Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

HQ Texture Converter - version 2.7.0.0 - updated 2/14/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 23rd Nov 2018 at 8:35 PM - Updated 14th Feb 2023 at 5:12 PM by CmarNYC : New version upload

247 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 219 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 10
Test Subject
#126 Old 3rd May 2019 at 7:51 PM Last edited by kimmywestbrooks : 3rd May 2019 at 8:08 PM.
Default Questions
So I have two questions:
1. Will this work on merged files?
2. Will this work on furniture/build mode cc?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#127 Old 4th May 2019 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kimmywestbrooks
So I have two questions:
1. Will this work on merged files?
2. Will this work on furniture/build mode cc?

1. Probably but I haven't tried it.
2. No. Only clothing, which is what the HQ mod affects.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#128 Old 4th May 2019 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
1. Probably but I haven't tried it.
2. No. Only clothing, which is what the HQ mod affects.

Thank you! The only reason I ask about build mode objects is because my cc is very mixed up in my Mods folder so I was wondering if accidentally running them through the converter would mess with my game?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#129 Old 5th May 2019 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kimmywestbrooks
Thank you! The only reason I ask about build mode objects is because my cc is very mixed up in my Mods folder so I was wondering if accidentally running them through the converter would mess with my game?

I don't think objects use the same image formats as CAS items. However, I can't say for sure so keep backup copies.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#130 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 4:57 PM
Hi! If I don't have converted textures for certain items, will they just look bad, have a black texture or crash the game? I was just checking the HQ mod at https://alf-si.tumblr.com and noticed it doesn't have download links for all the expansions I have. Tried googling around and couldn't find any hq conversions to download. Should I not use the hq mod until I find them? If so, could someone point me there? Thanks!

P.S.: I'm missing hq links for these packs (maybe they don't have textures that need converting?): Life Of The Party, Awesome Animal Hats, Up All Night, P.R.I.M.A. 3000, Strangerville
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#131 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by petronius
Hi! If I don't have converted textures for certain items, will they just look bad, have a black texture or crash the game? I was just checking the HQ mod at https://alf-si.tumblr.com and noticed it doesn't have download links for all the expansions I have. Tried googling around and couldn't find any hq conversions to download. Should I not use the hq mod until I find them? If so, could someone point me there? Thanks!

P.S.: I'm missing hq links for these packs (maybe they don't have textures that need converting?): Life Of The Party, Awesome Animal Hats, Up All Night, P.R.I.M.A. 3000, Strangerville

If a sim has any clothing, hair, accessories etc. with non-HQ textures, the entire sim will be flat black.

At least some of those packs are fairly recent and maybe no one's converted them yet, or maybe no one who makes conversions has them. The HQ mod page has instructions on which game packages to convert, and you could try making your own conversions.

Test Subject
#132 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 1:44 PM
Hi .. recently happened that the program gave again the error "Out of memory" while I tried to convert some files .. how can I solve? thank you so much! (sry for my really bad english :c )
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#133 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by playwithliife
Hi .. recently happened that the program gave again the error "Out of memory" while I tried to convert some files .. how can I solve? thank you so much! (sry for my really bad english :c )

If you're using the 32-bit version this is just going to happen with big packages.

If you're using the 64-bit version it could still happen if your system doesn't have enough memory to process these very large images. If you'll upload or link to the package you're trying to convert I can test it on my computer.

Test Subject
#134 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 11:03 PM
I just wanted to say this definitely works on Mac and I was able to get all of my mods converted, thank you so much!
Test Subject
#135 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 2:46 PM
If you're using the 32-bit version this is just going to happen with big packages.

If you're using the 64-bit version it could still happen if your system doesn't have enough memory to process these very large images. If you'll upload or link to the package you're trying to convert I can test it on my computer.

I was trying to convert this Leah Lilith's hair when the program gave me the error! But he also did it with some hair from Nightcrawler
Test Subject
#136 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 6:19 AM
ive tried this and converted all my cc(no build items only cas) now my game wont launch :/ help :[
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#137 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by playwithliife
I was trying to convert this Leah Lilith's hair when the program gave me the error! But he also did it with some hair from Nightcrawler

Sorry I didn't see this before! That hair converted with no problems on my computer. If you're getting memory errors I'm afraid these conversions are just a problem on your computer. You can try closing everything else running and try again.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#138 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lynnie07
ive tried this and converted all my cc(no build items only cas) now my game wont launch :/ help :[

Resized textures are very unlikely to cause the game to not start. You should go over the HQ mod instructions and make sure you set up everything correctly.

Test Subject
#139 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 3:36 PM
Resized textures are very unlikely to cause the game to not start. You should go over the HQ mod instructions and make sure you set up everything correctly.

Oh wow thank you for responding so quickly! :] I read over the instructions many times and i still don't know whats wrong. I tried to do the 50/50 method with my cc, i'm thinking maybe it has to do with a certain CC cause it started when i took my hair HQ folder out and my miscellaneous HQ folder out. is it possible that maybe theres a build item thats preventing it to start? Im gonna look through it again mean while do you have any suggestions as to what i should do? Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond!!

