Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2019 at 8:07 PM
Default Zerbu Option not showing up on particular lot
I've had the Zerbu Careers mod installed for a long time now, but never had the patience to learn how to get it set up or exactly how a particular career's lot should be built. Today, I decided to replace the generic School building in the town with a custom High School and build a new Elementary School on the edge of town.
Everything was going perfectly with getting the High School built and set up using a Replacement Rabbithole Door in a closet at the back of the lower floor (later replaced with a rug made by Jynx) to act as the "host" for the Education career and School while allowing me to use the rest of the building as a normal High School.
I have the lot set as a High School in Zerbu's options, and have assigned all the teens in town as well as some pre-existing Teachers to use the building via Master Controller.
I then built an Elementary School on the edge of town, but when clicking on the walls of the school the Zerbu option does not show up; only "Visit [name of lot]" and "Visit [name of lot] with..." (where [name of lot] is the name I have given to the lot).
I have attempted to place a second rug so that each school has one, as well as changing lot type from "No Visitors Allowed" to "Visitors Allowed" then back to "No Visitors Allowed" again, but the option still does not show up in this lot. It does show up on every other lot I have tried, including houses, parks, and the City Hall
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 2:29 PM
The lot now has the Zerbu option after restarting my game. It has the option both with and without the rug (but I found it easier to keep both rugs in each school, but rename using NRaas Debug Enabler so that one is named "High School" and the other "Elementary School").
Upon trying to get all the sims situated in each school, the "Education" career went missing.
Yesterday, when setting up the High School, I used Master Controller to set all the teens and sims who already had the Education career to work at the High School. Now, I am trying to set it up so that only certain sims with the Education career work at the High School while others others work at the Elementary School (based on their level of Education career), but the Education career does not show up anymore in the filter. My theory is that when assigning ALL Educators, the game thought that they no longer worked in Education. With 0 sims in the career, it decides to not show up.
I am currently running a Rapid Immigrantion of 25 families in the hopes that some of them will choose Education career and seeing if that brings it back into the filter.