Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2022 at 7:07 PM
Default Stove heater without a chimney
Sometimes I want to use functional stove heater fireplaces without an entire chimney attached. Does such a thing exist for TS2?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Oct 2022 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Softlism
Sometimes I want to use functional stove heater fireplaces without an entire chimney attached. Does such a thing exist for TS2?

Do you mean the fireplaces that are enclosed barrel shaped like the Maxis Shiny Things, INC. "Estomago" Pot Belly Stove but without the stove pipe/chimney? Or is an open style OK? If an open style style is alright, there are a lot of CC fireplaces without the chimney. I like to use these one tile fireplaces by Shakeshaft. They come in one and two tile versions in this download: https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...ires/id/820091/

I didn't have any luck finding the barrel style stoves without the stove pipe, but someone else here probably will.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Oct 2022 at 1:37 AM
Numenor has a fire in a barrel type of thing that's a fireplace. But I'm not sure that's exactly what you're looking for.
Alchemist
#4 Old 27th Oct 2022 at 3:42 AM
The only fireplaces without chimneys I know of are custom ones and these backless Maxis ones by mia86. There are also extracted fireplaces that you can place anywhere--would one of those help?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Meet Me In My Next Life
#6 Old 28th Oct 2022 at 2:20 AM
@Softlism Check this fireplace out it have NO chimney and it had more than one places where you can place items on it.
It work and functional like like a regular fireplace with heat burning fire it comes in different colors, I have been using it for many years and love it. :lovestruc
Here the link https://modthesims.info/d/465895/ti...sion.html?new=0 It's by wonderful creator Mustluvcatz

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#7 Old 28th Oct 2022 at 6:02 AM
Mad Poster
#8 Old 28th Oct 2022 at 9:36 AM
That second one linked above can be found HERE as the other link leads to where it's download is a broken link though mine is working and has a workign download link.
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Nov 2022 at 6:31 PM
@roryausten22 I meant enclosed barrel-shaped fireplaces like the Shiny Things indeed. Does anyone which non-chimney ones have a similar shape?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 19th Nov 2022 at 10:31 AM
If you turn moveobjects on, you can delete the parts of the chimney above the floor on the shiny things fire. I find no issues when I do this, but you will still see smoke. You can't delete the chimney bit that is directly attached to the fire body though.
Screenshots
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Dec 2022 at 10:21 AM
Deatherella has converted a functional fireplace stove without a chimney
https://www.tumblr.com/deatherella/...234240/download