Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 7:49 AM
Alternatively you could just make a blank txt file and paste the following in it:

python3.7.exe -m compileall .\ -l

Now just rename the file to build.bat and run it next to your your_career_Name.py file after which the pyc file will be located in a __pycache__ folder located in the same folder as your_career_Name.py
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 4:18 AM
Hello everybody My career works but I can't get the PTO option to work any tips thanks.
Test Subject
#128 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MuffinMan707
Hello everybody My career works but I can't get the PTO option to work any tips thanks.

The PTO option is added by the python file AKA file ending in .py then called by the career.package file...

More likely than not you either forgot to compile the python file or compiled it incorrectly. Because if you just leave the python file out everything will work except the PTO option...

So I would suggest recompiling the python file with python 3.7 the files you want in the zip folder end in .pyc and .py if you don't have booth you made a mistake.
Test Subject
#129 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MuffinMan707

If you would rather not compile the script then inside of your mods folder make a folder called Testing and inside that folder make a folder called Scripts then place your .py file in it.

the setup should look like this "The Sims 4>Mods>Testing>Scripts>your_files.py"

Please note that adding a lot of loose python files this way can affect your performance...
Test Subject
#130 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dragonloverlord
If you would rather not compile the script then inside of your mods folder make a folder called Testing and inside that folder make a folder called Scripts then place your .py file in it.

the setup should look like this "The Sims 4>Mods>Testing>Scripts>your_files.py"

Please note that adding a lot of loose python files this way can affect your performance...

Hello first I want to thank you for the reply very much appreciated, These are the steps I did for the python files (correct me if I made mistake).
1. Imported py file (note I ran python from the exe and not cmd does that make a difference?)
2. Renamed the file with ext ending in PYC
3. Combined the PY and PYC file to make a zip. (Highlighted both files, right clicked send to compressed zip folder)
4. Changed zip ext to TS4SCRIPT

That's about it of my knowledge again thanks for the help.
Test Subject
#131 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dragonloverlord
The PTO option is added by the python file AKA file ending in .py then called by the career.package file...

More likely than not you either forgot to compile the python file or compiled it incorrectly. Because if you just leave the python file out everything will work except the PTO option...

So I would suggest recompiling the python file with python 3.7 the files you want in the zip folder end in .pyc and .py if you don't have booth you made a mistake.

Thanks man I just redownloaded and repeat the whole process and now it works Thanks for the help :D
Test Subject
#132 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 7:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crisosims
Hello everyone, this forum has been very helpful. I have created several careers, however recently the text showing up in titles or descriptions has stopped working and it appears blank. I even created a new career to try and see if the old ones were a problem but the text wasnt showing up for the new one either. Its weird cuz everything else works (they go to work, earn money, the icon shows up and the picture) its just the text in the title of the career and the description that wont show up. Anyone know why this happens/have a possible solution?
Thanks!

This is happening for me too. I've created several careers in the past, but my new one doesn't have the text showing up in game. I've double-checked that I entered all text. Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for this problem.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
Original Poster
#133 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rouensims
This is happening for me too. I've created several careers in the past, but my new one doesn't have the text showing up in game. I've double-checked that I entered all text. Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for this problem.
Yes, this was an issue with custom careers for a little bit. I have updated my careers and they are both working properly now, so I do hope yours are working, too!
Test Subject
#134 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 11:55 AM
I need help with how my career progression goes. Once the first branch is progressed through I would like to have to branch menu pops up for them to go to the next branch. How do I do that? I have
retired moderator
Original Poster
#135 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlecCastiel
I need help with how my career progression goes. Once the first branch is progressed through I would like to have to branch menu pops up for them to go to the next branch. How do I do that? I have
If I'm understanding correctly, I believe you need to go to Step 8 in the tutorial
Test Subject
#136 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 9:20 PM
Does anyone know what’s going on with the tool? The website is down and says it’s been suspended
Screenshots
Test Subject
#137 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 1:43 PM
the tool doesn't work
retired moderator
Original Poster
#138 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 1:54 PM Last edited by Simmiller : 13th Apr 2021 at 3:45 PM. Reason: new information
I imagine the game update broke the careers significantly, if this is happening. I'm not sure if  Zerbu's Mod Constructor is updated for careers yet, either, as I had some in construction that didn't work. We just have to keep watching to see what's going on. This last update changed a lot of the game's code, so program makers also have to do the same. 

