Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Watch TV from all chairs

by MogHughson Posted 29th Nov 2011 at 4:44 PM - Updated 29th Nov 2011 at 11:24 PM by MogHughson

206 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 154 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 9
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 1:35 PM
this is great, but how can i put the chair in the first picture like that?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 1:39 PM
Thanks a million for this! It's really annoying and strange that if the couch is positioned against a wall,a Sim will stand in front of the couch to watch TV, thus blocking a sitting Sim's view. Now my Sims can sit on that lovely unused sofa and watch TV together as a family.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 1:41 PM
I have always wanted something like this; Thank you so much!!
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 1:42 PM Last edited by MogHughson : 30th Nov 2011 at 3:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
So it looks like it does conflict. Now I have to choose which one I want. Here's where the mod I have comes from: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,92659.0.html
I can take a look into merging them in some way, perhaps so that if there is no chair to use they will then use this mods function.
Quote: Originally posted by peggyswan
You may have already thought of it, but would it be possible if all seats are taken, then the sim will choose to sit on the floor?
Certainly I can look into something. Watch this space.
Quote: Originally posted by Gwenke33
I also have the sit-on-floor hack and would love to have them combined as peggyswan suggested.
Looking into it since it seems a popular suggestion.

EDIT: I believe they could be merged. Just awaiting an answer from Squinge that he is ok with that.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#55 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 1:44 PM
This is fantastic! <3 Thank you so much
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by deutssa93
this is great, but how can i put the chair in the first picture like that?
Use the cheat boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true, and then use < and > keys to turn object 45 degrees.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 4:09 PM
ok, thank you very much MogHugson
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#58 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 4:12 PM
How do I love thee? Oh, let me count the ways! :lovestruc This was one of those annoying Maxis things I thought I'd have to live with for the rest of my Simming life. Thank you!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#59 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 7:20 PM
Thank you so much for fixing one of my pet peeves about the game!
Field Researcher
#60 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MogHughson
I believe they could be merged. Just awaiting an answer from Squinge that he is ok with that.

I hope he is. Squinge hasn't always been very willing to *play nice* with others in the past, but I do hope he "lets" you try combining the two mods, as that would be terrific!

*hope hope hope*

**** Leader of the MoonBats! ****
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#61 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 8:54 PM
Thank you so much!!!!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#62 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 8:59 PM
Something much needed! Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 11:20 PM
I love this !!! Thank You so much :lovestruc
Instructor
THANKS POST
#64 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 11:34 PM
I had never heard of you before today, but after this, I will never forget!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 2:09 AM
All of the above a hundred times over!!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you...*sigh of bliss and relief*...thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#66 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 3:22 AM
Thanks a million!!!! My quads can finally all watch tv with their parents on the giant sectional I built them. Amazing how such a "simple" design feature can totally affect your enjoyment of the game. Again, brilliant!

I only discovered this game a year ago. I still spend an embarrassing amount of time playing. Without having my game hacked and modded to the nuts it just wouldn't be the escapism it is. Thanks for continuing to keep Sims 2 going. I'll be so sad if it becomes obsolete.

Now if only the BV tents could be fixed.....
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#67 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 4:15 AM
This is excellent! I absolutely cannot thank you enough for this! :D

But here it is: Thank you!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#68 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 5:03 AM
Do you know how awesome your mod is?? I am looking mod like this since Sims 2 base game came out!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#69 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 6:04 AM
Absolutely perfect and I want to add my grateful thanks like the others. Amazing and so necessary!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 8:15 AM
WOW! Thank you so much, i cant wait to try this out! A wonderful improvement to game play..thanks again.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 8:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hweldon81
Now if only the BV tents could be fixed.....
What's in need of fixing?

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#72 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 1:57 PM
Thank you! It's always bugged me that sims have to face the tv to watch it.
Instructor
#73 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zirconia Wolf
I hope he is. Squinge hasn't always been very willing to *play nice* with others in the past, but I do hope he "lets" you try combining the two mods, as that would be terrific!

*hope hope hope*

It's not like somebody owned an idea because they wrote a piece of code for it first. 'I've looked at their code and created something similar' would be all that's required, methinks.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#74 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 7:24 PM
yay! somebody is amazing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#75 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 12:07 AM
This is wonderful! Just how it should always have been, thank you very much!
Page 3 of 9