Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Resources for WA Worlds' Routing Fix (updated 2014.01.28)

by ellacharmed Posted 20th Jul 2011 at 10:57 AM - Updated 27th Jan 2014 at 4:23 PM by ellacharmed : disapearing lot fix

66 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 5:32 AM
Am looking into this.
Thanks for the pic. That narrows down exactly where I need to look.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#52 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 3:16 PM
Fixes for the Dragon's Maw routing error uploaded.
Before redownloading, please click on the magnifying-glass icon and check that the date stamp is listed as "01-09-2014", just to ensure the website's caches have caught up with the updated version.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 4:26 PM
Default Case of the Disappearing Lot
I made a mistake for France's fixes: included resources that were never edited and it made one Lot disappear and become a pool. Based on comment by glitch on http://ellacharmed.wordpress.com/2013/12/25/france/
Sorry for that...

I've updated with the corrected .zip for France. Please redownload.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 3:29 AM
I installed these and now I can't save if I'm playing in any of them even though I followed the installation instructions.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 12:49 PM
Saving while in a WA destination? Pull them back out to revert to the original WA worlds, either one by one or all of them at once if you encounter this issue with all three. Can the Save proceed with the Originals back in?

Are these on new Homeworld Saves; what's the Homeworld?
or a pre-existing-Save, but a new just-traveled-to-WA-destination-after-the-fixed-resources-are-imported?
And is it occurring on any and all Homeworld?

What S3PE version? Did you do them over, same result?
Or, have you also test with the .world files I supplied?
Alchemist
#56 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 3:24 AM
@ellacharmed: The terrain on the Dragon Springs is messed up. The entire lot is hardly playable by now, though the tomb is still playable assuming you can climb the stairs by teleportation, but the rest of the lot is hardly navigable.

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
#57 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 6:34 AM Last edited by TreyNutz : 6th Jan 2015 at 11:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
@ellacharmed: The terrain on the Dragon Springs is messed up. The entire lot is hardly playable by now, though the tomb is still playable assuming you can climb the stairs by teleportation, but the rest of the lot is hardly navigable.

If you load up the standard EA China and copy those lots (Dragon Springs and the other one with the pools of koi) to the bin, you can replace them in ellcharmed's version and they'll work fine. At least that worked in my game.

edit: actually the Hot Springs tomb failed to generate a relic for my sim to collect for the related adventure, after I replaced the lot. Dunno if replacing the lot had anything to do with the issue though.
Alchemist
#58 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 8:49 AM
I think Ellacharmed disabled routing on riverbanks in Champs Les Sims. I guess it's so that you don't cheat to the little island by swimming or boating, but this caused my Sims unable to fish in the river! I think it's a better decision to just disable routing along the edge of the island instead of the whole riverbanks.

Just call me Nikel
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 30th May 2015 at 5:04 PM
issue noted
Noted @nikel23's issue report. Don't know when I'll get to my desktop PC, but I've jotted this down in my Project notes. Thanks so much for the images!

Oh! Re: the riverbanks? No fishing along all of them, now?
Alchemist
#60 Old 31st May 2015 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
Noted nikel23's issue report. Don't know when I'll get to my desktop PC, but I've jotted this down in my Project notes. Thanks so much for the images!

Oh! Re: the riverbanks? No fishing along all of them, now?

Ah, thank you for noticing my post! At least I can be certain that you're aware of this issue now.

Yes, I cannot fish on the riverbanks at all. The edges just next to the riverbanks are unroutable when I hover my pointer around there. For this reason, I used the original Champs Les Sims, and as far as I remember, the last time I played (around 3-4 weeks ago), I could fish on the riverbank just fine.

Just call me Nikel
Alchemist
#61 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 9:41 AM
I just went to Egypt, and I found out that the routing on the water edges are also blocked, which disallows my Sims to swim, boat, or fish in the sea.

Just call me Nikel
Theorist
#62 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23

Oh why oh why didn't I read this whole thread before? I just downloaded these a few weeks ago and yesterday had Sims in China and this is EXACTLY the mess I encountered and this was just one of the lots with problems. This needs either fixed or removed from downloads.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 12:37 AM
Was this issue ever resolved, or has the creator stopped supporting the upload?

I never played China enough to get to the Hot Springs adventure until now and it's all messed up! It's been ages since I originally downloaded this and I'm on my third generation of sims on epic lifespan since then, so I'm not really interested in redownloading and having to start a new game, just to find that it's never been fixed.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#64 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 3:15 AM
Working on it, having some technical difficulties. The main primary PC is acting up, and I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot. Having to save money to get replacement parts for my 6-year-old hardware have delayed the timetable...

Thank you for your patience...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 3:31 PM
I have a question... if I just downloaded the files for these 3 worlds from your blog today, do I still need to do this as well? Or were the files on your blog already updated with it?
Test Subject
#66 Old 26th Feb 2020 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
Working on it, having some technical difficulties. The main primary PC is acting up, and I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot. Having to save money to get replacement parts for my 6-year-old hardware have delayed the timetable...

Thank you for your patience...

Looks like this was never fixed? Should I just use your France and Egypt fixes?
Test Subject
#67 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 8:26 PM
WHAT? Is this for us to do manually or does this 'mod' do it automatically
Page 3 of 3