 AM
I have made the directions for Mac users pretty! Feedback welcome.
https://cidira.tumblr.com/post/6379...olors-for-patch
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#105 Old 20th Dec 2020 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cidira
I have made the directions for Mac users pretty! Feedback welcome.
https://cidira.tumblr.com/post/6379...olors-for-patch

Thanks, adding to the description!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#106 Old 26th Dec 2020 at 3:41 PM
Hi CmarNYC..

Im having a little problem using this. I had managed to add my skintones in and resaved them. However, they are still not appearing in my game. Could you please help thanks
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#107 Old 26th Dec 2020 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katesx1991x
Hi CmarNYC..

Im having a little problem using this. I had managed to add my skintones in and resaved them. However, they are still not appearing in my game. Could you please help thanks

Please upload the original and converted packages.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#108 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 2:51 PM Last edited by Todesfurcht : 3rd Jan 2021 at 3:33 PM.
Will a "select multiple" feature be available in the future? Thanks.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#109 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Todesfurcht
Will a "select multiple" feature be available in the future? Thanks.

If you mean to process multiple packages, no. I think Sims4Studio has a batch fixer.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#110 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 8:00 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#111 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 4:38 AM
I tried to do this today (January 18) but I still don't see the skin tones in my game. It's the same for skin tones I tried to update with Sims 4 Studio. I'm not sure what the problem is, since it seems to work for other people. Was there an update to the game since December 7, or am I potentially doing something wrong?

By the way, I'm also super grateful this mod exists at all.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#112 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by toyherb
I tried to do this today (January 18) but I still don't see the skin tones in my game. It's the same for skin tones I tried to update with Sims 4 Studio. I'm not sure what the problem is, since it seems to work for other people. Was there an update to the game since December 7, or am I potentially doing something wrong?

By the way, I'm also super grateful this mod exists at all.

You can only update skin colors applied in the skin color section in CAS, not skins applied as skin details or default replacement skin definitions. Check that you're trying to convert the right type of skin.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#113 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 5:09 AM
Hey all, hopefully my issue is a misunderstanding as have most so far, but I too am unable to convert certain files. I am sure they are not overlays or makeup files. If anyone is familiar with them, I am trying to convert Crazy Mammoth's rainbow skintones (Blue, Red, Yellow, etc.), but for some reason they still do not show up in the game.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#114 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 8:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kentvrio
Hey all, hopefully my issue is a misunderstanding as have most so far, but I too am unable to convert certain files. I am sure they are not overlays or makeup files. If anyone is familiar with them, I am trying to convert Crazy Mammoth's rainbow skintones (Blue, Red, Yellow, etc.), but for some reason they still do not show up in the game.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#115 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 5:55 AM
Good god, it takes forever. It's like frozen molasses. How is it this slow?
Test Subject
#116 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 10:11 PM
Trying to use this for the noodlessorbetremix package and it is just not working.

It seems to think there are only 3 skintones for some reason, but when I open it in sims4studio there are plenty. I can't upload the package files because they're too big
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#117 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SpongieK
Trying to use this for the noodlessorbetremix package and it is just not working.

It seems to think there are only 3 skintones for some reason, but when I open it in sims4studio there are plenty. I can't upload the package files because they're too big

Where does it say there are only 3 skintones? I downloaded and converted Noodles’ Berry Skin Colors, it said there are 64 tones and 64 colors showed up when I tested in game. Maybe that's not the right package since it's quite small - if so, please link to the package you're talking about.

Test Subject
#118 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Where does it say there are only 3 skintones? I downloaded and converted Noodles’ Berry Skin Colors, it said there are 64 tones and 64 colors showed up when I tested in game. Maybe that's not the right package since it's quite small - if so, please link to the package you're talking about.

Was able to figure it out thanks
Test Subject
#119 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 10:30 PM

Apologies for not replying faster, work took me out of town for a few weeks. Unfortunately the system is not allowing me to upload, I keep getting "500" errors from the server. If it helps though, I noticed the game is not registering the existence of the package files since they do not show up on the mods list that appears upon game start.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#120 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 4:15 PM
Apologies for not replying faster, work took me out of town for a few weeks. Unfortunately the system is not allowing me to upload, I keep getting "500" errors from the server. If it helps though, I noticed the game is not registering the existence of the package files since they do not show up on the mods list that appears upon game start.

I downloaded and converted one of the Crazy Mammoth skins and it works fine in my game, so without your uploaded original and converted packages I can't help.

Test Subject
#121 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 6:36 PM
I downloaded and converted one of the Crazy Mammoth skins and it works fine in my game, so without your uploaded original and converted packages I can't help.

Good news then, it seems that the system just needed them in a .zip file to work. The file with a '1' at the end is the converted file. Thank you for your help, and your patience.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  CrazyMammoth.zip (917.8 KB, 13 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#122 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 1:50 PM
Good news then, it seems that the system just needed them in a .zip file to work. The file with a '1' at the end is the converted file. Thank you for your help, and your patience.

Your CrazyMammoth_SkinToneBlue_FIXED1.package shows up fine in my game, in the Neutral panel. If you don't see the same skintone panels either you're not patched up to date or maybe you're using a CAS UI mod.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#123 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 4:28 AM
Your CrazyMammoth_SkinToneBlue_FIXED1.package shows up fine in my game, in the Neutral panel. If you don't see the same skintone panels either you're not patched up to date or maybe you're using a CAS UI mod.

Good to know it's not a program fault then, thank you again!
Test Subject
#124 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 4:05 PM
Hello! This mod could be very useful if I managed to figure out how it works >.> I tried to convert Msblue's Rainbow Skintone Set, but it says there is no skintones to be converted though I am pretty sure it's not makeup or skin detail but a cas skintone.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#125 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RegineK
Hello! This mod could be very useful if I managed to figure out how it works >.> I tried to convert Msblue's Rainbow Skintone Set, but it says there is no skintones to be converted though I am pretty sure it's not makeup or skin detail but a cas skintone.

The rainbow skintone set is already updated to be compatible and doesn't need conversion.

Page 5 of 7