Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#27801 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 9:06 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 10th Aug 2021 at 9:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
Topp, in the site I linked, it said that the clothes will appear without the * in the bin.
And not to delete them in CAS or the Bodyshop.
Which I didn't do.
The only deleting was from the Downloads folder in my Doc.

That's because they're CC, and they're only binned to appear with the EAxis clothes, but they're not EAxis vanilla clothing in Sims 2. If you remove these clothes from your downloads, they will disappear because they weren't there from the beginning. They won't turn into something else (default replacement clothing would go back to being EAxis clothes if removed, but the Castaway clothes aren't default replacements).

As an example, Skell does this a lot for addon tops and bottoms that are repo'd to the various EP/BG clothes, and they'll appear without a custom star as if they belong with the EAxis clothes, but if you remove these files from the Downloads folder, the clothes will disappear. It's the exact same concept.

I've played both TS2 and Castaway - most of the tattered clothes included in Castaway are based on basegame clothes, which are found further back in the catalog, where they've always been. A few are from other packs, but those should be in their respective places.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27802 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Try replacing the ladders with EA stairs to test- I've seen people on here have problems with custom stairs before.

Yep it was the stairs
Shame, they were the perfect stairs for that lot.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#27803 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 10:20 PM
@Tleilaxu3 If you deleted the tattered Castaway clothes in Windows File Explorer, they'll still be in the Recycle Bin (unless of course you've emptied it), and you'll be able to restore them from there. (If you want them back, that is!)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#27804 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
@Tleilaxu3 If you deleted the tattered Castaway clothes in Windows File Explorer, they'll still be in the Recycle Bin (unless of course you've emptied it), and you'll be able to restore them from there. (If you want them back, that is!)

Thanks, I still have the folder saved in a CC file.

Where I became confused was in the game the basegame clothes are separates and not together as a whole outfit.
So, the neon blue sleeveless top (love that one !) and the light blue denim shorts with a white and pink belt are two separate items.
For the Castaway conversions, they appear as one outfit.

" Inama Nushif "
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27805 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Yep it was the stairs
Shame, they were the perfect stairs for that lot.

Ah, shame- but glad you got it sorted! Custom stairs and custom arches seem to be the big problems with apartments.
Mad Poster
#27806 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 12:03 AM
Where I became confused was in the game the basegame clothes are separates and not together as a whole outfit.
So, the neon blue sleeveless top (love that one !) and the light blue denim shorts with a white and pink belt are two separate items.
For the Castaway conversions, they appear as one outfit.
I've never played Castaway Stories (I have some Castaway conversions), so I don't know for certain, but I suspect Castaway Stories probably didn't have separates. So they'd have to be a single outfit there.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#27807 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 12:14 AM
The first Castaway CAS screen where you pick an adult doesn't have separates, but it's been way too long since I've played it for me to remember if there are separates in the freeplay section after you're done with the story. I'm guessing not.

Video of the "select a castaway" CAS screen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhk_bhfeS_8 (1:55)
Alchemist
#27808 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 12:26 AM
When you play school with Inge's mod, are the students selectable - i.e. is their icon on the skewer on the side of the screen, or do you have to use another mod to make them selectable?
Scholar
#27809 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The first Castaway CAS screen where you pick an adult doesn't have separates, but it's been way too long since I've played it for me to remember if there are separates in the freeplay section after you're done with the story. I'm guessing not.

Video of the "select a castaway" CAS screen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhk_bhfeS_8 (1:55)

For the new Neighborhood and Sims 2 folder I generated ; I'm just playing with the clothing conversions from the sites I linked.
The clothes are a little different from the Castaway game; but the same colors.
Just separate tops from the pants or shorts.
I'm not playing Castaway the game.
Thanks for the video link !

" Inama Nushif "
Mad Poster
#27810 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
When you play school with Inge's mod, are the students selectable - i.e. is their icon on the skewer on the side of the screen, or do you have to use another mod to make them selectable?
Yes, the pupils are selectable, including townie and NPC pupils. In my New Desconia custom 'hood two townie pupils fell in love in school. When they left school, they moved in together. In the school I'm playing just now in Baldrair Bluffs, Eve Marsden the papergirl is a pupil and she's completely controllable when she's in school. See pics here.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#27811 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
Has anyone tried the separates patch? I am pretty sure that it broke my game as I had to repair the game on origin because it kept showing an invalid license error and not starting. I have sent the creator an ask and am awaiting response but was curious if it's been a success for anyone else?

Worked totally perfectly for me, not a single problem at all. I have the disk version that uh, doesn't actually use the disk if you know what I mean. Most problems do seem to be down to having 'proper' exes (which you CANNOT have for the patch to work), and antivirus software going utterly bananas, so always backup first and when making changes to a program exe, maybe temporarily disable your anti-virus and add an exception before turning it back on. LazyDuchess has uploaded the code to show there's nothing malicious there.
Scholar
#27812 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 5:31 PM
Anyone use Simple Passage by HL? Having trouble installing it. The lot I'm downloading says it needs a script but none come with the download. Just a package.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#27813 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
Anyone use Simple Passage by HL? Having trouble installing it. The lot I'm downloading says it needs a script but none come with the download. Just a package.

