Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 2:26 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Apartments
So I just built this duplex in Sims 2. I changed the lot type to apartment, no error message popped up, so I thought everything is fine. Though, when I went to neighborhood view, it only shows that there is ONE apartment unit (obviously there should be two). I checked everything, if the walls are built correctly, if the doors are correct, everything seems alright. So, what's the problem?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 2:50 PM
Could you provide a top down, walls up screenshot of your apartment? That way we can see what might be wrong.
Did you use changelotzoning apartmentbase as your cheat to rezone?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Could you provide a top down, walls up screenshot of your apartment? That way we can see what might be wrong.
Did you use changelotzoning apartmentbase as your cheat to rezone?

Sure thing. Also, yes I did use the said cheat.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 4:22 PM
You're going to have to zoom in, and also use a higher resolution screenshot. Unfortunately I can't see any detail on the pictures you posted.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
You're going to have to zoom in, and also use a higher resolution screenshot. Unfortunately I can't see any detail on the pictures you posted.

Should be better now.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 4:59 PM
So you might find that custom spiral stairs don't work very well in apartments, I've heard others mention that (cusrom arches and diagonal arches/ doors seem to be problematic, too).
Also, you have a garage door which is seen as a portal (sims can go through it), so it's probable that the apartment boundary isn't demarcated properly, in the same way as if you have an outside door.
Is the door at the back of the ground floor level fenced off too?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 5:20 PM
I suspect that the problem is the back yard access. If I understand the rule correctly, the opening to an enclosed exterior space has to be on the same level as the main apartment access; if you want a ground-level yard with an apartment entrance a level above it, you need to do technical jittery-pokery with invisible fences.

The easiest fix is probably to abandon the above- ground entrances and put the unique separator door on the hall next to the garage.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 7:21 PM
Oh, is there a fence between the garage and the stairs in that wall gap? If so then disregard what I said about the garage.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Dec 2022 at 10:10 PM
I could show how to fix the issues you're having when I can get into my game to build my own apartment lot as I've managed to get apartment with garages and outdoor spaces like my trailer park which has second doors leading out of the rrailers with room divider around the exra doors and garages with a seperate entry hall at ground level with the apartment door to enter for each rental unit.I should get those properties placed in my game and take pictures to show ones already built.