Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

LotAdjuster 3.6 (Updated May 23, 2013)

by Mootilda Posted 3rd Jan 2010 at 1:07 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:09 PM by Nysha

382 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 328 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 16
Test Subject
#76 Old 2nd May 2010 at 8:53 PM Last edited by iFax : 3rd May 2010 at 10:46 AM.
Thanks so much. Just needed to unistall a few things. c:

All is working now.
Cheers again.

c:
#77 Old 3rd May 2010 at 7:52 PM
Just a quick note to let you know that your advice re the dormatory worked a charm. Too bad I cannot replicate the procedure on Mountainside Manor, there being no terrain anywhere else that even comes close to matching what would be required. This might also help with another house I had problems with, though. Thanks.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Site Helper
Original Poster
#78 Old 4th May 2010 at 1:04 AM
If worse comes to worse, you could make a backup of your neighborhood, move Mountainside Manor anywhere to reset it (allowing it to deform the hood terrain), move it back to the original location, then use HoodReplace to replace the deformed terrain with the correct (backup) terrain.
#79 Old 4th May 2010 at 7:44 PM
Oooh, clever idea!

On the other hand, there are precious few locations where even *that* might work, due to the proximity of other houses. Still, it *might* be worth a try...

FYI, Mountainside Manor is a *VERY* steep hillside lot, and the side road is fairly high-grade as well. Then too, I put a fair amount of effort into manually "regenerating" the roads with some downloaded road tiles I have, which was rather awkward, seeing as I had to use temporary walls in the inclined roadway to prevent the "flooring" from trying to flatten the road. I suppose the CFE cheat might have helped, but I don`t know how to use it. ::shrug:: At the time it was adjusted, MM was unoccupied, but now is where my two Sasquatch and their Servo reside. [It looks more like a sparse forest than a house.]

Site Helper
Original Poster
#80 Old 18th May 2010 at 5:09 PM
Default How to Fix Crashing Beach Lots
Beach lots are notorious for crashing if the slope of the land from the road to the water is not identical to the slope used when the lot was created. They can also crash if you turn them in a direction which is different than their default rotation; ie, the direction that the lot is facing when you first take it out of the lot bin.

This can be resolved using the LotAdjuster to adjust the lot edges to match the existing neighborhood terrain. First, backup your neighborhood, in case you aren't happy with the results. Then, run the LotAdjuster and select your neighborhood and lot; don't type in any amount to expand or shrink the lot, just click on the Finish button. Then, run the game and enter the lot.

If you want to ensure that the portal locations are maintained, especially the location of the mailbox and garbage can, then you'll need to do something slightly different. Run the LotAdjuster and select your neighborhood and lot; don't type in any amount to expand or shrink the lot. Click on the Advanced button to gain access to the option that you require. Check the box entitled: Place Portals Manually. You might also want to ensure that Lot Edges is set to Neighborhood. Then click on the Finish button, run the game and enter the lot.
Test Subject
#81 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 9:11 PM
im not sure but i think 8 tiles across is 1 lots size across, meaning
8 across 8 along would be 1x1, but what if i have one extra tile , can i not take tiles of one by one rather than a chunk that will either take out half of my house or make me need to redo it?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#82 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kureigu
im not sure but i think 8 tiles across is 1 lots size across, meaning
8 across 8 along would be 1x1, but what if i have one extra tile , can i not take tiles of one by one rather than a chunk that will either take out half of my house or make me need to redo it?
A 1x1 lot is 10 tiles wide and 10 tiles deep, not 8x8.

You can remove any number of tiles on any side of the lot, but the lot must end up as a multiple of 10 tiles in each direction. This is not a requirement of the LotAdjuster; it's a requirement of the game and the LotAdjuster just enforces the requirement so that you don't destroy your lot or neighborhood.
Test Subject
#83 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 4:27 PM
does it have to be a multiple of 10, ie 10x40
coz i need it to be 9x39 haha.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#84 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 4:59 PM
Yes, it must be a multiple of 10. This is a requirement of the game. Lots which are not multiples of 10 will cause problems in the game.

I could easily remove the checks in the LotAdjuster; it doesn't mind creating oddly-sized lots. However, the checks exist to keep you from having problem when you run the game.
Test Subject
#85 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 5:48 PM
that would be great if you could do that!
thanks alot
Site Helper
Original Poster
#86 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 6:44 PM
Can I ask why you need your lot to be 9 x 39, rather than 10 x 40? Surely you could just ignore the extraneous tile?
Test Subject
#87 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 6:50 PM
well im making my local area on the sims and where i live we have terrace houses that are all the same in size. i made a house that would be duplicated across the streets and wanted it as close to the real thing as i could, any other size smaller or bigger makes the house way to big or way to small and it wouldnt look right with an extra tile. thats the main reason really.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#88 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 6:59 PM
The neighborhood only allows placement on major vertices, which means that you won't be able to place these lots any closer together, even if you make them smaller. At least if the lots are a multiple of 10, then you have control over what is placed into that extra tile.
Test Subject
#89 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 7:01 PM
ah.. alryt nevermind!
ill just have to extend it slightly so its a mutiple of 10.
Thanks anyway, and great program.
#90 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 7:43 PM
Mootilda, does LA have any issues with owned community lots? A couple days ago I attempted to adjust a business lot to include the road along the side of the building, and while LA had no problems with its end of the operation, I was unable to regenerate the roads at all. The lot in question is Inner Child Toys and Gifts, and it is owned by Sanjay Ramaswami. After running the lot through LA and before playing, I attempted to enter the lot to make the "build-mode change" [which I rarely bother going into build mode to make], and naturaly I was unable to do so. I`m sure you know why. I then tried to regenerate the roads without having regenerated the lot imposter first, obviously without any success. I moved the neighborhood decorations out of the way first, and tried moving the lot to other locations, and none of it helped. I suppose I should have tried again to regenerate the roads *after* playing, but I didn`t think to do so. Instead, I ran LA again to undo the changes I had done. [I couldn`t just revert to backup because I had made changes to the lot during play.]

