Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2022 at 9:57 PM
Default "Read novel" want
Is there a mod that makes the "Read a novel" want be fulfilled from reading a normal book from the bookcase?
Normally you can't fulfill this want unless someone who lives in the house has WRITTEN a novel and then that novel is delivered to the house, and you read that, which... is kind of dumb.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Nov 2022 at 11:13 PM
I don't know of any CC like that, but there's something called "sellable novels" that allows someone who writes novels (or is friends with people who can give novels to them!), which allows them to sell novels at an owned bookstore, so that characters can buy books that fill that want. I have a neighborhood where nobody is allowed to hold a rabbit hole job, in which quite a few of the sims are novelists (it's way more lucrative than art, even at low creativity!), where the first character to assemble five novels opened a bookstore, and all the sims who have written books make friends with and give them to him, and this is highly profitable for him. I have another neighborhood in which the husband of a novelist sells her books in a store and between them they make fantastic amounts of money; but nobody in her family ever gets to read the books unless someone else in the neighborhood buys one and gives it to her!

I believe that the named books that can be bought at owned bookstores, vanilla, such as "Mr. Frumy's Humble Journey," will also fill the novel reading want.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th Nov 2022 at 10:34 AM
Why doesn't she keep a copy of her own novel? XD
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Nov 2022 at 1:59 PM
Because she has to put the only author's copy she gets up for sale in the store, and you can't buy from your own household's business. Which is really frustrating!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#5 Old 15th Nov 2022 at 2:04 PM
There is a way to clone novels so that they can give some away while still keeping a copy for themselves.
Quote: Originally posted by zephyrzodiac
Novels can be cloned. Place on a cheap coffee table and place in inventory. Close inventory. Open inventory and put coffee table on lot. Remove novel and place on floor. Return coffee table to inventory and repeat until it stops working - usually about 10 copies. Then place all copies but one in inventory ready to give as gifts or sell.

source