EDIT: Neia has mentioned HERE that she hasn't renewed the server subscription, so we must wait for that.

EDIT: The tool is up and running again! Yay!
Test Subject
#139 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 3:29 PM
Hello! Sorry, I'm brand new at this but I created my career and it does indeed show up in my game but no text is coming up. Anyone knows what to do?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#140 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Flewing
Hello! Sorry, I'm brand new at this but I created my career and it does indeed show up in my game but no text is coming up. Anyone knows what to do?
Hi @Flewing 

Usually when no text is showing up it's because there is a problem with the STBL's in the .package you create using s4pe. You can double check them by opening up the "package" folder (see PIC 10 at Step 13 in the tutorial) that was created when you exported and downloaded the career from the tool, and click on any of the files that are in STBL format. It will look messy, but if your career's in game text shows in there, then you should probably redo the steps from Step 11 onwards. 

If these files are empty of your text, then re-export the career from Neia's online career tool and start the process over from Step 10, making sure to check that your text was saved in the tool before you do so (Step 9).

The attached images show what your STBL files look like in the folder and when you click on one.

Sometimes there is a glitch when exporting your career, and it's just a matter of redoing so, as mentioned. Please let me know if this works, if not, I may ask you to share your files so I can check them, if you like. But, do the steps first, because I have no way of exporting your career or checking it in the online tool, only you do.

Good luck!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#141 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 1:52 AM
Default No _pycache_ folder
There is no "_pycache_" folder for me..
Test Subject
#142 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 3:23 PM Last edited by Jan_AQ : 21st Jun 2021 at 4:17 PM.
Default Hogwarts Career Mod
So I followed the tutorial and made a Hogwarts Career Mod. I am having a little difficulty with it showing up in my game. Can anyone take a look for me and tell me if it works for you?

Thank you.
Test Subject
#143 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 1:37 PM
The export part is different for me. It never reloads a page with the instructions. It is stuck on

"Your career is now being exported, which can take several minutes. When the process is done, your download link will be available on the My careers page."
Test Subject
#144 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 1:51 PM
After I use the python program it renames my .py to .pyc and not .pyo

Could this be why its not working?
Test Subject
#145 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 12:32 AM
I think I figured it out. I did not have a job listed under the main track, and I had a / in one of the descriptions. It's working now, Thanks!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#146 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jan_AQ
I think I figured it out. I did not have a job listed under the main track, and I had a / in one of the descriptions. It's working now, Thanks!

Well, I'm very glad you were able to figure it out! Sorry I wasn't here to help in time.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#147 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonsunline
There is no "_pycache_" folder for me..

I recommend redoing the Python steps, paying particular attention to the in step 14. That could be the issue. I've had it happen to me where I've just missed one small step, and just have to redo it. Good luck!
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 6:38 PM
is it possible to make a career that is based on gig work like Get Famous?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#149 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kirstygreen2
is it possible to make a career that is based on gig work like Get Famous?

It seems like that should be possible. I'm not personally that technically savvy, but you many want to check out Zerbu's Mod Constructor for something like that.
Test Subject
#150 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 3:56 PM
Hello,
I'm wondering if there's a way to get the career outfits in so that others can download the career with specific outfits chosen? Since I can see the two options posted are for later modification and I'm not advanced enough to understand if that means I can in some way put it in the download file?
Thanks in advance
Page 6 of 7