Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 7:11 PM
Default Lots of twins born.
I started playing Sims 4 again after about a year hiatus and I've been having a rather large rash of twins being born the first time a Sim gets pregnant. As far as I know, none of the mods I have has anything to do with babies but the last 4 playable Sims I have played their very first pregnancy has resulted in twins. At this point I want to go find a mod that stops pregnancy period. Pun not intended but acknowledged. Has anyone else ran into anything like this? Is there a simple way of dealing with it? I don't mind a baby/toddler but 2 is just a headache. I remember when people wanted a mod in Sims 2 that would give you 2-4 kids at a time. (What the hell were people thinking? lol)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 11:24 PM
You don't need a mod to stop pregnancies altogether, because Try For Baby isn't autonomous.

if your sim is already pregnant you can use MCCC to check and (if you want) change the babies amount (and gender):
click on the pregnant sim > MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Pregnancy Phase > Offspring.

you can also use MCCC to change the amount of babies a sim can have in a pregnancy overall:
click on a computer in game > MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Offspring > Maximum Offspring.

(https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases)

if you don't want to use MCCC for whatever reason, here's a list of things that up the chances for twins and you might wanna avoid:
- On Ley Line lot trait
- Family Oriented sim trait
- Listening to Twin Pop music on stereos
Scholar
#3 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 10:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grykon
I started playing Sims 4 again after about a year hiatus and I've been having a rather large rash of twins being born the first time a Sim gets pregnant. As far as I know, none of the mods I have has anything to do with babies but the last 4 playable Sims I have played their very first pregnancy has resulted in twins. At this point I want to go find a mod that stops pregnancy period. Pun not intended but acknowledged. Has anyone else ran into anything like this? Is there a simple way of dealing with it? I don't mind a baby/toddler but 2 is just a headache. I remember when people wanted a mod in Sims 2 that would give you 2-4 kids at a time. (What the hell were people thinking? lol)

Check the lot traits in build mode of the house you live in... There is a lot trait that basically gives you twins everytime. Change your lot type in the top left of build mode and you should go back to the normal singleton pregnancies with the odd twin or triplet pregnancy.
Screenshots