Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 2:42 PM
Default Tommorow TS3 is turning 10.
Just gives me quite a good time reason to play base game only alone. Though, not the quite motivation to start to patch 0 quite yet :D

As for this association, is there anything special you would do to accommodate the game's first 10's special milestone reach?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 6:49 PM
Eh, I'm just going to play the game with all the packs I have.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 6:57 PM
Shit! Should've made a video about this, especially because I've told myself a dozen times over not to forget.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 7:18 PM
Finally gonna get my arse over to the PC and fire it up, get some content finished maybe? Actually, maybe I'll revisit and revamp my first ever lot creation :D

.:: B2SIMS.com ::.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 7:51 PM
The history of TS3 video would be awesome to look at. Since minecraft to have such videos of regression look backs :D

Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 7:55 PM
Eh, I don't know if TS3 is that interesting to look at. All I need to do is design a quick "The Sims 3 10th Anniversary" logo and stick it on one of my videos for 5 seconds.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 9:41 PM
Aging is inevitable I'd still be playing Sims up there. Hopefully we're away from responsibilities in the afterlife.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 9:55 PM
Well I'm going to hell no matter how you look at it so I figure it's only reasonable to expect the tax man to still be there as well. And the guy who still owes me €20. And people who insist on taking the seat next to me even though that's my laptop bag's seat, and there's a free four-seater halfway across the carriage.

insert signature here
Theorist
#10 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 10:25 PM
I took a week off work when this was released. A historical day.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 11:25 PM
It's already June 2 for me. Happy Birthday Sims 3!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#12 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 12:12 AM
I was planning on releasing a mod today, but darn I'm having too many problems with it. Oh well, I'll celebrate it by throwing a party in my Sims house! Doesn't make me feel too old though since I was more or less a toddler when it came out :P

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Mad Poster
#13 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 6:02 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 2nd Jun 2019 at 6:25 AM.
TS3's aged like fine cheese, which of course isn't for everyone. Sims still look clunky, some elements of the graphics (mostly the shadow draw distance and lack of floor-floor lighting) make it look old, the engine is largely unmoddable, and some of the designs in the game are still awful or dated.

But of course it's still the only click-and-point open world society simulator out there that also allows for easy modding and allows you to create entirely new worlds for your sims.

So I'll stick with that!

Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
The history of TS3 video would be awesome to look at. Since minecraft to have such videos of regression look backs :D

TS3 hasn't changed all that much, but looking into the development and finer bits of trivia is definitely worth doing.
Sims Nostalgia does dig a little into that, which makes things interesting: https://simnostalgia.tumblr.com/tagged/ts3
Mad Poster
#14 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 10:06 PM Last edited by AGuyCalledPi : 3rd Jun 2019 at 2:08 AM.
Since I couldn't really get away with not doing anything, I did the next best thing to not doing anything: basically nothing.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#15 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 10:46 PM
I got screwed out of a good €70 trying to order one of those Collector's Editions a few years ago....seller wasn't being malicious or anything, I'm sure, but the package made it from rural Colorado all the way to the parcel sorting center in Amsterdam when something went wrong and it was sent back to America. Sometime after arriving back in America it was re-sent to me and got lost in transit....gave up trying to get my money back when it became clear that according to eBay, I'd never purchased anything on their platform and the seller genuinely didn't know what had happened. Maybe if Amazon didn't try to sell me the same bullshit story I wouldn't have decided to boycott the both of them for the rest of my life. Dealing with faceless American corporations over the internet is the quickest way to insanity, but at least EA hasn't tried anything yet.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
TS3's aged like fine cheese, which of course isn't for everyone.

I understand your comparison between TS3 and cheese, but still, in my opinion, TS3 aged like wine. It only got better and better with each new piece of content and patch released from 2009 to 2014, and I consider that it got even better when TS4 proved to be such a big step back in terms of both features and enjoyability (at least for some people). Sure, it's hard to find that old wine I mean, nectar bottle that you've put somewhere in a rack in your basement several years ago, but it's even more enjoyable once you find it. Just how TS3 is more enjoyable than 4, once you get it to recognize your new graphic card.

I must say, even with all of its issues and its relatively long age, we all should be proud of what this game has accomplished: the most (and best!) features in this amazing franchise and countless hours of fun for so many people around the world.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 9:03 AM
Do you guys get a glass of wine when simming TS3 late in the afternoon?

Mad Poster
#18 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 9:37 AM
Of course, and a backrub by a sultry brunette with a foreign accent. Don't you guys?

insert signature here
Instructor
#19 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 12:55 PM
/me is arriving holding a waiter's tray of wine glasses, both red and white:

Help yourself, folks, have a drink, happy birthday, Sims 3!

/me contemplates while takes a sip of wine: My first clear memory of playing TS3 is - after installing and loading Sunset Valley - that my active sim leaves his house, crosses the street (gasp!), approaches the door of the opposite neighbor (gasp!), and rings their bell. It was awesome to cross the street and visit a neighbor real-time! after years of Sims 2, where nothing like this was possible. The neighbor wasn't at home, so nobody answered the door, and I noticed that my sim could peek through the window. The realization, that the whole neighborhood is "real time", was breathtaking. - I didn't like how the sims were designed to look though, and I still don't.
Site Helper
#20 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 3:28 PM
I remember being in chat with Inge at Simlogical when she posted a link to the Sims 3 trailer that showed a sim running all around the neighborhood before sitting down to eat. This was at a time in Sims 2 when we were both having trouble with sims routing all around the lot rather than simply going down a short hall to the room next to them, so we were discussing whether or not the trailer was actually the result of a sim who was supposed to be going from the kitchen to the dining room for breakfast.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook