Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2021 at 1:32 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Entire families keep disappearing from my town...
So I'm playing one of the pre-made families in Appaloosa Plains and I go to edit town and I realize 8 entire families have disappeared along with some other sims! I thought there was a glitch or something but when I went digging around about this, I discovered this is actually common and not a glitch but happens because of the awful way the game handles story progression. Luckily I haven't gotten too invested in actual story progression, I'm just editing the premade sims of the town and making their houses look better right now. There is one family I have played a lot though and have gotten their relationships where I want them and advanced them far in their careers and with the life time points or whatever. I know that I can bring families back somehow using a mod I just do not know how to do this so can someone please point me in the right direction on how to do this. I want to bring all the missing families back to their empty homes. Also I'm wondering if maybe there's a way to reset the entire town? I have no idea what this will do though and if it will mess up all I've done with this one family? I have gone into CAS and dramatically changed the appearance and traits and just about everything with two families and I do not want all that work to disappear. Lastly, I want to know what mod can I add to my game so this never happens again and no I don't want to turn story progression off. I was lucky and didn't have too much invested in this town but I've read where others have made several families, played one for a little bit and then gone to another family and they're completely gone along with half the town. Evidently the game's idea of story progression is moving entire families out when the AI is left to itself. I know there's a NRASS mod that does something with story progression but I have no idea where to begin with that one and I would need some good instructions on how to set this up. I've messed my game up really bad once with NRASS to the point I had to delete my family, and the entire lot and re add the building back from the library. Anyways, in desperate need to get this fixed because I've spent days just reinstalling my files and I'd really love to just play the damn thing lol
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 5th Oct 2021 at 1:37 AM
I don't think you can bring them back but add NRAAS story progression and at least that won't happen. If you want the originals back, you'd have to start a new game in Appalooza. You might want to save your edited houses and households and then replace them with the originals to the new game.
For most cases, I think the default settings should do fine.
https://www.nraas.net/community/StoryProgression
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Oct 2021 at 5:05 AM
If you use the NRAAS story progression mod, and are wanting to turn off story progression and aging for a while, would you need to turn these off in the game options or does adding this mod, make the game option of turning off aging and story progression obsolete? I guess there's a way to do it in the story progression mod?

Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
If you're running 1.67-69 this should already be resolved. So I'm not entirely sure if it is the same problem. But yes, NRAAS SP will prevent it from the future.

You can either do what 310175 suggested by investing in a new save and copy your modify lots over or do the reverse of that by starting a new game and save the families you want into the household bin and then load up your game and plop the families in. Either way.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th Oct 2021 at 4:32 PM
Looking over what you are wanting- to keep the changes on the families that EA 'moved out'- there's really nothing that will do that. You could box up the families you still have with Porter and put them in a new version of the town, but your changes to the families that are now gone will be lost. I believe EA progression actually deletes the families.

Do you have a backup save of the town? I'm really bad about saving as frequently as I should so I use Saver- which automatically names each new save a different name and I can set how frequently it prompts me to save.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 11:45 PM
The only thing to do is to replace your lost family by a new copie and block the emigration thanks the Nrass SP.

My sims also got up and go barely placed ahaha.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Instructor
#8 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
I believe EA progression actually deletes the families.

Yes EA deletes families it emigrates out.