Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 2:52 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't tell if ACR Adult/Teen is functioning as intended
Installed ACR to inject some drama into my game's storylines. Followed all the documentation and as far as I can tell adult/adult and adult/elder relationships are working as intended, however there's a weird quirk with adult/teen. They can do all the romantic interactions provided by ACR's "Casual" menu, however they never actually get crushes/fall in love. They're just eternally labeled as friends in the relationship panel no matter how much time passes and how many actions they perform. Is this normal?
(I know the adult/teen+skunk attraction fix by twojeffs says that chemistry bolts will never show up between those two ages in the relationship panel because of Maxis hard-coding; I'm referring to the red/pink hearts never showing up in the relationship panel or memories)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 3:23 PM
You might need another mod to enable that. I use midgethetree's RCC TYA Alt and the Alternate Pregnancy Controller Lite, also by midgethetree. I also use Jenflower's Woohoo Teens to get teen pregnancy to work. I started using these when I replaced Inteen. I don't know if I can link to the article, so google search "Sims 2 Replacing Inteen Again." It's BrokenDoll's simblr.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LyokoGirl5000
You might need another mod to enable that. I use midgethetree's RCC TYA Alt and the Alternate Pregnancy Controller Lite, also by midgethetree. I also use Jenflower's Woohoo Teens to get teen pregnancy to work. I started using these when I replaced Inteen. I don't know if I can link to the article, so google search "Sims 2 Replacing Inteen Again." It's BrokenDoll's simblr.

Yeah I tried Jenflower's Woohoo teens before trying ACR and it seemed to work perfectly except my sims froze when they went to try for baby (just the sims, not the entire game). Just regular woohoo worked fine for some reason. That freeze sort of scared me off of the entire mod though.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LavenderGooms
Yeah I tried Jenflower's Woohoo teens before trying ACR and it seemed to work perfectly except my sims froze when they went to try for baby (just the sims, not the entire game). Just regular woohoo worked fine for some reason. That freeze sort of scared me off of the entire mod though.

That's strange. I can do try for baby just fine. Maybe you have a mod conflict? Try using one of the hack conflict detection utility programs and see if it finds anything.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Jan 2023 at 6:47 PM
ACR doesn't enable teen-adult relationships on its own; it simply supports them if you have another hack which allows them.

I use Inteen. Other people use different options. Jenflower's woohoo teens is one such option, but certainly not the only one.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jan 2023 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
ACR doesn't enable teen-adult relationships on its own; it simply supports them if you have another hack which allows them.

I use Inteen. Other people use different options. Jenflower's woohoo teens is one such option, but certainly not the only one.

Got it, I guess my follow-up question would be, is twojeff's Adult-teen+skunk attraction fix supposed to enable that on its own or is it purely meant to be a supplement to ACR? I tried playing with only the attraction fix installed at first to see if that would do anything, but there was nothing changed from vanilla Maxis gameplay.