Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Autonomous "Ask to Move In"

by PolarBearSims Posted 10th May 2017 at 1:41 AM - Updated 12th Mar 2024 at 1:26 AM by PolarBearSims : Patch Update 11/17/20

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Theorist
Original Poster
#26 Old 4th May 2019 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lemonade-cat
I'm having an issue with the Autonomous move in mod. When townies are moving in together, a pop up comes up for me to cancel or to edit the household of the townies. Which would fine, I'd just do that and go about my play. But the issue comes in where it then makes THAT my active family, interrupting whatever I was doing before. Is there anyway to make it sothey just move in without me being asked, or at least if I move them in together, return me back to the family I was actually playing beforehand? Love your mods, and thank you.

This is the first I've heard of this issue, check it with no other mods in your folder. All this mod does is makes the interaction autonomous. If that is happening it is something coded in the game and if it is, I may not be able to change it.

For help with my mods please join my discord HERE

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Theorist
Original Poster
#27 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 3:42 AM
UPDATE:

Change Log: 6/22/19
REQUESTED: A dialog box has been added to tell you who is asking who to move in!

NEW There will now be a dialog box that will pop up when a sim asks another sim to move in. This will let you know who is asking who and you will be able to decide on that box if you would like those two sims to move in together. This way you don't have to go to the move in screen every time unless you want them to move in.

Current String Translations:
ENGLISH

Current strings in the mod<--You can send me your language translation and it will be added to the mod. Let me know the string with the translation.
{0.SimName} would like to move in with {1.SimName}.

Thank you for all of your support!

~ENJOY~

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

Inventor
THANKS POST
#28 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 6:34 PM
Thank you!! I think that dialog box is very useful.
Theorist
Original Poster
#29 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 1:55 AM
UPDATE:

Patch Update: 9/5/19

~ENJOY~

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 30th Oct 2019 at 11:06 PM
SPANISH:
{0.SimName} le gustaría mudarse con {1.SimName}.
Theorist
Original Poster
#31 Old 1st Dec 2019 at 6:20 PM
UPDATE

Change Log: 11/25/19
PATCH UPDATE: 11/25/19
ADDED: Spanish Translation by: SpSleep

Thank you for your patience and support!

~ENJOY~

Test Subject
#32 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 1:41 AM
Hey, I just wanted to let you know that sometimes my sims with no romance are able to ask to move in (I'm using the version which appears in the Romance pie menu). I'm not sure if this is supposed to be the case but I was under the impression that on sims with a certain level of romance relationship should be able to do this? Help
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 2:06 PM
Very clever mod. Thank you sooooo much!
Theorist
Original Poster
#34 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 11:07 PM
UPDATE:

Patch Update 9/3/20

Thank you for all of your support and patience!

~ENJOY~

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#35 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 7:58 PM
Thank you
Theorist
Original Poster
#36 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 1:19 AM
{B]UPDATE:[/B]

[Patch Update:[/B] 11/17/20

~ENJOY~

Field Researcher
#37 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 3:07 AM
Hope all of your mods still doesn't require update for latest December patch.
Theorist
Original Poster
#38 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 4:00 PM
UPDATE:

Change Log: 1/30/21
PATCH UPDATE: 1/21/21

~ENJOY~

Test Subject
#39 Old 7th Feb 2021 at 2:15 AM
Thank you! And I have a simplified chinese translation here:
{0.SimName} 希望能够和 {1.SimName} 住在一起.
Love your mods!
Test Subject
#40 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 5:10 PM
Nice Mod!

German Translation:

{0.SimName} möchte bei {1.SimName} einziehen.
Test Subject
#41 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 4:37 PM
I just had this happen. Siobhan Romeo and my sim were talking. Siobhan asked to move in with my sim. I declined. A few moments later, my sim asked Siobhan to move in. I accepted, was taken to the moving screen, selected both my sims to move in with Siobhan and Sergio, was taken to the loading screen. When it loaded into the Romeo household, my 2 sims weren't there, just Siobhan and Sergio. Went into manage households and my 2 sims were no longer present in game. I used MCCC cheats to summon them and confirmed they had been yeeted from my game.
Theorist
Original Poster
#42 Old 2nd May 2021 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheMrs
I just had this happen. Siobhan Romeo and my sim were talking. Siobhan asked to move in with my sim. I declined. A few moments later, my sim asked Siobhan to move in. I accepted, was taken to the moving screen, selected both my sims to move in with Siobhan and Sergio, was taken to the loading screen. When it loaded into the Romeo household, my 2 sims weren't there, just Siobhan and Sergio. Went into manage households and my 2 sims were no longer present in game. I used MCCC cheats to summon them and confirmed they had been yeeted from my game.

I'm sorry that this had happened. This mod wouldn't haven't anything to do with a sim getting deleted from the game or removed from the household. All this mod does is allow sims to use the interaction autonomously. Doesn't change the actual move in screen.

Theorist
Original Poster
#43 Old 2nd May 2021 at 6:14 PM
UPDATE:

Change Log: 5/2/21
PATCH UPDATE: 4/27/21
STRINGS ADDED: Chinese & German

Thank you MaryShakur & ak2325 for the translations!

Thank you all for your support and patience!

~ENJOY~

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 4:06 PM
I'll use it well. Thank you.
Test Subject
#45 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 8:22 PM
I really like the idea of this mod but I had to remove it because the prompt just comes up way too often. Last time I played, a pair of NPCs apparently got into a conversation somewhere in the neighbourhood and it popped up the "x wants to move in with y" dialogue 6 times in a row, as in the new dialogue would pop up immediately after I cancelled the previous one.
Theorist
Original Poster
#46 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by silverymist
I really like the idea of this mod but I had to remove it because the prompt just comes up way too often. Last time I played, a pair of NPCs apparently got into a conversation somewhere in the neighbourhood and it popped up the "x wants to move in with y" dialogue 6 times in a row, as in the new dialogue would pop up immediately after I cancelled the previous one.

Try using the romantic version. This puts in extra tests that only certain romantic relationships can use the interaction. This should help slow it down.

Theorist
Original Poster
#47 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 3:00 AM
UPDATE:

PATCH UPDATE: 9/21/21

Thank you for all of your support & patience!

~ENJOY~

Theorist
Original Poster
#48 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 5:40 PM
UPDATE

I have been informed that the interactions appear too quickly in the pie menu, causing sims to use the interaction too often. I have made some adjustments to the tests in the codes to delay the interaction from appearing. Please let me know how it is working in your game.

Change Log: 1/23/22
Changed: Romantic Ask to Move In - Friendship levels & Romance levels will both need to be about mid-way before the interaction will appear.
Changed: Ask to Move In - Friendship levels need to be about mid-way before the interaction will appear.

Thank you for all of your patience and support!

~ENJOY~

Theorist
Original Poster
#49 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 4:26 PM
UPDATE:

PATCH: 8/2/22

~ENJOY~

Theorist
Original Poster
#50 Old 17th Mar 2023 at 12:29 AM
UPDATE:

Change Log 3/16/23
PATCH UPDATE: 3/14/23

~ENJOY~

Page 2 of 3