EDIT: Also while running the program I left everything at default
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#140 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lynnie07
Oh wow thank you for responding so quickly! :] I read over the instructions many times and i still don't know whats wrong. I tried to do the 50/50 method with my cc, i'm thinking maybe it has to do with a certain CC cause it started when i took my hair HQ folder out and my miscellaneous HQ folder out. is it possible that maybe theres a build item thats preventing it to start? Im gonna look through it again mean while do you have any suggestions as to what i should do? Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond!!

EDIT: Also while running the program I left everything at default

No problem!

If your game started with the EA HQ replacement textures and CC HQ clothing in your mods folder (I'm assuming) and of course the HQ graphics adjustments, that indicates it's a package in either your hairs or miscellaneous folders and you'll have to keep narrowing it down by putting only one of them in, then when you know which folder it is put in half the packages in the folder, etc. It's tedious but the only reliable way.

Test Subject
#141 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 5:39 AM Last edited by Dwjlien : 15th Aug 2019 at 6:45 AM. Reason: Formatting
Also like the above poster, running this tool DID cause my game not to launch.

The problem was in some build/buy items and objects, did thousands of CAS items, fine, but maybe 200 build objects resulted in 10 broken files. 50/50 allowed me to find them, and the problem files were broken when I tried to open them in Sims4Studio.
EG:

Code:
The Sims 4 Studio - Version 3.1.2.6
System.IO.InvalidDataException: Found invalid data while decoding.
   at S4Studio.Data.IO.Locale.StringTable.Read(Stream stream, IReferenceList resources)
   at S4Studio.Data.IO.Package.DBPFPackage.FetchResource(Type t, IDBPFResourcePointer index, Boolean nocache)
   at S4Studio.Data.IO.Package.DBPFPackage.FetchResource[T](IDBPFResourcePointer index, Boolean nocache)
   at S4Studio.Data.IO.Package.DBPFPackage.FetchResource[T](IDBPFResourcePointer index)
   at S4Studio.Data.IO.Locale.StringTableManager.FixLanguageSTBL(IDBPFPackage package)
   at S4Studio.Data.IO.Locale.StringTableManager.Init()
   at S4Studio.Data.IO.Locale.StringTableManager..ctor(IDBPFPackage localPackage)
   at S4Studio.ViewModels.Generic.CatalogSims4CustomContent..ctor(IWindow window, IResourceProvider remoteSource, IDBPFPackage localPackage, UInt64 prototype_id, Type type)
   at S4Studio.ViewModels.Generic.BuyBuildSims4CustomContent..ctor(IWindow window, IResourceProvider remoteSource, IDBPFPackage localPackage, UInt64 prototype_id, Type type)
   at S4Studio.ViewModels.Generic.BuyBuildSims4CustomContent`1..ctor(IWindow window, IResourceProvider remoteSource, IDBPFPackage localPackage, UInt64 prototype_id)
   at S4Studio.ViewModels.ObjectCustomContentViewModel..ctor(IWindow window, IResourceProvider globalFiles, IDBPFPackage localPackage, UInt64 prototype_id)
   at S4Studio.Shared.StudioDocumentModel.LoadViewModel()
   at S4Studio.Shared.StudioDocumentModel.set_Package(IDBPFPackage value)
   at S4Studio.MainWindow.LoadProject(String full_path)

I am attaching a zip file with 3 examples of packages 'damaged' by the HQ converter, and additionaly their working PRE converter versions.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rk9k...version.7z/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/asqa..._Pre_HQ.7z/file
Just to be clear I'm sharing this just in case you want some examples, might illuminate something. I don't want /need you to anything, just sharing just in case it helps you. :p
Instructor
#142 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 10:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dwjlien
Also like the above poster, running this tool DID cause my game not to launch.

The problem was in some build/buy items and objects, did thousands of CAS items, fine, but maybe 200 build objects resulted in 10 broken files. 50/50 allowed me to find them, and the problem files were broken when I tried to open them in Sims4Studio.
EG:

