Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#30551 Old 21st Nov 2022 at 5:34 AM
Tooltips work in Bodyshop and in the Change Appearance menu (accessories/makeup/etc.). They don't show for clothes ingame. Wish they did, because sometimes it's difficult to see the difference between some, and in the cases where you want to remove or fix itemss the tooltips would've been very handy (would save some trips to Bodyshop).
Advertisement
Theorist
#30552 Old 21st Nov 2022 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic
Hm, it seems that all other search engines I tested could find it just fine by searching for "Sims 2 default database" except for any Google based ones.
I have found out that lately people seem to be more happy with search results on Bing rather than Google. Don't want to sound like a Microsoft representative though.

Google shows me 5 ads masked perfectly like a legitimate search result, before bringing actual search results up.
More often than not I find the results showing up on the second page. I'm still too suspicious to just straight up switch to Bing/DuckDuckGo/Brave though...
Mad Poster
#30553 Old 21st Nov 2022 at 4:32 PM
Google has given some really bad results lately. The image search on Duckduckgo is not too shabby, but I just keep forgetting to use it unless Google is being exceptionally useless.

Google gives 95% Pinterest when you search for Sims stuff, and whether you get to the actual link from there or not is a bit iffy. I don't want to make an account just for the Google results to actually work

Also, what's up with those "Thumbex" and similar stuff that keeps coming up on Google results? If you don't look too close they look a bit like Tumblr - I accidentally clicked on one of those once, and immediately got a virus warning, so now I check the links carefully before clicking. That's some shady stuff... I rarely go beyond the second page, because that's often where the results get shadier.
Field Researcher
#30554 Old 21st Nov 2022 at 8:09 PM
Do you think this is a glitch or is my game starting to break?

My female sim woohooed in her parents' bed (with her respective bf of course), and then the male sim left. Later, my sim's dad came to sleep on his bed, and his daughter starts cuddling him????

Why would they perform this animation if they're related?

I woke them up and put them back in bed and this time they didn't do this, but why would they in the first place? It was so weird to watch.
Mad Poster
#30555 Old 22nd Nov 2022 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPamplonaS
Do you think this is a glitch or is my game starting to break?

My female sim woohooed in her parents' bed (with her respective bf of course), and then the male sim left. Later, my sim's dad came to sleep on his bed, and his daughter starts cuddling him????

Why would they perform this animation if they're related?

I woke them up and put them back in bed and this time they didn't do this, but why would they in the first place? It was so weird to watch.

Maybe she didn't realise that the male in the bed had changed lol (or the game didn't). The lesson here is don't woohoo in your parents' bed!
Scholar
#30556 Old 22nd Nov 2022 at 8:44 AM
That carpet doesn't look too warm in my unbiased 99.99% correct opinion. also lime-ish green? she should've moved out to the bf place with that atrocity of bed.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30557 Old 22nd Nov 2022 at 10:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
That carpet doesn't look too warm in my unbiased 99.99% correct opinion. also lime-ish green?

I looked at that picture and instantly fell in love with that lime green! I'm a sucker for that colour. Also, hard floors are easier to keep clean. So I like it! Plants too which are lovely.
Instructor
#30558 Old 22nd Nov 2022 at 12:29 PM Last edited by Corax : 22nd Nov 2022 at 1:05 PM.
Has anyone seen this graphical glitch on a beach lot before?
This happened on Ultimate Collection with no mods in my downloads folder. I never had a pond and sea water overhaul in my game.
The first picture shows what it looks like with no objects on the beach lot. In the second picture I placed a mirror and then rotated the camera. This resulted in many mirror shaped imprints stacking on top of each other where the sea water surface should be.

Edit: Never mind, I’m an idiot who forgot that I played around with my userstartup.cheat file recently and never reverted it. Taking out boolprop useshaders false did the trick. I guess we can file this one as a stupid question rather than a random one.
Screenshots
Scholar
#30559 Old 22nd Nov 2022 at 1:32 PM
Does anyone have any theories as to why gravestones randomly disappear from a neighborhood?

I've had this happen to me a few times. It just happened in my Pleasantview. I'm none too concerned, as I have all the anticorruption mods and I can respawn the tombstones. I've never seen corruption as a result of this (or maybe I never played the neighborhood long enough for corruption to appear). But I'm just curious as to why it happens sometimes. It is a result of something I do or just one of those weird quirks of the game?
Mad Poster
#30560 Old 22nd Nov 2022 at 8:09 PM
I also recently found I couldn't find sims 2 defaults database using google, but I did find other sims sites that referred to it, so I went through there, and now my browser autocompletes it so it works fine for me to easily find it.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#30561 Old 22nd Nov 2022 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I also recently found I couldn't find sims 2 defaults database using google, but I did find other sims sites that referred to it, so I went through there, and now my browser autocompletes it so it works fine for me to easily find it.

