Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 4:57 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 26th Apr 2020 at 10:07 PM.
Default empty String error
I am making some deco objects functional and have run into an issue. So far, all objects cloned from paintings have worked fine. I now have several objects which seem to be cloned from plants (using PlantGlobals), and those are behaving oddly. To start with, they were not interactable at all, but I found Honeywell's tip which fixed that problem.

Now, when a sim uses the object, autonomously or not, an error is thrown - "Animation Name is empty String".

I can't see anything I have done wrong with my modifications. Could someone have a look and tell me how to fix that error?

Posting the error log and two of the packages - one broken, one fine, for comparison.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  NMS_cleaners-test.7z (167.5 KB, 19 downloads)
File Type: 7z  ObjectError_G001_t103864.7z (11.2 KB, 13 downloads)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 11:29 AM
You have missed to provide a TextList 0x81 AnimsAdult (a2o) in the faulty package. If the game-engine doesn't find an STR# 0x81 it fallback to the SemiGlobal one - if find no one trhere it fall back to Globals.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 9:27 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 23rd Apr 2020 at 9:38 AM.
@clsve
So that probably means the anims were missing from the objects before I did anything. Can I add this TextList thing?

Now that I know what to look for, I found info on this in the tutorial I have been using...but it only says to import the STR semiglobal for your object, and that doesn't exist in my semiglobals.

Can I add it some other way?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 10:12 AM
In SimPE you can Extract the STR# 0x81 from your funtional package (save it where you can find it) and Add it to your faulty package. (You reach Extract and Add commandos by right-click in ResourceList)
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 8:48 PM Last edited by aelflaed : 23rd Apr 2020 at 9:05 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by clsve
In SimPE you can Extract the STR# 0x81 from your funtional package (save it where you can find it) and Add it to your faulty package. (You reach Extract and Add commandos by right-click in ResourceList)

Thank you, I will give that a try.

...I have extracted STR 0x81 from the Painting semiglobals, and added it to the Text Lists of my faulty object. The file size jumped a chunk.

Is this what you meant? - is there a better way to do it?

Do I need to link things in some way?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 10:55 PM
I think it depends of what your sim shall do with your bottles. Your current anims are null animations (sim does nothing). In the game-folders there are a lot of animations you can use. Problem is to find your desired ones,
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 10:07 PM
Okay, I solved this problem. It was actually more straightforward than it seemed. I didn't need to mess with changing the semiglobals or anything like that. But I tried!

Solution: Leave the package referencing PlantGlobals as it was created, with matching pie menus imported. Extract STR 0x81 out of another functioning object (one of the Painting-based items, with just a short list of anims). No more error, no bloat from adding the entire list of anims as I did at first.

I even added a real animation! Thanks for your help.