Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dinner for 8 (extra servings for all meals)

by Neder Posted 26th Apr 2009 at 7:20 PM - Updated 29th Jul 2011 at 1:32 PM by Neder : Edited to update

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 58 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 11:54 AM
Brilliant! I have needed something like this forever, especially considering I often let my family sims have 10+ children.
Field Researcher
#27 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 3:05 PM
Hurrah! Thank you so much for this! I'd often let two go hungry in my big houses and make them wait for breakfast (thus my starving sims also thank you from the bottom of their oh-too-quickly empty stomachs).
Field Researcher
#28 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 12:51 AM
I've always wonder why Maxis only made the Sims 2 meals serviceable for only 6. Thank you for making this mod. I have large families and I've had to use the buffet tables to feed them all at the same time or make two meals. This will be so much better. I hope when Maxis releases Sims 3 they up the meal count to 8. Thanks for doing this project.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 1:31 AM
Brilliant. My 2/8 starving simlings thank u.
Test Subject
#30 Old 3rd May 2009 at 3:47 PM
download link is broken
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 3rd May 2009 at 4:22 PM
this was really annoying! thanks so much for this!
Test Subject
#32 Old 5th May 2009 at 7:27 PM
Thank you Thank you!!!! I made my real life family in the game...and we are a family of 8...two were always standing there starving!
Field Researcher
#33 Old 10th May 2009 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simwookiee
download link is broken
Should be fixed now

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Test Subject
#34 Old 12th May 2009 at 10:07 PM
Thankyou, lovely ideaa!
Forum Resident
#35 Old 16th May 2009 at 7:15 PM
Awesome!

Thank you.
Scholar
#36 Old 25th May 2009 at 3:41 PM
This is really a good idea, thank you and bon appétit ^^.
Banned
#37 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 5:20 AM
Maxis should start bowing down to the modders on this site Sreiously, how stupid can they get. Thanx for the mod, my families of 2 LOVE having leftovers
Bottoms up
Evie
Test Subject
#38 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 9:43 PM
Thanks so much! I rarely go above 6 sims on a lot, but my legacy household will be full soon, and cooking is a hassle. I plan to use this a lot.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 10:26 PM
You're the best!

By the time you read this you've already read it. ;)
Test Subject
#40 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 5:08 AM
crashed my game
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iputiput
crashed my game

What makes you say that?
I'm not doubting your game crashed, it's just that this is the first issue I've seen and I'm curious how you narrowed this mod down as the culprit.

Do you have other food-related mods?
Do you have any mods that alter cooking, serving or eating behaviors?
Do you have custom food that may be cloned?

Please be a little more descriptive.
Test Subject
#42 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 10:49 AM
Ahw, thank you. This is great. Not that I have 8 sims in my household, but I do like dinnerparties. Plus, I usually come one short if I use leftovers, so this is a welcome change.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 11:35 AM
Pretty logic. Thanks. ;]
Scholar
#44 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 6:58 PM
OMG, you RAWK! That was always so annoying to me, having to Serve Meal twice (or even three times) for my overpopulated households!
Test Subject
#45 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 1:32 PM
I downloaded yesterday and it doesn't work. at breakfast there were only 6 meals is only the dinner for 8?

Never try to gain authority before our leonberger! Deserve it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 9:26 PM
It should work for breakfast, lunch, dinner and desserts.
It's possible that you have another hack conflicting.
I'm not sure if it will help, but you could also try deleting Accessories.cache and Groups.cache from your Sims2 folder.
Test Subject
#47 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 12:00 AM
i don't have Accesories.cache..
anyway, it's wierd because it used to work. I installed this months ago and it was ok. I uninstalled the game due to some problems and now it's installed again and this thing won't work. Not even for dinner. I'm so upset I'll try deliting groups.cache. thanks!

Never try to gain authority before our leonberger! Deserve it.
Scholar
#48 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 4:14 PM
This is a brilliant hack and I really want it. However I have all of the serve meal fixes and hacks from Dickhurt and I'm not sure if this will conflict or not. Those hacks target where and how meals are served but not with quantity and there are no custom meals included. Any idea on conflict issues?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 1:12 AM
My file overrides the BCON files for individual foods and I think dickhurt's mostly affect the semi-globals and BHAVs.
I'm going to guess "no" on conflicts, Clashfan- with one possible exception.
The exception is the "twins fix." I know for a fact that the twin percentage is also included in the same BCON for cheesecake that contains the number of servings.
I don't think dickhurt modified it directly, but instead made a BHAV that creates an override.
What I would suggest is to either change file names or use subfolders so that dickhurt's hacks load second (alphabetically). You may not get 8 servings of cheesecake, but everything else should work OK.
PM me if that's not the case and I'll be happy to look more closely at the files and sort things out.
Scholar
#50 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 6:18 PM
Thanks for the quick response! Funny enough the "twins fix" is the only one I don't have. Thanks again for a great mod my large families will put it to good use! (I still will change the file name and have yours load first just in case.)
Page 2 of 4