Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#11076 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
Ok I'm wondering if they made it so that farming can gain fitness or something, because my sims gets ripped after like 2 weeks of farming without any gym time.

That is actually very true in real life, I'm currently following a single woman farmer on YouTube owning sheep, alpacas, five dogs and 3 cats and she is always having huge meals, cakes, strawberries, cream, and all and still looks slim and fit. Takes it all in her stride.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11077 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
You're really asking for a pack they decided to make about being friends with farm animals?

Absolutely.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#11078 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Absolutely.

I guess because it's made by the same people who created an artificial meat wall with Eco Lifestyle, or decided that people who use dog houses for their dogs are terrible people. Can't have you actually killing our cow friends, now can we?

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11079 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 3:17 AM
I guess because it's made by the same people who created an artificial meat wall with Eco Lifestyle, or decided that people who use dog houses for their dogs are terrible people. Can't have you actually killing our cow friends, now can we?

The same people who though dog houses were cruel is okay with rabbits living in old logs.

Again, you can buy a bunny from rabbit from debug and place it. You effectively own it but it needs a “habitat,” which is a tree stump. It can stay in a dirty surrounded by bugs, but not in a wall maintained cage or home?

Top Secret Researcher
#11080 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 5:05 AM
The same people who though dog houses were cruel is okay with rabbits living in old logs.

Again, you can buy a bunny from rabbit from debug and place it. You effectively own it but it needs a “habitat,” which is a tree stump. It can stay in a dirty surrounded by bugs, but not in a wall maintained cage or home?

I've been playing for a while and I notice the bunnies are not technically living there, the stump acts as a gate. Most of the bunnies that came through the home 'gate' if you chose focus on home, will bring you to all other stumps in the rest of the world.

I think the illusion they are going for is that the bunnies are living in underground tunnels connected through all the stumps, and the few that does focus on the stump of your home is the ones living underneath your house.
Test Subject
#11081 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 7:39 AM
Good thing is, we can make our own dog houses. XD
Mad Poster
#11082 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MakinUnleashed
Good thing is, we can make our own dog houses. XD

*Image of Grant shake intensively*

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#11083 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 4:22 PM
I don't like the new world at all. That village looks contrived like Poundbury (the "village" designed like a new town by Prince Charles) or something. It's definitely not anything like naturally time-evolved villages in England. Looks like someone came along and built a load of new houses and clad them with stone facings. Why would a real village spend so much money landscaping the spaces between the houses? They just don't. Usually the houses are just strung out along the main road that cuts through the village, and the inn and school are on that same road. Given that the inhabitants are obviously rich townies living the fake village life as a hobby I decided to annoy them by placing a sized-up drip pole as a 5G antenna right in the middle of it. I don't think I will be playing in this world.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#11084 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I don't like the new world at all. That village looks contrived like Poundbury (the "village" designed like a new town by Prince Charles) or something. It's definitely not anything like naturally time-evolved villages in England. Looks like someone came along and built a load of new houses and clad them with stone facings. Why would a real village spend so much money landscaping the spaces between the houses? They just don't. Usually the houses are just strung out along the main road that cuts through the village, and the inn and school are on that same road. Given that the inhabitants are obviously rich townies living the fake village life as a hobby I decided to annoy them by placing a sized-up drip pole as a 5G antenna right in the middle of it. I don't think I will be playing in this world.

I was on the TS4 subreddit, and there was a post about how there's this enormous blank space within the world that would have been perfect for a large lot or even a couple of smaller lots, and yet...there's nothing. You can't do anything, and it looks ugly by itself.

This is yet another thing I was never annoyed about until someone pointed it out, but the team has really been shirking on worlds for a while now. The number of lots is criminally tiny, and there's a bunch of filler crap that you can't get to and can't use in-game. The scenery is gorgeous, but I don't know why that has to come at the expense of more lots. And in some cases, like the above example, it doesn't even look good.
Mad Poster
#11085 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 5:52 PM
Meanwhile, much like San Myshuno, there is SOOOOOOOO much space that's just dedicated to decorative buildings. I really like this pack overall. In fact it might be one of my favorites. But this is definitely one of the worst worlds we've gotten. It's pretty as hell but there is so much wasted space.

The hell kind of expansion pack world has an actual marketplace but only two community lots? One of which isn't even in said marketplace. Still waiting to get a world that's as nice as the one that came with Cats & Dogs.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11086 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 6:08 PM

Cows are not my friends.

I’m not sorry that their target demographic can’t process that cows and hamburgers are the same thing. I’m not saying brutally masacre a cow in game, but this is where meat at comes from. We all eat meat. If a Sim and a cow were to go into the shed and a Sim were to put the cow down in exchange for meat, I would see no issue with this.

Still, sending a cow off the slau-, I mean, trading to meat is fine.

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#11087 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 6:09 PM
Quite honestly the rural part of Windenburg looks more like English countryside to me. That is once you get outside the village and the houses are more random and spaced out.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11088 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
I've been playing for a while and I notice the bunnies are not technically living there, the stump acts as a gate. Most of the bunnies that came through the home 'gate' if you chose focus on home, will bring you to all other stumps in the rest of the world.

I think the illusion they are going for is that the bunnies are living in underground tunnels connected through all the stumps, and the few that does focus on the stump of your home is the ones living underneath your house.