Code:
The Sims 4 Studio - Version 3.1.2.6
System.IO.InvalidDataException: Found invalid data while decoding.
   at S4Studio.Data.IO.Locale.StringTable.Read(Stream stream, IReferenceList resources)
   at S4Studio.Data.IO.Package.DBPFPackage.FetchResource(Type t, IDBPFResourcePointer index, Boolean nocache)
   at S4Studio.Data.IO.Package.DBPFPackage.FetchResource[T](IDBPFResourcePointer index, Boolean nocache)
   at S4Studio.Data.IO.Package.DBPFPackage.FetchResource[T](IDBPFResourcePointer index)
   at S4Studio.Data.IO.Locale.StringTableManager.FixLanguageSTBL(IDBPFPackage package)
   at S4Studio.Data.IO.Locale.StringTableManager.Init()
   at S4Studio.Data.IO.Locale.StringTableManager..ctor(IDBPFPackage localPackage)
   at S4Studio.ViewModels.Generic.CatalogSims4CustomContent..ctor(IWindow window, IResourceProvider remoteSource, IDBPFPackage localPackage, UInt64 prototype_id, Type type)
   at S4Studio.ViewModels.Generic.BuyBuildSims4CustomContent..ctor(IWindow window, IResourceProvider remoteSource, IDBPFPackage localPackage, UInt64 prototype_id, Type type)
   at S4Studio.ViewModels.Generic.BuyBuildSims4CustomContent`1..ctor(IWindow window, IResourceProvider remoteSource, IDBPFPackage localPackage, UInt64 prototype_id)
   at S4Studio.ViewModels.ObjectCustomContentViewModel..ctor(IWindow window, IResourceProvider globalFiles, IDBPFPackage localPackage, UInt64 prototype_id)
   at S4Studio.Shared.StudioDocumentModel.LoadViewModel()
   at S4Studio.Shared.StudioDocumentModel.set_Package(IDBPFPackage value)
   at S4Studio.MainWindow.LoadProject(String full_path)

I am attaching a zip file with 3 examples of packages 'damaged' by the HQ converter, and additionaly their working PRE converter versions.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rk9k...version.7z/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/asqa..._Pre_HQ.7z/file
Just to be clear I'm sharing this just in case you want some examples, might illuminate something. I don't want /need you to anything, just sharing just in case it helps you. :p

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you guys ever read the mod info??

"The tool should only be run on packages that include only CAS parts (clothing, hair, accessories, makeup, skins, etc.). Running it on packages containing other CC might possibly result in textures of the wrong size."

It's NOT for build/buy objects - Convert CAS files ONLY.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#143 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 2:13 PM
Thanks, LuvMySimz. Dwjlien, the STBLs (the file defining text for the CC) in those converted packages are corrupted. Since: my program doesn't touch that type of resource, I ran the HQ Converter on the originals in both individual and batch mode and my conversions are fine, and in fact the originals and my converted packages are identical - I can only conclude that something else corrupted the STBLs in your converted packages.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#144 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 2:04 PM
SUPERB!!!
Test Subject
#145 Old 3rd Oct 2019 at 11:54 AM
Silly question, I did search for the term Suffix in the thread but it did not return a result, is there a way to either temp or perm change the addition of HQ and NonHQ from conversions, just I have a ton, I completely understand the desirability of labelling conversions but for personal use this would be greatly beneficial for me.

I had a brief look in "TS4HQConverter.exe.config" & "TS4HQConverter.exe.manifest" with Notepad++ without much success.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#146 Old 3rd Oct 2019 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DownloadBlocking
Silly question, I did search for the term Suffix in the thread but it did not return a result, is there a way to either temp or perm change the addition of HQ and NonHQ from conversions, just I have a ton, I completely understand the desirability of labelling conversions but for personal use this would be greatly beneficial for me.

I had a brief look in "TS4HQConverter.exe.config" & "TS4HQConverter.exe.manifest" with Notepad++ without much success.

Are you asking whether the addition of 'HQ' or 'non-HQ' to the file names for converted packages can be changed? Of course it can, but why?

Patching the executable won't work as far as I know.

Test Subject
#147 Old 4th Oct 2019 at 1:45 PM Last edited by DownloadBlocking : 4th Oct 2019 at 6:35 PM. Reason: Update text
UPDATE: Sorry, no longer needed, I wasn't thinking, I just used powershell admin with the argument.

Code:
get-childitem *.package | foreach { rename-item -LiteralPath $_ $_.Name.Replace("HQ.package", ".package") }

Thanks though.

Are you asking whether the addition of 'HQ' or 'non-HQ' to the file names for converted packages can be changed? Of course it can, but why?

Patching the executable won't work as far as I know.

Just I've found by adding a suffix it seems to confuse Tray Importer when searching for mods, at least it seems to.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#148 Old 20th Dec 2019 at 2:05 AM
Nice work, thanks.
Test Subject
#149 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 9:43 AM
I was wondering If It's ok to just put my whole mod folder, My files are divided by the creators and not the function and items (as of objects etc, all of them are mixed) Is it ok if I just put all of them? Will it give any issue because it also contain objects? I tried it with object but it doesn't change the size of the texture and such so I should be doing fine or It'll break the pakcage? I've already converted 90% of my CC, I hope that this was ok to do because I really don't want to start over or anything... (I have +80GB worth of mods..)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#150 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 10:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gauax
I was wondering If It's ok to just put my whole mod folder, My files are divided by the creators and not the function and items (as of objects etc, all of them are mixed) Is it ok if I just put all of them? Will it give any issue because it also contain objects? I tried it with object but it doesn't change the size of the texture and such so I should be doing fine or It'll break the pakcage? I've already converted 90% of my CC, I hope that this was ok to do because I really don't want to start over or anything... (I have +80GB worth of mods..)

As far as I know it should just skip objects and so on, so it should work. However, I haven't tested it on objects so I can't say for sure. Try it, but keep a backup of your saved games and your original mods, just in case.

Page 6 of 10