I doubt that the Lot Adjuster itself is the cause of my issues, but I find myself wondering if there are any issues with the in-game portion of the adjustment not working correctly for owned businesses, and I`m hoping that you could suggest something to add the side road successfully.

Speaking of using the LA on non-Residential lots, I have used it on Oasis Dormitory in La Fiesta Tech, and quite successfully, if I may say so.

Site Helper
Original Poster
#91 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 9:19 PM
I'm afraid that it's been a very long time since I've played an owned community lot. I don't know of any specific issues with owned lots, but I suppose that I can try this myself if you'd like.
Alchemist
#92 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 6:21 AM
I've got a number of owned and non-owned comm lots in my current hood, all of them adjusted with LA. I've seen no issues. I haven't tried adding an extra road, but they have been shrunk and expanded, and probably occasionally moved in space.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#93 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 4:59 PM
Did you have to send your sim to the business in order to make the build change?
#94 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 8:16 PM
I`m sure that aelflaed did, as there appears to be no other way to do it.

Does the "build-mode change" have to be done *before* the road-regeneration phase? I doubt it, but if it does, that might explain my inability to place that lot *any*where despite several suitable locations being available.

Have you made any progress --intentional or otherwise-- towards the possibility of LA itself regenerating the roads?

Edit: aelflaed, is there any chance that one of the owned business lots you`ve successfully adjusted is adding the side road to Inner Child Toys and Gifts, as I posted about above?

Site Helper
Original Poster
#95 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 9:53 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 15th Jun 2010 at 7:06 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
Does the "build-mode change" have to be done *before* the road-regeneration phase? I doubt it, but if it does, that might explain my inability to place that lot *any*where despite several suitable locations being available.
Yes, it does. To regenerate the roads, you need to pick up the correctly-regenerated lot impostor. The build mode change convinces the game to regenerate the lot impostor.

Have you made any progress --intentional or otherwise-- towards the possibility of LA itself regenerating the roads?
Quick answer: Yes, I've made progress, but not enough to implement this yet.

Long answer: I'm moving this discussion to the research thread, since this whole issue requires more research.
#96 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 8:00 PM
"Yes, it does. To regenerate the roads, you need to pick up the correctly-regenerated lot impostor. The build mode change convinces the game to regenerate the lot impostor."
Oh. That`s good to know. Could that explain my inability to place the expanded lot ANYwhere despite the availability of several suitable candidate locations?

"I'm moving this discussion to the research thread, since this whole issue requires more research."
Hokay. See you there.

Site Helper
Original Poster
#97 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 9:07 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 16th Jun 2010 at 4:47 PM.
Could that explain my inability to place the expanded lot ANYwhere despite the availability of several suitable candidate locations?
That's correct. If you've expanded the lot and have not made a build change, then the lot will not be able to be placed anywhere in the neighborhood.

Have you considered placing the road tiles yourself? I believe that making the road tiles accessible is quite a simple change that you can make using Notepad to remove "NotInCatalog" from the road tiles in Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\FloorPatterns.txt. Be sure to backup this file before making the changes.

All of the road tile patterns come with the base game, so you'll only need to change that one text file.
#98 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 8:01 PM
No, I had *not* considered that; I didn`t know it *could* be done that way; I thought I`d have to use a set of road tiles I`ve downloaded that don`t *quite* match the in-game tiles. I believe that I will make that change anyway, as I find it quite annoying that the game refuses me access to them. As for recommending making backups first, you`re not preaching to the choir, you`re preaching to the minister!

...except I found the file in D:\Programs\Maxis\Sims2\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\ on my machine.

[Fake edit:] Ok, done. I enabled the sidewalk tile, the pool tiles, and both the European and non-European road tiles.

Reviewing the situation, I would like to suggest a modification to the procedure that would apply only to owned community lots: in the section that requires the "build mode" change, note that this must be done while a member of the owning family is present on the lot, as the requisite tools are not available otherwise. I now believe that had I just played the lot [making the needed change during play] and NOT undone the Lot Adjuster adjustments, I would have been able to seat the lot correctly afterwards. I will try this the next time an owned lot comes up for adjusting, and drop you a quick note to confirm that I`ve correctly identified my blind spot.

Site Helper
Original Poster
#99 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 10:36 PM
I'm still looking into having the LotAdjuster regenerate the roads, but I thought that might be an interim solution for you.

Reviewing the situation, I would like to suggest a modification to the procedure that would apply only to owned community lots: in the section that requires the "build mode" change, note that this must be done while a member of the owning family is present on the lot, as the requisite tools are not available otherwise.
Good idea. Thanks.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#100 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 1:34 AM
Default New Version 3.3 Available.
Several requested enhancements (pave roads, change apartment lot class, family name in lot selection screen) and several bug fixes. Please re-download. See the release history for further information.
Page 4 of 16