I guess that’s what happens in other words - I don’t think they spawn tree stumps, so the bunnies have nowhere to go but your lot? I haven’t played enough yet (work work work) so excuse my ignorance.

Top Secret Researcher
#11089 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 7:30 PM
I guess that’s what happens in other words - I don’t think they spawn tree stumps, so the bunnies have nowhere to go but your lot? I haven’t played enough yet (work work work) so excuse my ignorance.

Technically i think all bunnies are lump inside one pool of homeless bunny sims (aka the tunnel system), and they can appear at any tree stump. Some bunnies might be tied to certain tree stumps placed on the world, but they can freely teleport from one stump to another. The same bunny that came over to your house can suddenly appear at the stump near creature guy house.

One thing i also noticed is that if you have latest mcc hotfix, elderly bunnies that died are not being replaced by YA bunnies. So some homeless Sims settings used by mcc is affecting this. Taking out the mod for about one full sim day starts generating YA bunny for my game again.

I need to conduct more experiments to see if the pool of bunnies are shared across household (since you can name the bunnies we can observe if their names appear from other households) and shared between world (once you placed the stump portal in other world), or does that pool is only unique to the world or household.

Birds however works differently. Each group of birds is specifically tied to the tree. That ugly, ugly tree.
Mad Poster
#11090 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 12:54 AM
Cows are not my friends.

I’m not sorry that their target demographic can’t process that cows and hamburgers are the same thing. I’m not saying brutally masacre a cow in game, but this is where meat at comes from. We all eat meat. If a Sim and a cow were to go into the shed and a Sim were to put the cow down in exchange for meat, I would see no issue with this.

Still, sending a cow off the slau-, I mean, trading to meat is fine.

It's a good thing they haven't features a thatveganteacher as a playable premade Sim like they did with babyarial as a promotion character

(For those who don't know, she's a controversial vegan tiktok creator that acted like the typical hypocritical vegan does, moaned about ppl and popular food restaurant ccoorperation industries for not going vegan and was pain in the ass to everyone)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#11091 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
It's a good thing they haven't features a thatveganteacher as a playable premade Sim like they did with babyarial as a promotion character

(For those who don't know, she's a controversial vegan tiktok creator that acted like the typical hypocritical vegan does, moaned about ppl and popular food restaurant ccoorperation industries for not going vegan and was pain in the ass to everyone)

Oh God, I know about her. She may not be in the game but her grandmother, Agnes Crumplebotttom, is.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11092 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 2:39 AM
Vegans got Eco Lifestyle. Let us have this.

/s

Top Secret Researcher
#11093 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 3:14 AM
A tip for those who are debating between cows and llama.

If you're going for money making machine, llama is a better bet. Llama is slightly cheaper than cows (cant recall exact price right now but I could be wrong), but their produce are more expensive and unlike milk they never go bad.

And some tip for general farming help:

1. You can befriend any rabbit in the world. Once hit a friendly relationship you'll unlock the ability to buy tree stump so that they can spawn in your home. One stump is enough to encourage the entire population of rabbit to come visit. Befriended rabbits can help out in the farm by eating the weeds, and fertilizing the soil.

2. Don't waste time befriending all the birds in the world, as they wont migrate to your house and carry that relationship. Just focus on one flock to unlock the tree. Each flock are tied to a tree, so once unlocked you can ignore the ones in the world and focus on the new flock that came with the tree you placed on your home. Birds helps with eating the bugs, and singing to the tree to encourage birds. Note that birds flying over your screen as you try to game can get extremely irritating, so place the tree at the very edge of your home and I'd suggest only have 1 lol.

3. If you're desperate for some help, befriending creature keeper can help with your game as he'll autonomously help caring for your plants if you invite him over lol.

4. Befriending fox doesnt seem to have any added benefit to farming, but they can be asked not top steal chicken eggs once you have a high relationship with them.
Test Subject
#11094 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 3:22 AM
I can't seem to get an answer to this question. Can you refrigerate the eggs that you get from the chickens? I can't move my eggs into the fridge. Maybe it's a mod I use, but I don't want to waste time looking for the culprit to learn that I'm not going to be able to refrigerate them no matter what.
Top Secret Researcher
#11095 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by megmomof3
I can't seem to get an answer to this question. Can you refrigerate the eggs that you get from the chickens? I can't move my eggs into the fridge. Maybe it's a mod I use, but I don't want to waste time looking for the culprit to learn that I'm not going to be able to refrigerate them no matter what.

You can. Ms. Sam transfer inventory to fridge mod also has been updated to include eggs and milk.
Instructor
#11096 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 1:03 PM
Look in the Game Pack options if you don't want your Country Life animals to die!
Field Researcher
#11097 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by megmomof3

I have the same issue. I can't drag eggs into the fridge. I need to ask my sim to "put away" each egg separately.
Forum Resident
#11098 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
Look in the Game Pack options if you don't want your Country Life animals to die!

Why wouldn't you want them to die?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11099 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by parrot999
Why wouldn't you want them to die?

!bEcAuSe CoWs ArE fRiEnDs NoT fOoD¡

Forum Resident
#11100 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 9:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lexylu
I have the same issue. I can't drag eggs into the fridge. I need to ask my sim to "put away" each egg separately.

LittleMsSam has a great mod for that on her site. Look for transfer inventory mod.

ETA: Doh... emino already mentioned that. I should learn to read back first more often ><

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Locked thread
Page 444 of 447