Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2022 at 9:34 PM Last edited by MadMagFreak : 25th Feb 2022 at 9:35 PM. Reason: typos
Default Archetypes for other facial features in CAS
I'm a big fan of making Sims in CAS using the right-click an Archetype to blend its features with the current Sim you're making feature. (Congrats if you're just discovering that option while reading this post!) While Create-a-Sim obviously has the entire face available to right-click, it doesn't have the noses / brows / lips / jaws / etc. for every archetype.

For example, I love the nose in Template 07 (Archeafr), but it's nowhere to be found when you go to the nose archetypes in CAS:

Every feature of archetype is available through Bodyshop (see below) so has anybody figured out also get them all into CAS?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2022 at 10:58 AM
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was also wondering this!

As a follow up question, is there a guide anywhere as to which archetypes have features available in each face part section in CAS? For example, above there are only 22 noses, whereas there are 27 full-face archetypes.

I know there are different numbers for the other face pieces too, but I am not very good at matching them up so I haven't been able to work out which ones go with which face.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2022 at 1:58 PM
I have never seen extra noses or eyes etc, but there are plenty of extra non default face templates. I have 104 faces all up. :D

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2022 at 7:29 PM
No, that's not what I mean. I mean in the game, there are 27 default faces. But if you go into the different face slots in CAS, there are less than 27 options for each face part. I have figured out a way to match them though so I will do that later and report back.

I do know that non-default face templates don't show up as mouth/nose/eye parts for example. But if you replace or edit your default face templates, those do show up, if they are one of the picked ones. But not all of them do. I know for example that the elf face doesn't show up as individual parts (chin, mouth, eyes etc) only as a whole face.

Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 11:17 AM
OK, this took me beyond forever to cross reference and I'm kind of annoyed once I figured out the pattern, which I only did at the end BUT to save somebody else doing the same work again, here's the info. It may be useful to people who like to create sims in CAS, and to people creating face templates. I'll spoiler it so it doesn't look horrendous.

There are 5 possible individual face parts: Brow, Eye, Nose, Mouth and Chin. The ears are only linked to the full face template, and can only be changed from there. When you select an eye, nose or mouth, it will also affect the cheeks, even though as a whole the cheeks can be affected by the sliders in the whole-face section.

If you have default replacement face templates in, the individual parts WILL be pulled from the replacement template. Non-default replacements (extra templates) do not add to the face part templates.

TL;DR: The individual face parts use the archetype NAME to alphabetically sort. (Heart, for some reason, is first). As well as not including every single archetype, for some unknown reason.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 11:35 AM
Thanks for this research @simsfreq
Instructor
#7 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 6:52 PM
Simsfreq, that is very helpful and nothing I would have thought of doing myself so huge thanks! I did know where some of the parts come from, but with most I was fumbling in the dark. I'm now thinking of replacing face 2 with face 7 so I could get that nose when I need it .
Mad Poster
#8 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 7:29 PM
Yep, exactly. It would be easy enough to swap face templates around in case you want access to specific parts only. It doesn't require any creative skill at all, simply make templates from a toddler, child, and then each sex of the other ages and follow the default face template tutorial.