Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Extended family treated as family

by kestrellyn Posted 21st Apr 2018 at 2:59 AM - Updated 17th Nov 2018 at 4:32 AM by kestrellyn : Changes required

51 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 5:40 AM
Confirming this mod is NOT compatible with InTeen.
The HCDU didn't even pick it up and I had to go through every mod in my folder.

But this adds nice features. Might want to see what resources conflict.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 7:24 AM
Just for fun, I installed InTeen and ran HCDU, and it absolutely does warn you about the conflict.

The problem, as I already stated in the original post, is that I add custom globals and InTeen also adds custom globals in (from what remember seeing) nearly every possible instance, so I don't think there's anywhere I could put my globals that isn't somewhere InTeen has already put globals.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 7:37 AM Last edited by hannahsim201999 : 13th Apr 2019 at 8:11 AM.
Yeah it doesn't work with inteen for me
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 24th Dec 2019 at 6:47 PM
Who even knows their second cousins?
Mad Poster
#30 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 4:56 AM
Thanks!I can use this in more modern times in my BACC or TOT Challenge to reflect on the changes that happened as we learned about inbreeding and the issues it caused.
Test Subject
#31 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 7:10 PM
Bless you! I've always wanted a big Sims family, and I finally have one, which has resulted in: an uncle living with his favourite niece's household, who can't recognise her children as family -face palm- and first cousins who're very close, yet their children don't see each other as family so they can date -face palms again- . Thanks for fixing that!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nickgirdy55
Who even knows their second cousins?

I know my second and third cousins

If there is no Sims.
There is no life!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 6:44 AM
I was wondering why this mod wasn't working in my game because my Sims would always reset standing in one spot. If they are to do something, they would start then stop to reset. Reading through this thread I learned that Inteen and this mod conflict. I really wanted to use this mod. Is there another mod that works with Inteen that is like this one?

If there is no Sims.
There is no life!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 12th Apr 2021 at 1:23 AM
You read through this thread after you started having issues, but you didn't think to read the actual description of the upload?

No, as far as I know there isn't a compatible version of this for InTeen.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#35 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 12:51 AM
Hello, I don't have Inteen but I have Wild Child, do you know if this mod would conflict with it? Thank you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 3:26 AM
Hey, I think I just talked to you about this on reddit, haha. Yes, they are compatible.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 5:51 PM
I seem to be having an issue with this mod in my game. When my sims get fired, they get a jump bug when coming out of the car, and then 5 seconds later they get their job back but at level 1.

This is the error log: https://pastebin.com/9hy9AXME if that's of any use.

I ran HCDU but don't get any incompatibilities with your mod, so I haven't got a clue what it could be.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#38 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 6:39 PM
That error has nothing to do with this mod. Looks related to something having to do with the Plead For Job perk.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 6:41 PM
It's odd, because it doesn't happen when I remove your mod, it also doesn't happen when I remove everything BUT your mod so... But I'm doing a "reverse" 50/50, with your mod in from the beginning, to see what might be causing it.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 7:38 PM
It seems to be a compatibility issue with this mod for Secondary Aspiration Attraction. https://hobbesed.dreamwidth.org/tag...tion+attraction
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#41 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 11:16 PM
I use both of those and I've never had this problem. As I said, that error is not related to this mod at all. It sounds like you are not even able to reliably reproduce it.
Test Subject
#42 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 3:47 AM
I had a lot of mods installed on TS2 incluiding this one, then when i opened my game, the sims just kept reseting over and over again; i reinstalled the game and slowly starting putting my mods back, and, when i returned this mod to my Downloads folder, it happened again, then i deleted the mod and the game was back to normal.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 6:33 AM
That's probably because you installed InTeen with this. Don't do that, that's what happens when you do that. Read the description next time.
Test Subject
#44 Old 2nd Jul 2021 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
That's probably because you installed InTeen with this. Don't do that, that's what happens when you do that. Read the description next time.

Oh, sorry, my bad
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 6th Jan 2022 at 7:46 AM Last edited by Carissa504 : 7th Feb 2022 at 3:16 AM.
I don't use a lot of mods in my game, but I did install this one this week. Tired of my Sims being BFFs with their cousins and their kids trying to be kissy lol. I also installed the For Sale sign that keeps kitchens/bathrooms/lights in place when Sims move out of their house but haven't touched that one at all yet...

My issue is that I had a pregnant sim who's pregnancy sped up from bumps at every 25 hours to every 15 hours. And my service NPCs run to their vehicles now. Neither is a huge issue thankfully but both are new, so just curious if you have any idea if this mod could be causing those things to happen? I don't use the InTeen, no risky woohoo mods... And the game was reinstalled fresh a year ago after a mb failure, so it's running smoother than ever actually.

Thanks for this by the way, i was really tired of having to go into SimPE and flag all these kids as family haha

EDIT: NPC's running off was caused by an invisible fire. Testingcheatsenabled fixed that one. The pregnancy glitch was just a one-off. Several other pregnancies since then have been fine. So guessing it was just from installing the mod in her first trimester
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 6th Jan 2022 at 2:50 PM
Probably you have some other mods that are causing those things.
Test Subject
#47 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 11:47 AM
So, I tried to figure out how to make this mod work with InTeen and I think might I have something.
Mod developer wrote: «This hack modifies four existing global BHAVs and adds five new global BHAVs, in the range from 0x701 to 0x705; any hack that also adds global BHAVs in this range will conflict with this one, potentially very badly depending on load order and what exactly the BHAVs in the other hack do.»
I changed the instances from 0x701-0x705 to 0x713-0x717 because InTeen doesn't use those, and mods seem to start working together. I don't have problems neither with extended family members nor with abortions and other functionality of InTeen. No errors like "too many iterations" occur, plus HCDU doesn't detect any potential conflicts, so I'm happy with the result.

I'm not a modder, though, I'm nowhere near it, so I don't know what possible consequences this action might have. But I was ready to risk and it's going good so far. Logically, nothing bad should happen, because it doesn't seem like a serious change, but I would not recommend doing that if those 2 mods aren't essential for you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#48 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 8:51 PM
If you just change the instances, the mod won't work anymore, and changing the instances won't stop this mod from calling InTeen functions if you have InTeen installed. There are also other mods now that rely on those instance numbers being what they are, and this also won't stop those mods from calling InTeen functions if you have them both installed.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#49 Old 21st Mar 2023 at 7:10 AM
Thank you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#50 Old 8th Aug 2023 at 4:14 PM
I've been using this mod for a long time and I never said thank you, so thank you! I appreciate it a lot.

I am playing a big neighborhood with multiple legacies, so I definitely didn't want my second cousins mingling romantically. It's always felt a bit icky to me. However, I'm at a point where my sims have third cousins, so they might start having romantic interactions with each other... and I still can't decide if I'm okay with that or not lol.
Page 2 of 3