I also have it bookmarked for that very reason!
Mad Poster
#30562 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 9:49 PM
What the hell is happening with dates in my game?!

I just posted about a date glitch the other day, and now my other set up, with different mods, is having date issues! WTF, game.

I sent my sim off on a date with her girlfriend. When they arrive, both of them become furious at each other and accuse the other person of ditching their date for another date. But there is nobody else around! You are being jealous of yourself! Also, the date score and date message were opposite.

I exited without saving and tried again with the same result (except that this time I got the dream date message but terrible date score) - so weird. I'll probably have to check my mods, but I haven't added any date score relating mods in this neighborhood, so who knows what is going on.

Maybe I'll just roll with it and decide they both spontaneously fell out of love
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#30563 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
What the hell is happening with dates in my game?!

I just posted about a date glitch the other day, and now my other set up, with different mods, is having date issues! WTF, game.

I sent my sim off on a date with her girlfriend. When they arrive, both of them become furious at each other and accuse the other person of ditching their date for another date. But there is nobody else around! You are being jealous of yourself! Also, the date score and date message were opposite.

I exited without saving and tried again with the same result (except that this time I got the dream date message but terrible date score) - so weird. I'll probably have to check my mods, but I haven't added any date score relating mods in this neighborhood, so who knows what is going on.

Maybe I'll just roll with it and decide they both spontaneously fell out of love

Someone I know had basically the same thing happen in her game recently.
The problem was that there had been glitches while the sims were trying to travel to a community lot for a previous date, so basically the previous date status hadn't been cleared properly, the sims thought they were on 2 dates at the same time, and that they were cheating on each other with... each other. She was able to fix it by going into SimPE and seeing that the sims in question had several invisible "Is On A Date" Tokens and deleting all those tokens.
Mad Poster
#30564 Old 24th Nov 2022 at 9:40 AM
Oh! Thank you for the info. I will have a look for tokens in SimPE (hopefully it's obvious!)

Instructor
#30565 Old 26th Nov 2022 at 11:35 AM
I wonder if anyone has noticed headmasters reacting negatively to romantic interactions between other sims? Years ago now, I had a family who had worked very hard to get their son into private school. It was their third attempt and I didn't take my eyes off them until I could see the score was above 100 and the headmaster jumped in the hot tub. Usually they sit there half the night, so I let them go at that point and focused on getting the kids' needs up and get them to bed. But in the meantime, the parents had decided this was their time to woohoo and they got started just as the headmaster walked into their bedroom to say goodbye and instead of the acceptance note, he told them this wasn't the kind of family that should be associated with such a fine institution. It was very amusing at the time, and I thought it was just a glitch - I've never heard that headmasters are supposed to react to seeing the parents woohoo and I found it hard to believe that would be part of the scenario. But recently I've had a uni household where there was a child and the parents wanted him into private school. I made sure everything was clean and tidy and there was even lobster for dinner and things were working excellently, with a score of 125 when dinner was done. But I still had the headmaster turn them down with that "this is not the kind of family..." note and the only thing I could think of that had happened was all the public making out in that household (three young couples in the same house). It's probably just some glitch again, but because of that earlier thing I'm wondering!
Mad Poster
#30566 Old 26th Nov 2022 at 12:56 PM
4GBpatch...researching how to install - again- I've read put it in TSBin, CSBin,TSData, or just the base Sims2 folder. I tried it in TSbin --can't open or run

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#30567 Old 26th Nov 2022 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
4GBpatch...researching how to install - again- I've read put it in TSBin, CSBin,TSData, or just the base Sims2 folder. I tried it in TSbin --can't open or run

The easiest way to know where to install it is to look at the path used in the shortcut you use to start the game, assuming you use a shortcut. That executable in that path is the one which needs to have the 4GB patch applied to it.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Lab Assistant
#30568 Old 26th Nov 2022 at 6:35 PM
I always read that one of the reasons you can't remove custom foods from your game once installed is that they can become part of Sims' want histories or become their favorite food at restaurants. Well, after years of this making me hesitant about custom food, I finally got tired of the same old Maxis foods and installed a couple of custom meals that I was confident I'd want to keep. My sims have definitely been rolling wants to learn how to cook them, but none of the new meals can be ordered at restaurants.