^ Guessing the script is the TXT file that comes with the modular stairs version. Probably meant to go in with other modular stairs scripts (scriptorium, or wherever those files usually go if you don't use scriptorium - I haven't messed about with custom modular stairs in a while), but the install instructions are a bit vague on this one.
Alchemist
#27814 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 5:52 PM

I use it all the time. I didn't remember that it needed a script. The only stair script I have in is 4001_HugeLunaticEuroStairsOpen. It's here C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\Scriptorium_ModularStairs

Maybe that covers it, but I don't remember thinking about that at all when I installed it. I'm sure HL will be along to tell us.
Mad Poster
#27815 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 6:45 PM

It's the SimplePassageModular stairs that need a script - the second one on HL's page. And the script file is: 4006_HLSimplePassageModular.txt

Just out of curiosity - what lot are you using?

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Instructor
#27816 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
make sure to have a backup of the files you intend to modify at hand so you avoid having to install the game just to reset those files.

Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
so always backup first

Is it possible to just backup the entire The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection folder within Program Files(x86)>Origin Games? I'm gonna give this separates patch another go 'cause I'm stubborn and I want it. Or would I really only need to backup the exe?
Scholar
#27817 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
It's the SimplePassageModular stairs that need a script - the second one on HL's page. And the script file is: 4006_HLSimplePassageModular.txt

Just out of curiosity - what lot are you using?

Yours

Oh I get it now. I got the first which has a blank thumbnail so it was just ninja-ing me in the catalogue. Think I'll swap for the script version.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Theorist
#27818 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 8:04 PM
Is it possible to just backup the entire The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection folder within Program Files(x86)>Origin Games? I'm gonna give this separates patch another go 'cause I'm stubborn and I want it. Or would I really only need to backup the exe?
Backing up nearly 13 GB of data seems like an overkill if the only thing you'll need a backup of is a 16.5 MB executable.

On an unrelated note, omg! Looks like I've been promoted to a Top Secret Researcher on de forumz!
Mad Poster
#27819 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 8:24 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 11th Aug 2021 at 8:43 PM.
^ I've been a "mad poster" for a while now (sometime after 3k, maybe?). No idea if there's other tiers, but I've just reached 10k posts and didn't even notice that until now

Just the EXE is fine, really.

Whenever I'm messing about with any files in there, I make two copies of the file I want to modify - keeping one as an untouched backup, and using the second one to modify+replace the original (to bypass Windows stupidity).
(I also keep a general backup of my saved game, because when things go wrong in the install location, they occasionally to go wrong in the saved game too - just sayin' )
Scholar
#27820 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 9:32 PM
A while back, someone said you can type the letters 'app' before the 'box' in the box.net downloads page ?
Am trying to download this default :

https://le-plat-du-jour.livejournal.com/14909.html

https://www.box.net/s/95p7s7e6rx

The page download isn't working, a small window pops up that says the DL is in progress, but it never downloads.

Tia.

" Inama Nushif "
Theorist
#27821 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 10:10 PM
Try this:
Quote: Originally posted by MystAngel
This is how I did it:

- Copy the box download link
- Open Chrome
- Click "Open Incognito window" (option right below "New Tab" and "New Window")
- Paste the box download link
- Alter the url address with adding m. right before app.box and choose the new address
- The Download button will appear
Scholar
#27822 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 10:41 PM Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : 11th Aug 2021 at 11:06 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Try this:

I did this ^^^ exactly --- and received the message : "This shared file or folder link has been removed or is unavailable to you"
No file or download button is showing for this fix ?

I kept thinking if the word app. was applied before the box it would work ?

Btw, the download button is showing up fine before the incognito window and adding the "m"; It just keeps cycling and saying download is in progress.
Maybe the creator deleted it from Box.net ?

Thanks, though.

" Inama Nushif "
Mad Poster
#27823 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 11:15 PM
Default Why is Eve running away?
This has never happened in my game before!

I've never had a teen run away before. And I have no idea why Eve Marsden is running away now. She's not running away from home. She's an NPC so she doesn't have a home. She's running away from Simlogical school, where she's enrolled as a pupil. She seemed perfectly happy until now, so this decision to run away is out of the blue. Eve is friends both with Miss Erin Leitch, the school's only teacher, and with River Jenkins, who is currently the only other pupil at the school. As you can see, it is now 9:45 a.m. Eve and River arrived at the school just after nine, summoned by the school bell. Miss Leitch is inside the school, preparing breakfast. Since they arrived, River noogied her on the school verandah, but then he kissed her on the cheek (non-romantic mod by BoilingOil), and then they played red hands together. As you can see her relationship with him is good, as is her relationship with the teacher. She is friends with both of them and wants to be best friends. She also wants to go to university and gain a skill point. When they'd finished playing red hands, River went into the school to help Miss Leitch by clearing away a dirty bowl from the night before, and, as soon as she was left alone, Eve decided to run away.

Eve is the first NPC I've played at school, but I've played townie pupils without any problems. I was playing this school as a bit of a break from preparing for the arrival of the Romanovs in Veronaville. It was meant to be easy!!

So I have 3 questions:

1. Why is she running away when she seemed to be happy? She's not in a bad mood -- her bladder is about 50%, and all her other needs are green.

2. What do we do now? How do we get her back? Should Miss Leitch 'phone the police to report her missing?

3. Has anyone else who plays Simlogical school experienced anything similar? ( @joandsarah77 ?)
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27824 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 11:18 PM
I did this ^^^ exactly --- and received the message :

Hi, I answered for you here:
https://modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?p=5766383
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27825 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 11:19 PM
I have not seen anything like this @AndrewGloria but since she is an NPC with a job that she is coded to be doing I would take a guess that this is why. paper teens are fine to move to uni and become playable but maybe the game is not understanding what you are trying to do here and is confused. I would take this as a sign not to push this.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 1113 of 1345