Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 3:55 PM
Default Target NPC's over yonder
So my Investigator needed to go talk to a target and she happens to be waaaaay over there by some water, off the beaten path where my sim cannot tread. Looks to be a couple or three npc's stacked right there. Is there any way to move them back to civilization??
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 4:26 PM
You should be able to do this cheat:

resetSim [firstname] [lastname]

So if the target sim is Indiana Jones, you'd do:

resetSim Indiana Jones

I'm curious exactly where these sims are stuck and what 'hood it's in though. Can you get a screenshot? I've had a sneaking suspicion that there's some broken routing in Bridgeport that's contributing to the terrible lag people have been getting with it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 6:36 PM
Thanks! I'll try that asap. I did take a couple of screenies, not sure if they'll help, they're close ups. And yes, it's in Bridgeport.

Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
You should be able to do this cheat:

resetSim [firstname] [lastname]

So if the target sim is Indiana Jones, you'd do:

resetSim Indiana Jones

I'm curious exactly where these sims are stuck and what 'hood it's in though. Can you get a screenshot? I've had a sneaking suspicion that there's some broken routing in Bridgeport that's contributing to the terrible lag people have been getting with it.
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 6:45 PM
*squints* Hmm... what part of the map was that on? I would like to be able to open Bridgeport in CAW to look at the routing on that area (I bet they've got one little spot they forgot to paint) but, well, lumpy rocks and grass near the water is pretty much half the map, yanno?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
*squints* Hmm... what part of the map was that on? I would like to be able to open Bridgeport in CAW to look at the routing on that area (I bet they've got one little spot they forgot to paint) but, well, lumpy rocks and grass near the water is pretty much half the map, yanno?

Took a new one, this may be better:

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 6:55 PM
Sacred Spleen is right there in the middle.

Reset worked of course, and not sure if it's noteworthy but they were both Papparatzi.
retired moderator
#7 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 7:06 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 18th Nov 2010 at 7:28 PM.
That's perfect, thanks very much.

Edit: If THIS is what's causing a lot of the Bridgeport lag, I will laugh until I cough up a lung:

I'm guessing your sims teleported there for whatever reason, slid down the mountainside (the actual spots there are too steep for sims to stand on) and now are stuck.

Looking to see what I can do to fix it (if anything) now. The resetting is still a good idea, but by the looks of it, this issue will effect -everyone- playing Bridgeport. Gah.
retired moderator
#8 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 12:00 PM
I have a possible fix for this issue posted here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=425764

It has been tested by myself and one other person thus far and seems to be working fine, but I would appreciate more testers - especially those who have gotten sims stuck over yonder, and/or are experiencing inexplicable lag.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 2:55 PM
Way to get on it! thanks!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 3:43 PM
I'm not experiencing inexplicable lag but I am experiencing horrible routing. Any chance this could be the culprit?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 1:15 AM
HP,

I have an issue in bridgeport that causes sims to freeze behind other sims if they're walking/running too close to them, will your mod repair that? And if not can I safely install this http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=424586 or will they conflict with each other?
retired moderator
#12 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 10:19 AM
JNAS2006 - Questions regarding specific mods are usually best asked in the upload thread for them. No, I don't think my mod will fix the issue with them walking too close (never even seen that happen) - it just fixes some routing holes in the world. And no, it won't conflict with that other mod - that's a tuning mod. Mine is a replacement for Bridgeport's routing.