So did I do something wrong here, or does custom food just not show up in restaurant menus? And if it doesn't, why does everyone say that custom food becoming a sim's restaurant favorite is a potential problem with uninstalling it?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30569 Old 26th Nov 2022 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by baticeer
I always read that one of the reasons you can't remove custom foods from your game once installed is that they can become part of Sims' want histories or become their favorite food at restaurants. Well, after years of this making me hesitant about custom food, I finally got tired of the same old Maxis foods and installed a couple of custom meals that I was confident I'd want to keep. My sims have definitely been rolling wants to learn how to cook them, but none of the new meals can be ordered at restaurants.

So did I do something wrong here, or does custom food just not show up in restaurant menus? And if it doesn't, why does everyone say that custom food becoming a sim's restaurant favorite is a potential problem with uninstalling it?

Your current sims will already have a favourite food set. It has to be a new sim without a favourite food who then gets the custom food as their favourite.

Some custom foods will show up on menus some won't. Probably depends on how it was made. Also some will show on the menu but can't be served, your sim will get an empty plate or just air served to them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#30570 Old 27th Nov 2022 at 12:46 AM
Hope this is okay to ask here.... In SimPE I'm trying to CHANGE THE NAME OF A SUB-HOOD that's already attached to my main hood. How do I go about doing that?
I know how to get to the point but I'm not seeing where the list of my subhoods that are attached to my main hood are at? ( I see my main hood but not the subhoods)
Lab Assistant
#30571 Old 27th Nov 2022 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Your current sims will already have a favourite food set. It has to be a new sim without a favourite food who then gets the custom food as their favourite.

Some custom foods will show up on menus some won't. Probably depends on how it was made. Also some will show on the menu but can't be served, your sim will get an empty plate or just air served to them.

Ok, gotcha! Does anyone know how to make a custom food show up at the restaurant, then? I got comfortable enough with editing them in SimPE because I was tweaking the ones I had picked out in order to make their names, cooking skill requirements, etc all fit in and feel appropriate alongside the maxis foods but none of the tutorials I was looking at said anything about the restaurants, so I just assumed they would all be there automatically, but they're not and I would like them to be

Or do you / anyone else know of a specific custom food download that you have in your game that is definitely on restaurant menus, that you could link to? Maybe I could take a look at one that does and compare it to the ones I have (none of which are on the menu) and figure out what's missing
Mad Poster
#30572 Old 27th Nov 2022 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lionqueen129
Hope this is okay to ask here.... In SimPE I'm trying to CHANGE THE NAME OF A SUB-HOOD that's already attached to my main hood. How do I go about doing that?
I know how to get to the point but I'm not seeing where the list of my subhoods that are attached to my main hood are at? ( I see my main hood but not the subhoods)

You don't need to use SimPE for this: you can do it in-game.

Open the main 'hood. At the top of screen you will see icons for all the different types of sub-hood available. (If you have all EPs you'll have more icons than I have.)

Click on the appropriate icon for the type of sub-hood you want to rename.

This will open the chooser dialogue for the selected type of sub-hood. (in this case Shopping Districts.)

You can type a new name in the appropriate text box. There may be a length limit, but this shouldn't be a problem unless you sub-hood is based on llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch (the longest place name in the UK)!
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
#30573 Old 27th Nov 2022 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
You don't need to use SimPE for this: you can do it in-game.

Open the main 'hood. At the top of screen you will see icons for all the different types of sub-hood available. (If you have all EPs you'll have more icons than I have.)

Click on the appropriate icon for the type of sub-hood you want to rename.

This will open the chooser dialogue for the selected type of sub-hood. (in this case Shopping Districts.)

You can type a new name in the appropriate text box. There may be a length limit, but this shouldn't be a problem unless you sub-hood is based on llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch (the longest place name in the UK)!

Oh ok, I must have missed that because I could have sworn there was one instance where I changed it and it just changed it back to the original name after I had closed out of my game and went back into it and it reverted back to the original subhood name.
Mad Poster
#30574 Old 27th Nov 2022 at 5:14 AM
It's easy to change the mane of your town on opening the game or a subhood on opening up the selection menu for a shopping district or downtown you wish to rename.Renaming a campus or vacation district works the same as renaming a subhood.I don't have any of them active in my Pleasantview game yet because only one couple lives there currently and that won't happen until the population is large enough to need a shopping district to be added on.
Mad Poster
#30575 Old 27th Nov 2022 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lionqueen129
Oh ok, I must have missed that because I could have sworn there was one instance where I changed it and it just changed it back to the original name after I had closed out of my game and went back into it and it reverted back to the original subhood name.
Well, I've just (about an hour ago) renamed my nearly ten-year-old Downtown to "Downtown Veronaville" (which is how I always think of it, and often refer to it as). I've closed and re-opened the game a couple of times, and it hasn't reverted. So I guess it is working OK.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Page 1223 of 1338