Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Visitors, Stay off my stuff!

by Neder Posted 24th Jan 2009 at 11:37 AM - Updated 21st Mar 2014 at 10:00 PM by Neder : Edited to add Career Object to Mods

63 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#51 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 3:10 PM
thank you so much! Greatly needed mod, if you ask me. I'm looking forward to my simmy visitors not being so pesky!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#52 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 4:39 PM
omg i always always hated this when visitors used my sims musical instruments not even being able to play them arghh. thank you for this mod, but is there a mod to keep visitor sims off guitars and pianos?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 3:26 AM
Upthread I mention "no buskers" from MATY. It's what I have always used, both before and after I made this hack. I'm pretty sure that there are others available as well (maybe 2jeffs and/or Cyjon).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#54 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 4:14 AM
I always thought it was extremely annoying how random people stopped by, totally just barged in and started surfing the web on my sims computer. Now it is fixed thanks!
Forum Resident
#55 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 1:32 PM
It appears that StayOffMyBarre only affects the Basic Barre from Buy mode, not the freestanding barre that's a career reward. At least, I had a visiting Sim try to use the freestanding barre, even though I have the mod installed.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#56 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 3:10 PM
That is correct.
I never added it to begin with and have been meaning to correct the oversight.
Thanks for giving me the impetus to do so.
I have added the file "StayOffMyCareerBarre."
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#57 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 10:56 PM
Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 5:22 PM
I may be a bit late, but FINALLY! I like sometimes to play Sims 2 again, and this bugs me a LOT! They're glued to my computer and I CAN'T USE IT FOR HOURS!

Thankies.
Forum Resident
#59 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 2:32 PM
I know this is very late, but has anyone else noticed that having the basic barre and violin mods make the barres and violin on the Music hobby lot unselectable?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#60 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dharden
I know this is very late, but has anyone else noticed that having the basic barre and violin mods make the barres and violin on the Music hobby lot unselectable?

Wow. Fixed now, thanks.
Forum Resident
#61 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neder
Wow. Fixed now, thanks.

Wow, indeed. Thank you, Neder, I will re-download and replace.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 2:25 PM
My god this was so beyond necessary that I can't believe EA didn't build it into the game itself.
I think I have every mod you've made. lol.
Instructor
#63 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 3:31 PM
This is very useful!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#64 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 3:28 PM
omg this is so funny to use it in my game
Page 3 of 3